• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City size question.

• Thread starter DeletedUser1909
  • Start date

DeletedUser1909

I have heard that there will be no more city size increase for chapter 12. Is this true, and if so I am probably done. There is a quite a few players like me that have maxed the current city size and I believe your decision not to increase it anymore will affect your player base quite a bit, you will have alot of us quiting the game.

DeletedUser1596

By the end of the last chapter you have about 50x50 squares of space (or +-100 expansions). If you cannot fit your city onto this large area, you are probably doing something wrong. Building space challenge in this game is set to very easy and you will have a hard time looking for an easier game.

DeletedUser2003

It's probably not about doing things "right or wrong" in someone else's humble opinion, but about growing beyond what he has already accomplished? In my own humble opinion, of course.. :p

DeletedUser1596

Makes sense, but the space cannot be expanded forever. First, it would consume more and more memory and other mystical things inside my computer. Second, in a few years you would have to maintain 2-3times more buildings than now, which would be devastating for gameplay. Third, the more expansions you get for free, the less benefit a diamond expansion provides for diamond players, which is not too healthy for the game either.

Brummbaer

The problem for me, is that:
I do not gain more expansions from the provinces (max reached)
All other possible city expansions are reserved for diamond players only :(

DeletedUser118

They should give us at least the opportunity to fill up all the available space we have so far. I will reach the limit of 457 provinces soon too but I will still have a few spots left in my city where to put expansions. So if you don't wanna give new space to us, ok, but at least give us the needed expansions to complete what we have right now.

Heymrdiedier

I have heard that there will be no more city size increase for chapter 12. Is this true, and if so I am probably done. There is a quite a few players like me that have maxed the current city size and I believe your decision not to increase it anymore will affect your player base quite a bit, you will have alot of us quiting the game.
i had heard the same thing for chapter 11 by mods, it didnt turn out to be true.

They said, not all chapters will give you an extra row on the map anymore, but didnt specify which chapters that would be.
So my info if you were talking about expansion rows.

If you are talking about getting expansions. I expect (but cant confirm since this isnt in the game files or i havent found it) 2 extra diamond expansions, 2 extra world map expansions, and 1 from tech tree.

Brummbaer

Having a look onto my city.

There are more than 20 „blocked“ expansions for premium players. Around this (south of the city) there are space for additional 10+ expansions. >> 30+ expansions
Taking a math:

Scouting time: approx. 4 days
Provinces required for on expansion: approx. 10

That’s 40 days for one expansion.
30 possible expansion multiplied by 40 days >> 1200 days >> more than 3 years !?

BTW: Have a nice first advent

Last edited:

Karvest

As far as I can see in game files - they are planning one expansion (#43) in chapter12 and another one (#44) in 13 for now.

SoggyShorts

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....mprovement-discussion.14475/page-2#post-83886
scroll down just a little

I dunno how to facebook, so there's a link to Timon explaining why there will be no more rows added.

For myself I'm not very concerned about the space. I have over a million of each good, which is going up instead of down. A functioning military that can clear on the world map despite skipping most SS techs while doing my share of 10 tournament chests, and room for either 70 little 2x2 buildings for events, or a guest race. That's at only 312 cleared provinces, so with 14 more expansions to go I feel like I have loads of space.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1909

See the video posted by Soggy.
No more rows will be added. The End.....
Now I have to decide if I keep playing with a maxed out city size. Knowing everything will get bigger..
My inclination says no....

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

See the video posted by Soggy.
No more rows will be added. The End.....
Now I have to decide if I keep playing with a maxed out city size. Knowing everything will get bigger..
My inclination says no....
keep in mind that the 'not adding a extra row', was something players requested. Since a lot of the player dont want to buy diamonds (wonder why :) ) they have a lot of free expansions spots, they will never be able to fill.

Deleted User - 60152

Let's see - he said "Near Future" so I guess that means never. I also noticed a comment from elvenar in the comment thread about buildings having gotten smaller previously and that it might happen again.

ALdbeign

Let's see - he said "Near Future" so I guess that means never. I also noticed a comment from elvenar in the comment thread about buildings having gotten smaller previously and that it might happen again.
what buildings (besides the human residence in dwarf chapter and that was only by two tiles) have gotten smaller?

DeletedUser1909

Count on 2 chapter minimum, And with chapter 12 taking more guest race space, residences will have to go smaller, or were screwed..