• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Chapter 19 coming soon?

ekarat

I can promise you, it won't be copy paste from the last chapter. In fact every new chapter has had something new/unique compared to the previous chapters in the past, so I don't see why this would suddenly change.

Anyway I don't want to spoil anything, and I hope nobody else spoils anything either!
You just have to wait a little while longer until the chapter arrives.

I would like to rephrase the concern:
Chapter 17 encouraged 15-minute productions in the small ships. Players asked for this not to happen again. Then chapter 18 gave us a 2-hour queue.
No, it was not cut-and-paste, but it was largely the same issue all over again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Chapter 17 encouraged 15-minute productions in the small ships. Players asked for this not to happen again. Then chapter 18 gave us a 2-hour queue.

It may have been an option, but I almost never used the 15-minute productions in the small boats when I did chapter 17. And the portal had several different production times for it's goods. While chapter 18 only has the one production time in the portal and the one production time in the hubs. Plenty of choice in 17, but no choice in 18. So not really the same, as you could still do 17 in a reasonable amount of time without logging in a dozen times a day, while chapter 18 pretty much required that much logging in. So if 19 has more time options, it will be better.

edeba

I hated chapter 17 so much, if they did something that all of a sudden made progressing interesting again, I doubt I would move my beta city forward. Chapter 15 is stronger than 16, so chapter 15 is forever home.

Lovec Krys

It was worse. With 15 minutes production, the clicking was crazy, but with enough small ships, you could be done with the rest of the chapter in the matter of weeks and even using only 3 hour production, it was nowhere near long as ch18 badges.
Now with ch18, players who don't play 24/7 and are not wiling - or can't - spend tons of time instants are still unfinished despite they started this chapter immediately after it became available and many will not be able to finish it even before the ch19 hits.

CrazyWizard

It was worse. With 15 minutes production, the clicking was crazy, but with enough small ships, you could be done with the rest of the chapter in the matter of weeks and even using only 3 hour production, it was nowhere near long as ch18 badges.
Now with ch18, players who don't play 24/7 and are not wiling - or can't - spend tons of time instants are still unfinished despite they started this chapter immediately after it became available and many will not be able to finish it even before the ch19 hits.
Remembering the past, it\s not unlikely that they do not release this chapter untill enough players have finished chapter 18. it was the reason elemental chapter was delayed for a while for example because not enough players where ready to get the sentient market up and running.

It would not suprise me if this is the reason they have hidden chapter 19

palmira

I think the main problem with the chapters is the lack of incentives, the wonders in the last chapters are really not wonderful at all, you get brutally penalized in the tourney and spire for each and every research you do and to top your premium expansions get more and more harmful.

As an example, these are screenshots of the last round of province 53 in my live and beta cities. The difference between the cities is basically the number of premium expansions. I can't even imagine what will happen in my live city with the next chapter...

Screenshot at Nov 05 07-10-29.png
Screenshot at Nov 05 07-11-10.png

Ursus Major

is it possible that the moderators answer the question asked: should we activate the 2 wonders of the 18th chapter to access the next chapter please ???

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard Yes, this might be the reason. But it has also good consequences - more weeks (and tournaments) to get blueprints for magic buildings.

@palmira These days, i don't even think about going that far (did it in the past), i'm usualy done between 30 and 35.

@Ursus Major No one know for sure, so i doubt thy answer. You can either research them or risk it.
When i finished the chapter i teleported settlement and left portal untouched (if case they are mandatory).
When first info leaked from game files (before they hid the tech tree), i put settlement buildings out of inventory and researched both wonder tech.
If you do the same or wait until they put the chapter on beta is up to you.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
is it possible that the moderators answer the question asked: should we activate the 2 wonders of the 18th chapter to access the next chapter please ???
I wish I could give you the answer, but I can't. The chapter isn't final until it is released.
If I answer no its not needed, and on release day it suddenly turns out it will be needed, you guys will be mad.
If I answer yes its needed, and you start building your settlement again, and it turns out it will not be needed after all, you guys will also be mad.

So no we can't answer till its final, you just need to have some patience.

