• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile Discussion

edeba

That is insane to lose function of the portal when you might still need to produce stuff from it.

Lovec Krys

Be aware! At level 4, the portal can't produce anything! You should complete all quests requiring productions of the portal before upgrading it to level 4.
Not a problem. I will stop doing quests long before, as usual:)
My beta city is already stuck on upgrading armories (still need seeds to upgrade my T8 and tons of sentient production, so no unnecessary upgrading - as typical, doing quests only harms me).

Jaxom

From what I am seeing reported here I will, for the first time, not be doing the quests either.
There is absolutely no way that I could put in 10 level 4 breeding facilities without major use of teleports and/or buying premium expansions.
I have used ElvenArchitect and I can see getting 6 but 10 is ridiculous.

So I will now shift gears and get all of the non-guest research done. Upgrade my Main Hall and Residences (only a few now are non-Magic).
Then I will see how this discussion is going. If things continue to be as negative as they are now I might just stop.

And my other big cities won't bother with Traders or Team Spirit.
And I will begin a serious search for a new game. I'll keep doing tournaments to help my fellowships but otherwise progress on tech will halt.
Sort of sad. I've been playing since the game launched. Just not any fun to go further.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I looked at someone else town and noticed he didn't have any towers any more.
So I used elven architect on my own H19 town for a life server and noticed it is doable with the same room as having 10 towers and 4 breading facilities at level 4.
It is just a question of using a good shoehorn and a big hammer to put them in the right place.

Keep in mind, level 4 portal = no more production in the portal so towers would be useless at that point I believe.

Last edited:

Jaxom

Thanks for the information.
Right now I feel that the mechanics of this chapter make absolutely no sense.
I am going to need to read back through this thread and see if I can figure things out.

I also need to find a list of the chapter quests. Just seeing a few so far reported here.

Last edited:

ekarat

not optimal
with just the same bats, you can have one less warpath and a 1 less hole
and to be honest, at this point I don't see why you would have towers at all

Very nice!

However, the rectangular layout I have fits in my city better. If I tried your layout, it would create more dead space outside the city.

One warpath and one hole are less important to me than those concerns.

Still, that is a very nice example of what can be done.

RCR2018

I think I got a great layout.

Attachments

• Cap19.png
    Cap19.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 555

Jaxom

I think you have wrong design with the towers. Those must be directly connected to the Portal.
Maybe this configuration is just to complete the quest. He will drop breeding facilities after completing it and put the towers in proper locations.

Heymrdiedier

I have seen other inquiries regarding Chapter 19 quests. Come on folks does anyone have them?
I dont know, why don't you make a list yourself?
the fact that noone else seems to have made a list yet, might have many causes, maybe its a lack of players in last chapter (the previous chapters are too long or too boring, or we stopped doing them because it hurts us to advance), maybe its a lack of interest in the quests (we just want to ignore them and skip them afterwards as they add nothing to gameplay), maybe its a lack of interest in this game as a whole, maybe its something totally different.
I don't know the answer, but I'm not planning on making a list anyway. And if there's no list in advance, why not let yourself be surprised for once and see what comes at you?

Alcaro

1) it's not great
2) it doesn't work (see @Lovec Krys above)
Come on! Don't be so brutal! :D
The layout it's great, only that it misses 3 tiles of Warpath. With those added, the settlement is perfectly functional. ... ooops .. and that Tower near the Elixir must disappear! :D

EDIT: my bad, my mistake!

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Alcaro No it doesn't. Not if he wants Towers to produce or even be built. In that case they must directly border the fortress. If you connect them through Magical Warpath, they won't build or produce.

Alcaro

@Alcaro No it doesn't. Not if he wants Towers to produce or even be built. In that case they must directly border the fortress. If you connect them through Magical Warpath, they won't build or produce.
Oh, really???? :oops: :oops: :oops:
By chance, my layout was/is correct. Thank god that was this discussion here. :)

Last edited: