• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Chapter 19 coming soon?

Enevhar Aldarion

Chapter 18 was added just over 6 months ago and Inno has tried to stick to a schedule of a new chapter every 6 months. That technically makes them a few days late already in adding it, but with us testing the Perks right now, I am guessing they do not want to deal with bugs from that and chapter 19 and the Halloween event at the same time. Also, I know there are some spoilers for the chapter floating around, but I am not mentioning any of them here, so this does not get locked or merged.

@The Evenstar do you have any info that you can share with us, even if it is just something as basic as the new chapter will not be added until we are done testing the Perks. Or should we still expect it to be added this month?

Skillpowers

Chapter 18 was added just over 6 months ago and Inno has tried to stick to a schedule of a new chapter every 6 months. That technically makes them a few days late already in adding it, but with us testing the Perks right now, I am guessing they do not want to deal with bugs from that and chapter 19 and the Halloween event at the same time. Also, I know there are some spoilers for the chapter floating around, but I am not mentioning any of them here, so this does not get locked or merged.

@The Evenstar do you have any info that you can share with us, even if it is just something as basic as the new chapter will not be added until we are done testing the Perks. Or should we still expect it to be added this month?
they are still working on it , probally after the perks are done it might get released on beta

Maillie

Chapter 16 was released on October 12, 2020, so I assumed it would be anytime now. There are a lot of people that are not close to being finished with 18. I'm only finished in my main city, the beta city is still in the last 2 rows of tech. No one else in any of my 3 cities is remotely close. Following suggestions by other forum goers I added a 4th of each hub in the live city, which was large enough to do so, and was able to escape.

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion Depends, ch18 is designed to be long, if player cannot be 24/7 online, then very long.
The main break in this chapter? Portal production cap on 2 hours.
Anyone who won't pickup the portal production (provided, he can feed it by large enough settlement) every 2 hours is far from finished with the chapter.
Hell, even my beta city is still researching the stupid wonders (since they made them mandatory) and is not finished yet. I don't bother to log every two hours to beta, so with 3h production cycle, i have always at least 1h delay on portal production on beta.

Enevhar Aldarion

Having a full-sized settlement will get you more 4-hour Hub productions than you can use up with the 2 hours of portal production, so in Live I just let all that stuff build up and then used about 20 hours of 2-hour boosters to make a bunch of the badges at one time. That is more why I finished everything in chapter 18 on Live a couple of weeks ago, rather than going into the game every 2 hours.

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion Not everyone wants to use (possibly all*) 1 & 2 hours instants.
Everyone who won't use a single time instant** and don't pick up the production every 2 hours is far from finished.

* not everyone is as active as us, not everyone does all 3 floors of Spire every week (many go only for the first floor, or even less), there is a lot of players with not so many time instants in stock.

** (for whatever reason), the speed of going through the chapter shouldn't be dependant on amount of time instants consumed or ability to be online 24/7. And i'm not talking about speeding the go through chapter in a single week, but finishing it before next chapter comes out.
The 2h cap on Portal is simply wrong.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh, I used up all my 1 and 2-hour boosters several times during chapter 18. But I crafted them every time they showed up and got lucky with them in the Spire. And I did not care if I burned 5-hour boosters to complete those 4-hour productions. The bigger pain for me was the 8-hour elemental productions, as I rarely got any 8-hour boosters, and I did not want to use the 1 and 2 with a 5 to complete them.

And yeah, the Spire gives out lots of 5-hour boosters, which is why I got through chapter 17 in just about 4 months also. I used over 500 of them to complete chapter 17. That included the 400+ I had stockpiled and all the ones I won while in that chapter.

And to be honest, if I had not been stuck at home the past year+ because of the pandemic, I would have probably needed a couple months more for each of those chapters to finish them.

Lovec Krys

In ch17, you didn't needed to use a single time instant to finish the chapter fast. All you needed to do was to teleport large enough part of your city and build small ship fleet large enough (i had 70+ small ships).
Even without teleporting half of your city it was still possible to do it faster than ch18.

@Aguire As far as i read players who dig the game files:
They were mandatory when they appeared in the game files. Since then, the tech tree of new chapter has been hidden, so we cannot see if they are still mandatory or not before the chapter hits beta (no more tech tree spoilers from game files).

Alcaro

I am stuck for over 2 months now at the column asking 25 badges and I can't find the strength to dismantle the city and build the settlement. I guess I got burnt out in live server. Was a pain to log in every 2h. Even though I finished ch.18 about a month and half ago I am not keen for a new chapter. Each new chapter is more tedious and malicious than the previous one.

Jaxom

I am just as happy to have longer to stock up on mana, seeds and orcs. Might put up the Unurium wonder and level it a few times and see if it helps.

My second city is ready to start on 18 but I am holding off to see if 19 offers anything of interest or value. I am building up a Vortex to see if it proves to be helpful.
My third city hasn't begun 17 yet since it gave very little other than frustration. Not interested in going through that teleport mess again.

Maillie

Even though I finished ch.18 about a month and half ago I am not keen for a new chapter. Each new chapter is more tedious and malicious than the previous one.
I'm actually not sure I even want to start another chapter. The last three rows of 18 were the antithesis of fun. More like horrible. And I'm still stuck there in my Beta city. Not a chance I would start another chapter before the holidays are over. Maybe January. Now I'm wondering who to punish by putting all my kp into their AW's.

Dimma

Jeez ,, I've been stuck on ch 16 in my main world for ages,, man that's a slow chapter,, will it get better?

Lovec Krys

@Dimma If you are wiling to teleport half of your city and crazy clicking on 70 small ships, once you research them, you can finish the rest of the chapter in about 3 weeks, if you click on the shortest time production in your small ships(15min).
Otherwise it will take longer than that.

Ch18 is worse:
Provided you have settlement big enough, you're limited by Portal production of badges. With leveling, it doesn't produce more badges, but produces them faster, so at lv4. you have to be online every 2 hours (or use thousands of 1 & 2h instants).
If you are logging only twice or three times per day and you don't want or cannot use thousands of 1&2h instants, you're screwed, bacause you can create only 5 badges for 2h production on a single logging.

With 3 logs/day and no time instants used, it's only 15 badges / day and once you start researching for badges, the columns go like this:
4*25,4*60,4*100,5*150,4*210,4*280,3*300, so with 15 badges/day, player will probably quit of boredom before finishing the chapter.

Even with 24/7 playing (6h gaps for sleeping), player can produce around 45 badges / day (without using time instants) and a single 300 research takes a whole week to research.
For a player with 15 badges/day it would take whopping 2 months for each research in the last column!

ps: The whole research for a player logging 3 times per day, therefore producing only 15 badges/day, takes a whole 9 and 2/3 months!!
And they can still have additional delays from having settlement not big enough, therefore producing even less than 15 badges/day.
Like i wrote above, the 2h cap on portal badges production is simply wrong, wrong and wrong again.

Last edited: