• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Contact(ed) support Chrome only corrupted Elven Object??

DeletedUser867

I'm getting a very odd symptom pattern, and I'm wondering if anybody has some good ideas.
  • My us1 city, which is Human, works just fine with both Chrome and Edge
  • My lower level Elven Cities work just fine with both Chrome and Edge
  • My zz1 (Elven Faries) and us2 (Elven Dwarves) cities BOTH stall out at 18/24 when I try to log in with Chrome. I've tried using Incognito mode, I've cleared the Browser cache,
    and I've used http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html to clear the Flash caches. No Joy.
It's a very curious bug, and if somebody else is seeing the same thing, then perhaps we can chase down the common element.

About the only thing that would make any sense at all would be if Chrome is trying to load an object that it regards as corrupted, at step 18/24, that ONLY pertains to advanced Elven Cities.

Perhaps there's some sort of chaining going on, wherein step 19 is a call to an advanced Elven object, as the loading sequence may very well depend on which code objects you'll need for that particular city.

Pretty strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just tried loading zz1 in Chrome, don't have any problems.
Update Chrome.
Try CCleaner.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hey Katwijk, thanks for your report - it's curious indeed!

@lika1961 could you let us know please whether you are Human or Elf on the account where you have the problem, and also what chapter you are in?

DeletedUser867

I'm getting the same pattern in Beta as well, btw.
  • My advanced (Orcs - I haven't played much since July) Elven city stalls at 18/24 when I try to use Chrome, but Edge works fine
  • My primitive Human city works just fine with either Chrome or Edge
Is there ANY meaning to the 18/24 staging timer, or is it just a fake percentage? If we knew what was in module 19, or example, then we could go look for Mr. Goodbar in all the right places.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi folks, apologies for the delayed reply here - we've been unable so far to reproduce this issue, so if you're still having problems logging in, please contact support and we will endeavor to assist you from there :)

DeletedUser867

Build 1.17 didn't change the pattern, sigh. I can log in using Edge so I can play just fine, but I don't have any redundancy.

If the next Chrome/(PepperFlash) release doesn't make the problem go away, then I'll post a support ticket that gets into the specifics that are needed by the developers. I'm currently using Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit)

MEANWHILE, do we have ANY clue what the 19th of 24 load modules might be?? Knowing that would help me focus in on the probable cause.

Last edited by a moderator: