• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Chat - Counter after /who takes forever to disappear

DeletedUser778

Game version: v1.0.5-(85580ea) (2016-02-22 13:53)
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Waterfox 44.0.3
Flash Player version: 20.0.0.268
Operating System: Win7 64bit
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: LordB
Humans or Elves: Elf
Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
After I used /who in the chat I have to close/open the chat 20+ times to make the exclamation mark disappear.

Expected situation:
One time should be enough.

Reproduction:
1. use the /who command in chat
2. close/open the chat a lot

DeletedUser31

Hi @LordB,
Thanks for reporting this issue. We were not able to reroduce this behavior. Can you please check if this happens in different browsers too? (Google Chrome or Firefox?) Also if you could make some screenshots, that would be helpful. :)
Thank you for your help! :)

DeletedUser778

I'm stupid :D
I meant the red 1 for new messages ... it's no exclamation mark :confused:

If I used /who I have to close the chat

ucch0ROhLRF4.png

and open it again
yyYN0dpIpzS0.png

For 20+ times to make the red 1 disappear.

DeletedUser118

I can confirm that. Happens to me as well. You need several attempts till the number is gone.

Ok, I have tested this a quite a bit now (I've spent the past hour spamming my Fellowship chat, hehe :rolleyes:), and I can see the following things happen:

1. When I type /who more than once it adds +1 to the counter most of the times, but not always.
2. If you close the chat and reopen it, the counter drops, but not necessarily to 0 (I need close and reopen 1 to 3 times before the number is entirely gone, but in all my tries it was never more than 3 times).
3. When someone else writes in the chat and you do not have the cursor focus in the text field of the chat, and you have the chat open, the counter goes +1 for every message for some people, but not for everyone. The counter can drop, the counter can add, the counter can stay the same - also when new messages come in.

All in all it does seem that something is broken, but I am not sure what exactly it is yet. What I do know, is that this is a very interesting (and fun) bug to test. If someone has more information on how to accurately reproduce this (especially the part where you have to close and reopen the chat some 20 times to make the counter reset), please do share. :)

Can this be somehow connected to the amount of players currently online in the chat? If I'm in the chat by myself, this doesn't happen, but if I'm there with multiple people it seems that it may happen more often. Still no 5/5 reproduction, though.

DeletedUser246

@Muf-Muf

1- Refresh the game
2- Close chat window
3- open again
4- type /who
5- see red 1 notification about it.

Able to reproduce all the time.

Edit¹: I'm not sure that is a bug, because system notification can be considerate like a notification.

DeletedUser246

Yes, i know. I'm just saying that we can reproduce that.
But as i said, i'm not sure if that's a bug or system notification about your request. (/who)