• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface City Planner Tool - In game Production Planner

DeletedUser2402

This is something I use off-line to figure out how I will build each of my cities. It’s strictly for production purposes versus designing. It would be nice if this was a built-in feature of the game. Although outside fan-sites, one in particular, is very nice, it's more than what I'm looking for with the design aspect of it.

This production planner would not be tied to my actual city, in that it would not automatically pull in my current manufactories. It’s something that I can change levels, delete factories, or add more factories without changing my actual city. Behind the scenes I have a relational database that pulls the production rate for a 24-hour production based on factory type, if it’s human or elf, and level.

This is a work in progress, and still refining things.
Under the Production Tab there are sub tabs for each of the Tier 1 – Tier 3 manufactories and the sentient good associated with the manufactory. (which I haven’t created yet)
cityplanner.JPG

To add a new crystal manufactory or change the information I click on the CT2 tab (Crystal Tier 2) Here I can click the New Factory Link to add a new crystal factory or change the levels of existing ones.

Using scripts I can change the drop-down menus for type and race to automatically set that it’s crystal and for an elf race. I haven’t done that, I’m using drop down menus. These are unnecessary steps but will fix that. The only thing I should change is the level. As I change the level of the factory it will change the production rate based on a 24 hour production without boosts. Above the sub tabs, the new production rate for all of crystal factories will change. It also calculates how many crystal factories I have and adds it to an overall factory count.

Marble - Default Lead Tab
Marble is the default tab and shows the overall factory count.
The highlighted production of 72 is built in to denote that this is a end chapter sized manufactory.
While not completed yet, there is an area below the basic goods to create the planner for the associated sentient good – moonstone for the tier 1 marble manufactory.
cityplannermarble.JPG

The other main tabs could be production for supplies that includes the workshops, event buildings, and wonders. and Gold for residences, event buildings and wonders.

Chapter Quest Tab
Under the chapter quest tab, I add new required chapter quests to complete. It serves as a history of what I’ve done in each of my cities, when I started the quest and when I completed it. It’s tied into production planning as some of the quests are to build and upgrade manufactories.
cityplannerquests.JPG

To Do Tab
Under this tab I can create line items to serve as reminders of building and upgrading manufactories I might have to finish, if I can't get to it immediately.
cityplannertodo.JPG

Ashrem

I'm not clear on the suggestion here. If you are suggesting that Inno provide such a tool, I can see the attraction for a subset of players who are quite invested in data, but it doesn't strike me as something that more than a small percentage of players would value.

If, on the other hand, this is a project of your own you are already working on, congratulations.

DeletedUser2402

@ashrem correct it's a tool for players. I built this because using the other fan-site (the architect one which I think is fantastic to see a full snapshot of your kingdom without changes) proved to be a lot of work to make small changes. Not all players can do this and trying to make this into a spreadsheet...yikes. The suggestion is to make something like this accessible to players in game.

SoggyShorts

Personally I enjoy stuff like this(and your wonder admin idea) because I'm in that small subset of nerds that ashrem mentioned. In the last few months though inno seems to be more interested in the mobile version of the game, which might make such tools something for fan sites only.:(

DeletedUser118

Personally I enjoy stuff like this(and your wonder admin idea) because I'm in that small subset of nerds that ashrem mentioned. In the last few months though inno seems to be more interested in the mobile version of the game, which might make such tools something for fan sites only.:(

Mobile gaming is the future of gaming, at least for most companies in the gaming industrie. So its better not to expect anything else from these guys than to please their mobile customers in any way they can. ;)

Ashrem

Mobile gaming is the future of gaming, at least for most companies in the gaming industrie. So its better not to expect anything else from these guys than to please their mobile customers in any way they can. ;)
That might or might not be fair, but more important to what is currently happening is that the end of support for Flash by 2020 (and by most browsers later this year) means that Inno has to transition all of their code to HTML5 instead. Rather than put a lot of development into transitioning the existing browser flash code, clean coding a new version of the game for HTML5 on mobile while doing the minimum to support the browser version is probably the best use of their programming time right now. Once the browser version is feature complete, they can do the adaptation to use that as their new web code-base.

Marindor

This is indeed not a feature that would get our focus right now. Fan sites will be perfectly able to provide you with similar tools, for now we will devote our developer's time to other things :)