• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile Discussion

Jaxom

Thanks for your agreement and for pointing out how different styles can be in this game.

Understand that I have plenty of time boosts, more now than when I started the chapter.
For me it is a matter of trying to keep this a fun game that is NOT competitive.
I don't want to feel pushed to get ranking points or do things as fast as possible.
I started with FoE and then joined Elvenar and I really liked the lack of PvP, plundering, and back-stabbing to get rewards from great buildings (wonders). (Of course we have the last item here now too but not nearly the way it is in FoE.)

What would I have gained by going faster in this Chapter? More time to add levels to wonders? Which makes tournament harder.

When I first saw how slow this chapter would be without time boosts I was a bit concerned that I might not finish before Chapter 20 arrived. I do like to keep up with the developers. But as I saw how truly little benefit there was to doing this chapter I told myself that dumping in time boosts wasn't going to make the game any more fun. It would just get me to adding on to wonders which is only slightly better than collecting from the breeders every 6 hours.

I keep hoping that they will produce a fun chapter for their long time players. But the hope is running out.

ekarat

Thanks for your agreement and for pointing out how different styles can be in this game.

Understand that I have plenty of time boosts, more now than when I started the chapter.
For me it is a matter of trying to keep this a fun game that is NOT competitive.
I don't want to feel pushed to get ranking points or do things as fast as possible.
I started with FoE and then joined Elvenar and I really liked the lack of PvP, plundering, and back-stabbing to get rewards from great buildings (wonders). (Of course we have the last item here now too but not nearly the way it is in FoE.)

What would I have gained by going faster in this Chapter? More time to add levels to wonders? Which makes tournament harder.

When I first saw how slow this chapter would be without time boosts I was a bit concerned that I might not finish before Chapter 20 arrived. I do like to keep up with the developers. But as I saw how truly little benefit there was to doing this chapter I told myself that dumping in time boosts wasn't going to make the game any more fun. It would just get me to adding on to wonders which is only slightly better than collecting from the breeders every 6 hours.

I keep hoping that they will produce a fun chapter for their long time players. But the hope is running out.
I hear you. I also prefer Elvenar to FoE -- the minimal PvP in FoE changes the attitudes of a lot of players, so Elvenar feels friendlier to me.

I also didn't use time boosts because I had nowhere else to be. In my case, I sold my portal before the upgrade to level 4 finished, so I'm doing it over again from scratch, but I don't have anything better to do.