• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Chapter Migration feedback

Lelanya

Apparently it falls to us to launch the feedback thread, Announced here.

So I have an account in latish chapter 3; it's purposely kept there to check values for coin and bracelet badges in FA.
So now I will be receiving the benefits gained, upgrades to factories, workshops, and Ancient Wonders where I haven't targeted rune shards. What about expansions, will I suddenly have a big batch? How will this affect my ability to solve event quests, and my Spire or Tournament CAL?

Enevhar Aldarion

I don't know about all of that stuff, but your city will be at the beginning of chapter 5, whether that means with Advanced Scouts completed or not, I guess we will see in a few more days. So depending on that, it will determine if all these older little cities are working with chapter 4 or chapter 5 values for events and FAs and so on.

What it does clearly mean is all these older cities still in chapter 4 or lower will lose access to the Spire, until they do those first several chapter 5 researches to complete the Spire research.

Karvest

At least once I was migrated to new tech tree, I got all optional techs researched. And was forced to ask support to unresearch SS upgrades that were skipped on purpose earlier. I left a feedback that such things should be preserved automatically during migration, but afraid they won't change their migration code...
Also those who are on old tech tree now will probably get new one with new spell order in MA and MM->CC/CC->IM/IM->MM conversion of all not collected spells.

salandrine

I guess, this is only the beginning with Beta and will be proceeded in live worlds.

But I decided to hold a city in Chapter 4 due to FSA and other reasons. When I am now migrated to Chapter V, I will lose all my privilegs, I worked for hard.

Deleted User - 101740

I guess, this is only the beginning with Beta and will be proceeded in live worlds.

But I decided to hold a city in Chapter 4 due to FSA and other reasons. When I am now migrated to Chapter V, I will lose all my privilegs, I worked for hard.
You'll be migrated to Chapter 6 I believe.
Sorry, I was mistaken. Chapter 5 cities go to ch 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprite1313

You'll be migrated to Chapter 6 I believe.
Nope, chapter 5 cities get moved to chapter 6; cities in chapters 1-4 move to chapter 5. Below is a snip from the actual forum announcement:

1685742083988.png

Sprite1313

At least once I was migrated to new tech tree, I got all optional techs researched. And was forced to ask support to unresearch SS upgrades that were skipped on purpose earlier. I left a feedback that such things should be preserved automatically during migration, but afraid they won't change their migration code...
Also those who are on old tech tree now will probably get new one with new spell order in MA and MM->CC/CC->IM/IM->MM conversion of all not collected spells.
Do you recall if it autoscouted the world map to give you the required number of provinces to open those chapters? I'm wondering what will happen with relics from world map encounters, open provinces for tournament, etc. Those early cities are precisely the ones for whom every relic is precious, and who don't have a ton of open provinces in tourney.

guivou

on live, i have a dedicated FA city blocked in chapter 3 , i don't want to be in chapter 5 , and this such big change will take me weeks and huge quantity of resources to have all building at the right level. During that time , i won't be able to climb spire or play tournament , all resources used elsewhere ... and what about the new cost to negotiate : it will be impossible to negotiate if need more resources (i have no t3 building for example )

for this kind of city relics are not so much trouble , being more than 6 month in low chapter can give you time to open 20 provinces and have maximum boost

Last edited:

Karvest

Cauldron has ~the same position in both old and new tech tree.
I guess they just don't know how to migrate between tech trees without marking the whole affected chapter as researched.
So if you have some optional techs skipped in first 5 chapters and want them to stay as is - don't forget to ask support to mark them unresearched after migration (that affects not only those who would be moved forward, but those who are already far away but still have old tech tree)...