• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Chrome and Adobe Flash player update

Elderflower

Game version: __ (right click ingame, click the version number to copy it, paste here)I don't know as I can't get into the game to find out.
Game world: __Beta
Browser + version: __Google Chrome Version 43.0.2357.134 m
Flash Player version: __18.0.0.209
Operating System: __Windows 7
Screen resolution: __1366 x 768
Account name: __Elderflower
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility: __/At first it seemed to only happen 3/5 but now it is 5/5

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:When I try to log into my game, after I click on the Beta button instead of loading my game I get a dark blue screen that says Welcome to Elvenar! Get Adobe Flash player
__
__

Expected situation:
__
__

Reproduction Steps
__Go to Elvenar website
2. __Click login button
3. __Click World button - in this case Beta
4. __
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)
upload_2015-7-21_22-34-12.png

I have seen this issue before, but then it was for everyone, which is not the case right now. Are you using Chrome's built-in PepperFlash, or are you using the standalone Flash Player? :)

Elderflower

As far as I can tell, I am not using PepperFlash. I have been able to get into the game normally today. So maybe the problem has gone away.
upload_2015-7-22_11-9-39.png

If you click on "Details" there in the top right, and then scroll down to Adobe Flash Player, you will be able to see if it's PepperFlash or normal Flash there. See this screenshot:

BYsg0QI.png

DeletedUser283

I would like to add that the native Adobe Flash player plugin will soon be unsupported in Chrome, thus forcing chrome users to use pepperflash

Elderflower

ok Thank you. I now see that I am running pepperflash. However today I have had no problem at all. I have logged in and out of Elvenar several times without a hitch.
Philplessis does that mean we will need to switch to Firefox instead?

Alright, thanks for checking, @Elderflower! We have unfortunately not been able to reproduce this problem at all, so we will archive this thread.

Also, in the future, it should still be possible to play Elvenar via Google Chrome, but then you will have to use PepperFlash. PepperFlash is already enabled by default (and only few people actually disable it), so it should not be a huge problem. We will of course follow up on that if something new comes up regarding that subject, and we will announce that then. :)