• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Cities on World Map

DeletedUser58

If you've noticed, the way your city looks on the World Map changes (evolves) every time you enter a new era (distinguished on the tech tree with colors --- Brown, Green, Purple, Teal, and Golden so far).

I thought it'd be nice to have them all in a single thread just in case you have no one in your discovered players to see the other cities.

Elven city #1 and Human city #1
vECaAA0.png
UUjSBPE.png
exjwPAn.png
xYKee7Q.png

Elven city #2 and Human city #2
lg6plUI.png
UwyMk8K.png
8nozzeV.png
tseQXc4.png

Elven city #3 and Human city #3
EQrqOco.png
tEbdf45.png
IevpcPe.png
AXcwdk4.png

Elven city #4 and Human city #4
VuEZT6N.png
V8bNMhw.png
town.png
N6dehpB.png

(left one courtesy of Tinker, right one courtesy of Khebeln):
Elven city #5 and Human city #5
zLEi3It.png
p9aiaFy.png
RbgGLMi.png
jWloqy3.png

The walls around a human city become available once your research the Advanced Scouts on level/age 4.

Feel free to comment on the city designs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Elven cities:
level 1 - red
level 2 - red (different building layout)
level 3 - green

Human cities:
level 1 - red
level 2 - blue
level 3 - green

*My little contribution towards another one of your great guides* :]

DeletedUser488

It almost looks to me as though the Elven Cities at Level 2 appear to have more of an orange look to them. Well, it is certainly clear that the Workshop's and Residence's are orange, despite the Main Hall maintaining the red color and a slightly different building layout.

DeletedUser58

There's a screenshot (likely from a secret testing server for the staff) in which some additional city layouts are available over HERE but I'm not sure if those designs (which are totally awesome :D) are available in our gameplay or if they were discarded or what. I believe @Khebeln and @Tinker (from the folks who are on the forum) are on a higher level than the first 3 ones, but they're nowhere near me so I couldn't get an image from their cities. Level 3 is the highest in my discovered hood. I'm liking the "upgrades" so far though. :)

DeletedUser108

There is not a single person I have found in the forum that actually lives close by and can see it.
Go 12 hexes north-west and you will see my city. But I have actually marble, silk, and gems too. So probably not that interesting for you...

DeletedUser503

Any of you can search by player name by clicking on your ranking.
When the players name comes up, you have a choice to 'send message'
or 'Visit'. Easy way to have a look at a city that you have not 'discovered' yet.

DeletedUser136

Any of you can search by player name by clicking on your ranking.
When the players name comes up, you have a choice to 'send message'
or 'Visit'. Easy way to have a look at a city that you have not 'discovered' yet.

Yes, but that doesn't help finding where a city is in relation to where you are, so that you can first discover it and then be able to see it in color on the map overview (which was the point of this thread)... but that's a whole other thread being discussed elsewhere :D

DeletedUser58

Right, you can "visit" any player, but you have no option to find them on the world map. Thank you Tinker for the screenshot! :) So grey/silver with a hint of gold, and it seems the buildings are placed higher so there are stairs to reach them... It definitely looks classier then the previous three level layouts. :D

DeletedUser136

Elfs are still in stone age

If you say so. I'm not going to hijack this thread dueling with you though.

Phantom, I'll update with the next level whenever I get there unless another elf beats me to it. Then you will have all 5 elf colors for overviews.

DeletedUser503

Yes, but that doesn't help finding where a city is in relation to where you are, so that you can first discover it and then be able to see it in color on the map overview (which was the point of this thread)... but that's a whole other thread being discussed elsewhere :D

DeletedUser503

Oh, sorry Tinker, I missed the point you were trying to make about finding the actual
map location. I thought you just wanted to view a certain players city to have a look
at the levels and layout. My bad. :p

DeletedUser136

it'd be great if you can provide us with an image of how it looks
I should have the level 5 elf one to you by the end of the week unless someone beats me to it... hopefully a level 4 human and post and you'll have the full set (for now, anyway)

DeletedUser58

Thanks again Tinker! And thanks Khebeln both for the image and the info for the walls. :)