Be aware that we are not only moderators but also players, so we have the same valid concerns that you guys have. So as soon as we get a preview and its not like we expected it, we give our feedback as well, and that gets evaluated at the headquarters and possible changes happen or are scheduled to happen if our concerns are valid.
That's why nothing is final until the release notes are posted (If a critical change is inbound, but not really finished yet, it will be mentioned in the release notes as well)

So in conclusion, no we can't answer the question yet. we cant make statements/promises about the future. We can only clarify about the current state of the game.

Jaxom

So you are saying that things are not finalized.
Maybe you could pass on to the developers that if they DO require that both wonders be researched that there will likely be players quitting or stopping. The chapter quests did NOT require that both be researched, only one. So if they penalize players for following the quests there will be some VERY angry people. Forcing people to rebuild gate and hub AFTER they were told to sell them will be horrible.

Are the devs aware of this concern?

Recent chapters have made the wonders optional and that should continue. It is ridiculous to require people to research wonders if they have no intention of ever putting them up.

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your concerns. As @Kersepitje already said, we have discussed these with our game team and it has been decided that the requirement for Chapter 18 AW technologies will stay in place, but that we will remove the Settlement Resource requirements to unlock these for now, so researching them will not mean you'll have to completely build up your settlement again.

Jaxom

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your concerns. As @Kersepitje already said, we have discussed these with our game team and it has been decided that the requirement for Chapter 18 AW technologies will stay in place, but that we will remove the Settlement Resource requirements to unlock these for now, so researching them will not mean you'll have to completely build up your settlement again.
Thank you so much for the response.
I researches Temple of Spirits but not Shrine of Champions. So when Chapter 19 comes out I will be able to complete the Shrine with 200 KP and 250K Obsidian, no badges needed.

But I will NOT see this change until Chapter 19 comes out,
Right?

I just hope that the developers will keep the following in mind for future chapters. The chapter quests should NOT tell you to sell the portal untill all mandatory research is completed.

Again thank you.

Ursus Major

Thanks Marindor for the respons
We. are quiet a lot of people in the same situation than Jaxon on the lives, so I have the same question than Jaxom from 3 fellowships

I researches Temple of Spirits but not Shrine of Champions. So when Chapter 19 comes out I will be able to complete the Shrine with 200 KP and 250K Obsidian, no badges needed.

But I will NOT see this change until Chapter 19 comes out,
Right?

thank you for taking the time to respond

Brummbaer

Marindor said:
Hi everyone,

THE DECISION ISN'T FAIR !:mad:
Those players like me, who invested time, resources and booster to create the required badges to fullfill the requirements to research the 2nd wonder are "kicked in the a..", because the others got this now for "free".

sventovit

Yes it took me a week to make the badges. I have all the old wonders. The levels of the ancient wonders are useful for unlocking bonuses (beans from the market).
You can also spend diamonds to unlock the technology, which will allow you to participate financially in the work carried out by Innogames to build the beautiful new chapter.

Last edited:

Marindor

Thanks Marindor for the respons
We. are quiet a lot of people in the same situation than Jaxon on the lives, so I have the same question than Jaxom from 3 fellowships

thank you for taking the time to respond

I don't know when exactly the change will be implemented in the game. May be with the release of the next chapter, maybe somewhat before already.

ekarat

Marindor said:
Hi everyone,

THE DECISION ISN'T FAIR !:mad:
Those players like me, who invested time, resources and booster to create the required badges to fullfill the requirements to research the 2nd wonder are "kicked in the a..", because the others got this now for "free".

I see this as similar to when something goes on sale (or becomes free) after you buy it.

Arthus

Please inform the team inside headquarters if you could, that there's a cult of "not doing chapters 17 and 18" in the game atm because they are not giving any progress to the gameplay according to the tournament/spire players. And there's a belief of "not researching/building ancient wonders since they are useless" since like 3 chapters. Apparently newer chapters from 2020 and 2021 don't bring as much interesting things for existing mechanics like tournament and spire. Each chapters instead of making them easier, makes them harder with new goods and tougher opponents.

This approach is what caused players to believe that chapter 18 wonders won't be needed to progress to chapter 19.
Instead of building ancient wonders from chapters 16/17/18 these players put additional armories and they own each and every tournament much ahead of chapter 18 players who believed that progress will get them ahead. Dragon Ark is especially disliked among these players that sit in lower chapters. We get gargantuan wonders that take up much space and don't give anything special.