• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 17 - The Traders of Unur

Jackluyt

Happy Monday - and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who lives in Canada!
Wishing you a blessed day in company of family and good friends - and please keep safe, away from crowds!
:)

Here are some screenshots of the new Chapter XVII Guest Race
https://tinyurl.com/y5yznk7u
You are welcome to share this with friends do do not play in Beta

121336104_10217819874269175_4144867093813091959_n.jpg

Jaxom

After a quick look at the upgrades and research I really dread doing the residence and workshop upgrades. The research appears very late in the chapter after space is normally full. So at that point I have to figure out how to rotate all my residences and workshops. Either rotate them or have a non optimal alignment on roads.

Still need to learn how useful Portal Profit spells will be. I have so many left over after Ch 16 that I actually get upset when I win one on the Spire.

Lovec Krys

I have so many left over after Ch 16 that I actually get upset when I win one on the Spire.
Yeah, I absolutely hate when my main city gets PP while my city on second server gets an Dwarven Armorer.
Settlement resources / PP bonus:
1602520757784.png
1602520797126.png

So only Elvenarin Zero from PPs. As far as I remember from minmax info, that will save resources needed for Elvenarin Zero, but we will be stuck with full Settlement the whole chapter.

@Indianaking Yes, it does decay, 10%. I expect to get wonder for lowering the decay somewhere in chapters 18 to 20. So far there is no lowering during chapter 17.

Jaxom

how about this as a strategy - upgrade the trader and then spend 1 or 2 months collecting unurium before going any further. then you can switch to seeds again and hopefully they have done any rebalancing / mods before you get there.

I will certainly not be in any hurry since I don't really see any benefits to be gained by any of the research or upgrades. Could be wrong. I'll be interested to see what the people who dive right in find.

edeba

R.I.P. Set buildings?
I get almost all of my goods using them so my working pop is super low :(
Either they didn't think that one through, or this is an additional method to devalue them, in addition to their increase in value not matching previous chapter.

iDavis

I always stick to my rule "pop+cult hybrids are fine, but only as long as they don´t replace your residentials", what turned to be the great one after introducing thermal springs. Following unurium dependencies it´s probably time to extend it by the same just with "goods and manufactories"..

Pauly7

R.I.P. Set buildings?
I get almost all of my goods using them so my working pop is super low :(
I think they had been trying to figure out a way to get the old Carnival, etc, set buildings out of people's cities without having to publicly nerf them. This system with working population is probably purely for this intention.

Jaxom

@Jaxom That will not work - 10% decay is there.
So you are saying that because of decay you can never build up a large supply of unurium? So how can you ever get a large amount of it as needed in many researches? Is there another way to produce it?

My suggestion was to stock pile a lot of it at the start, then switch to seeds from the trader if you need them. Of course you will need to get more unurium later on. My idea was pile up a bunch before you start using it on the later research

Lovec Krys

@Jaxom I'm just saying that the decay will wipe all your unurium stock over time. So you can't switch away from unurium for too long, otherwise your unurium stock will decay into nothing.
If you are able to switch between those two depends on your production (and consumption).
Too many variables to answer that clear, it will probably vary from player to player. Some will be able to produce both with trader only, some will need help from seed hybrids, and some will have to produce unurium only while fully depend on hybrids' seed production to maintain T4-6 production.

SoggyShorts

I think they had been trying to figure out a way to get the old Carnival, etc, set buildings out of people's cities without having to publicly nerf them. This system with working population is probably purely for this intention.
Hopefully, it's still viable to have a city with set buildings, otherwise, I'm gone again- this time likely for good.
A city with row upon row of inefficient factories and workshops identical to every other city is not something I'm interested in.