• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 17 - The Traders of Unur

Enevhar Aldarion

So has anyone else looked ahead at the culture buildings added with this chapter and seen the Monkey Palace? It is a premium 3x5 pop/culture hybrid costing 3600 diamonds and giving 16,300 pop and 17,700 culture. Now that is a worthwhile way to spend diamonds that have no other use.

Enevhar Aldarion

Such buildings was always good, but they can't be upgraded => would be wasted few chapters later.

I would never have wasted diamonds on any of the premium buildings, until they started to get good in chapter 14. But with everyone complaining about not buying premium expansions any more because of the tournament, they need something to spend on instead.

Lovec Krys

Not everyone. I do care more about points than about my tournament performance. So buying premium expansions is still an option for me (it just takes a lot of time now due to thier price)

CrazyWizard

So has anyone else looked ahead at the culture buildings added with this chapter and seen the Monkey Palace? It is a premium 3x5 pop/culture hybrid costing 3600 diamonds and giving 16,300 pop and 17,700 culture. Now that is a worthwhile way to spend diamonds that have no other use.

It's a great building if you need the culture.
From a pop perspective I prefer the magic residence.

I looked it up in my city (boosted by sping of youth) and it delivers 19.000 pop (15900 without boost) and creates coins for use in the spire/tournaments.
so if you are short on culture it would be an amazing option, but for me only in that case.

Jaxom

I just reached storyline quest to have 3 each of the large ships. And I have seen that there is one for 3 small.
Do you have to keep the 3 large at the same time as you get the 3 small?

Is anyone able to post a list of the quests?

Karvest

PaNonymeB

With these productions all <3h in small ships I'm worried about what might happen in chapter 18. Remember what they did to once-a-day players with factories in chapters 12-14.
(And didn't we get the first building with three production options in chapter 16 ?)

Lovec Krys

Seems that this chapter's quests will end for me the same way as previous chapters.

By having the choice between
Spend absurdly long time in the chapter
and
Build absurdly big fleet,

I now have hardly any space left in the city and have hardly population for upgrading Main Hall (many others have gone even further and have negative population - I have seen cities with over -200K pop).
Therefore I will not be able to finish the quests, since I will do all upgrades after finishing the research (after I get rid of the fleet).
And since there is a quest(s) asking upgrading buildings followed by a quest(s) asking producing guest race goods, I'll not do that quests, since by that time, the fleet is already gone (and I won't need it's products).

Karvest

You can't put more than 3 of each large ship. Small ships are x3 times more efficient than large ships (they produce x3 more than consume, while large ones are profitable only due to portal bonus, and that is not affected by production time).

Jaxom

I stand corrected. I was comparing the wrong small and large ships. I have deleted the inaccurate post.

Calien

sorry guys, do you know if after building the three large ships it is possible to get rid of one of them before building the three small ships? thank you

Lovec Krys

@Calien You need only Main ships for both Large and Small ships.
I have deleted all 9 of my Large ships in my main city and I'm running only on the smalls (and the mains of course).

Jaxom

Yes, Only the one quest requires 3 of each large. After that you do not appear to be required to have any large. I am shifting to all small as quickly as I can.

Looks like the big slowdown is about to hit. The set of research that follow the small ships is brutal. I will probably have all the KPs done on all of them before I can produce the guest goods to upgrade the trade center.
I don't see any way to speed up Unurium production. Time boosts and diamonds don't help.
Just keep pushing along and hope I get done before the next chapter comes out.

Not sure how anyone could have finished the chapter quickly. Am I missing something?

Lovec Krys

@Jaxom After research of small ships, the need for unurium is not so heavy, so you can teleport parts of your city and place a big fleet.
The question now is:
How much you are wiling to teleport.
How often you can/are wiling to click (big difference between 3h clicking and crazy 15min clicking).

Jaxom

Thanks for your response.
I am faced with the short term need for 317k of unurium to research the Trade Center 4 and Main Hall upgrade and upgrade the Trade Center. But you are right, after that the need for research does drop off. I hadn't looked at it that closely.

To teleport or not to teleport? I already have 10 higher level residences, 2 high level workshops, and 2 factories shifted to Inventory. Yes I could put some more stuff in there to put in more small ships. Will have to think about that.

This is not a game that I am willing to play in 15 minute intervals. I have been trying the 1h and typically only get 2 done before my 3h productions get done. I figure I have 4 months to get his chapter done. Can't imagine Ch 18 arriving sooner than April.

I must admit that this chapter is a LOT more interesting than recent ones. Doesn't seem to be nearly the grind that some have been. That said, I can't think of a single valuable thing that I am getting as a result of this chapter. Bigger buildings, yes. But do these bigger versions really add anything to my city?

Enevhar Aldarion

To teleport or not to teleport? I already have 10 higher level residences, 2 high level workshops, and 2 factories shifted to Inventory. Yes I could put some more stuff in there to put in more small ships. Will have to think about that.

The problem with this is the more you teleport, the lower your Unurium production goes, because it is based on your pop and culture that is in use, not sitting idle.