• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile Discussion

Bor de Wolf 1965

@palmira if your entire server would stop using the trades by putting Wax on sale you would see the shift to demand for Wax.
The problem is that you can claim what you need without putting up any trader in response.
This way there is an artificial imbalance of 1 item and players that produce the item will never pay for the trader just to collect them.

Simple solution to this problem:
You need at least 1 trader to be able to see what T7 or T8 is on the market.
You need at least 1 trader out to be able to collect up to 2 T7/8 trades.
That way players are forced to place what people need on the trade as well.

Now:
one player (A) needs to request for the 2 T7 or T8 they don't produce
one player (B) needs to request for 1 T7 or T8 they don't produce and collect trade from player A
one player (C) (s)he just collect from player A and B
If you are player A you are screwed, if you are player C you screw every one if you don't put up any trade your self.

Karvest

Actually, as @SoggyShorts noted when merchants just arrived, it's a bit counterintuitive, but the best player (C) can do - is not to put a trade offering his rare boosted good, but to get trades with a hat (but never take trades without hat) and to put a trade asking for his rare boosted good. If no one take this trade - it would be a plain additional production of this good by merchant which he can use to close more trades with hats asking for his rare good.

edeba

I produce wax in my live server and nobody wants wax, the whole market for ascended goods consists of 9 pages, 8 of them offering wax, the first page being offers of t7 for powder
60 pages just for wax on my server... Everything else is cleared.

1638491786732.png

palmira

The problem with my live server is that not that many people have the upgraded trader and for some freak coincidence most produce wax. I can only hope it will improve a bit in the next couple of days, it is much better now in beta and was as bad in the beginning

Enevhar Aldarion

Alright everyone, either I totally missed someone saying this or no one has yet, but I just figured out that you do not have to let the Towers expire before you sell them for the white or black matter. I am on the quest that requires building and selling two towers of light, so I just built, time boostered the construction, and sold them to move to the next quest. And when I saw I was getting a white matter from each, I was very surprised and happy.

Karvest

Hm... are you sure? From my point of view there should be no difference whether you sell expired tower or not, you should get your matter (same as selling expired ELRs/MMMs/etc still grants you coins and supplies).

Enevhar Aldarion

Hm... are you sure? From my point of view there should be no difference whether you sell expired tower or not, you should get your matter (same as selling expired ELRs/MMMs/etc still grants you coins and supplies).

I have not let one expire yet, but we should get the matter either way. I had gone into this chapter thinking we had to let the tower expire first to get the matter when selling them, not getting the matter at any time a tower is sold.

palmira

@palmira each upgrade of the portal requires 24x black matter.
Actually, as @SoggyShorts noted when merchants just arrived, it's a bit counterintuitive, but the best player (C) can do - is not to put a trade offering his rare boosted good, but to get trades with a hat (but never take trades without hat) and to put a trade asking for his rare boosted good. If no one take this trade - it would be a plain additional production of this good by merchant which he can use to close more trades with hats asking for his rare good.
That might work on an active server, on my live server there are only 3 pages of ascended goods trades and the number never changes much. Playing this chapter will be a pain for most players there at least until more people are on the market

Alcaro

I just noticed that the Towers of Light/ Darkness can't be teleported, only Breeding Facilities can. I wonder why! In the previous chapters only capped buildings from settlements (as Portals, the Embassies, Flag ships etc) couldn't be teleported. Why this change? Only because they expire? If this is the reason, then pardon me, but it sucks. :[
frowning pup_small.jpg

Last edited:

Bor de Wolf 1965

You need 144 white towers just to get 72 black towers and they will give you the 3x24=72 dark matter to upgrade the portal to level 4.
So, selling a tower will only help you.

Arthus

Question about ancient wonder of chapter 19.
0.024% of power on level 1.
" Gives a percentage of Unurium for Coins Pickup from Residences (The amount of Unurium you receive depends on the amount of coins collected)."
How does it work? How much unurium per day? Because if we take 0.024% from magic residences money output, we have crazy numbers...

Last edited:

Alcaro

Yes, because no expiring buildings can be teleported.

But why even try to teleport them? Just sell them and build new ones, since you need a ton of the white and black matter you can only get when you sell them.
You need 144 white towers just to get 72 black towers and they will give you the 3x24=72 dark matter to upgrade the portal to level 4.
So, selling a tower will only help you.
Because I wanted to keep them in the inventory until I build also 10 Facilities. I have a quest to have 10 Towers and 10 Facilities. Eventually I've teleported a good chunk of the city to make place for all those 20 buildings.
EDIT: the good part is that they count even though are disconnected from Fortress. Towers all over the place until I can sell them :D

Last edited:

Alcaro

... and I reached Stone Heart Street tech, which requires "only" 20000 Creatures o.t. Light.
10 Facilities can make 500 Creatures/ 6h. Because I am used to sleep at night I'll count only 3 batches/ day = 1500 CotL
20000 : 1500 = 13.33 days just for ONE tech. Probably will be less tragic (in theory only) once the Facilities will be upgraded, unless you don't think that one upgrade (only 1 lvl. from total of 4) costs 700k Mana and 58k Wax and ofc, if you have Mana then for sure you don't have enough Unurium.
I didn't even look how much the Fortress' upgrade costs. I don't want a heart attack! :D
I think Inno decided that this chapter must take at least 6 month if not a year for casual players. I wonder how many players will quit.

Enevhar Aldarion

EDIT: the good part is that they count even though are disconnected from Fortress. Towers all over the place until I can sell them.

Yes, that is true in other chapters too. Once a building finishes building, it can be moved off into a corner and still count for those quests.

Alcaro

@Arthus 0.024% means number_of_coins_collected * 0.00024 unurium received. So not so amazing (I rather prefer Temple of Spirits for unurium).
I was reluctant to build more wonders but eventually I've built the Temple of Spirits and replaced the Museums with Dragon Statues > smaller AND better ratio of Unurium/ tile. Thanks to this Temple at lvl.6 atm, I got 125k Unurium from the Spire. Also, for once I am happy that an event will start soon :D :D I will probably be more happy to collect Keys/ Unurium than thinking at the event.
About Vallorian Tower - it might not be breath taking regarding the Unurium/ collected coins but reducing the decay is not something to be ignored. Since I gave up on good scores in tournaments, I will build that Tower too ... when the time comes ... somewhere next year in Spring ... or Summer :D

Bor de Wolf 1965

@Arthus 0.024% means number_of_coins_collected * 0.00024 unurium received. So not so amazing (I rather prefer Temple of Spirits for unurium).
Knowing I collected over 88m of gold today on my main with my housings and with the neighbour help system.
So I would say, I can get over 21k of Unurium everyday by just becoming the neighbourhood tax collector.
I know, it would take hours when you do it in the browser version of the game.
I use bluestacks 5 to emulate an android device and do it like that. (over 150 neighbours visited in under 30 min is easy)