• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile Discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

After reading the descriptions of all the researches, it sounds like Inno managed to make a chapter that sounds and feels uglier than the Orcs chapter. I remember when chapter 8 was added, that the ugliness and all caused a lot of people to quit the game, rather than deal with it, so I wonder if this chapter will do the same.

eltina

in [Research]
Total of Use
2.080.000 moonstone
2.080.000 platinum
2.080.000 elven tree gum
1.150.000 obsidian
1.460.000 arcane ink -> 1.150.000
840.000 royal velvet -> 1.150.000
1.400.000 silly soap
1.400.000 alloy shrooms
1.400.000 cosmic bismuth

Is it a bug that arcane ink and royal velvet not is 1.150.000
I think maybee one of the research shoud be royal velvet an not arcane ink (310.000)

Last edited:

Loynis

Ex-Team Member
@eltina you probably made a mistake calculating sentient good requirements. If i am not wrong, they each add up to 1150k.
Can you check again?

Arthus

Will chapter 18 change of ancient wonder costs be also on live? Or only beta? Should we continue to produce these badges?

Lovec Krys

I actualy like the darker theme of this chapter.
Can i join the Warlock voluntarily? He doesn't need to force me to help him with his reveng:esmile:
(in the old good game Heroes of Might and Magic III i have always played Necromancers fraction, would be nice to have a guest race of the undead:))

edeba

@Lovec Krys Thank you so much. Much appreciated. I believe three are missing, barrack, mercenary camp and training grounds.

I put together a spreadsheet for the tech tree, tinyurl.com/ch19-excile. I set it up wrong, and then a typo in the new one... Oh well... If anyone notices any errors, let me know. Also, I think the boost tech may be boost dependent.

Last edited:

Arthus

I must say that the dark theme of this chapter caught me off-guard, is there anyone here, who likes the story of this game?
They outdid themselves with that plot twist, basically whole city becoming hostage and breeding ground for evil sorcerer's army
Technology tooltips are increasingly more pesimistic while chapter progresses until we reach almost "the end is near" point.
Guess help will come in Chapter 20

Lovec Krys

@edeba I forgot about those:

1636524858239.png

1636524894862.png

1636524922033.png

12markus12

salut, savez-vous s'il y a une (ou plusieurs) extension de province et pour combien de numéro de province ?

Translation (by Google translate): hi, do you know if there is one (or more) province extension and for how many province number?

Edited by: Amy Steele
Reason for edit: Translation for non-English post

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcaro

salut, savez-vous s'il y a une (ou plusieurs) extension de province et pour combien de numéro de province ?
There are 2 expansions from the tech tree and 1 from scouting. The one from scouted provinces, I can't say how many provinces you have to have completed, because I overscouted. The easiest way is to check your Expansion tab and if it's available for you, will be green, if not, it will show how many provinces you still have to complete to get that expansion.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

I wonder if this chapter will break the spire for players entering chapter 19.
When at sunday the new spire arrives, will you need t7 for the spire?

As it's the only good you cannot freely trade and are very depending on the merchant

edeba

Lovec Krys

@edeba No i don't have those wonders in my beta city. My beta city is poor with military wonders: Golden Abyss, Martial monastery, Watchtower Ruins, Mountain Halls, Prosperity Towers, Blooming Trader Guild, Maze of the Dark Matter, Dragon Abbey, Elvenar Trade Center, Sunset Towers and Simia.

edeba

The wiki for chapter 18 shows a speed going from 500 to 525, or a 5% increase, when it really should have been at least matched the tech tree increase, which was about 17%, or 585. This chapter has a few less tech, so the increase is just over 15%, and that speed increase you are showing is just over 25%.

I looked and I did not see any speed boosting AW that should show up, so my first thoughts are that the wiki is incorrect, that the speed number is 550 for level 40.

But looking to earlier chapters, there wasn't enough of an increase going to level 39. It gave an 11% increase for the chapter but the tech increase was more like 13%, so level 39 should be corrected to 510, and then 17% for chapter 18, means that it should be 600, not 550, or the 525 on the wiki, and then 15% for chapter 19 is 690, so it gets to about where it should be from the tech tree, but it should be more balanced getting there:

Level 39 - 510 speed
Level 40 - 600 speed
Level 41 - 690 speed.

But that also isn't giving anything for the increase from expansions.

1636556098813.png

edeba

@edeba I honestly do not know, never checked these numbers.
Well, I just did and the wiki appears to be wrong or without military speed boost it would be 525 instead of 550.

But I'm still making the case that the numbers should be corrected to make it more balanced. I guess if the level 40 is 550, and not 525 as the wiki says, then there was a 10% speed increase for the chapter that had a 17% tech increase hit. And then jumping by 25% simply means players have a long period of disadvantage. I finished in July, so over 4 months so far and how many more months before getting chapter 19 done?

CrazyWizard

Well, I just did and the wiki appears to be wrong or without military speed boost it would be 525 instead of 550.

But I'm still making the case that the numbers should be corrected to make it more balanced. I guess if the level 40 is 550, and not 525 as the wiki says, then there was a 10% speed increase for the chapter that had a 17% tech increase hit. And then jumping by 25% simply means players have a long period of disadvantage. I finished in July, so over 4 months so far and how many more months before getting chapter 19 done?
It was 5% on release of chapter 18, but it then was increased, still way to little but increased nonetheless.
but at that time the wiki was already finished, so it looks like it was not changed accordingly

Lovec Krys

Seems that PPs can be used to save space of the expiring settlement building:
1636571101667.png

The other one (Black Magic) is probably produced in portal, so some additional resources can be saved by PPs.

Unfortunately my beta city doesn't have milions of expired goods to rush to portal.

edeba

It was 5% on release of chapter 18, but it then was increased, still way to little but increased nonetheless.
but at that time the wiki was already finished, so it looks like it was not changed accordingly
Well, it looks to me that they adjusted in this chapter but it is shoddy, lazy, poor quality work doing it this way. This is a better reflection of what the numbers should look like:

Level 39 - 510 speed
Level 40 - 600 speed
Level 41 - 690 speed.