• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 17 - The Traders of Unur

iDavis

I teleported more than half of my residences (just looked at it and only 13 of 45 remained in the city), am around 277k of population below zero (feels a bit claustrophobic) but I still consider this to be a good move, unurium production decreased but having so much space for small ships makes it much faster anyway.
The only disadvantage in this scenario is that I will have to skip the technologies that require (or which prerequisite technologies require) having upgraded main hall (but it´s not a big problem, since these settlement resources are not limited, so I can prepare them before, then sell the settlement and finish that part of the research afterwards)..

Jaxom

Going negative on population while I produce the goods is an interesting idea.
I need to see exactly how many teleports I have and then consider it. Maybe after I get the Main Hall upgraded.

But odds are I will just limp along to the finish line since there is no rush to get there. Not like there used to be when there was a new, good Ancient Wonder waiting to be researched.

palmira

I am almost done with the race both here on beta and live, just the last main hall upgrade and one AW to finish, on beta I already have all pearls, I will start the tourney in a few hours and finish the race. Live I guess I will finish tomorrow, I still need 20k pearls. I am doing all race quests and my strategy was the same: in the beginning I loaded my city with all factories and stuff I have on the inventory that could fit to boost unurium production. After I unlocked the small boats and unurium was not needed so badly I went deep negative in pop and loaded my city first with pearl boats, that went back to inventory and it was time for gourmet ships and collector ships.

I did the upgrades after researching the armories and after I bagged most of my pearl boats. The timing is perfect for the quests but this strategy only works if you have a load of TT spells ( I had well over 100 in both servers).

Jaxom

I am now running with 6 of each small ship. I should switch to more pirate because I need those items most.
I can see how using TT spells to move the small ships in and out would work. Sadly I lack the high number that you were able to utilize.
But if I keep making some unurium I can build more small. can't make unurium all the time because i do need seeds.

There appear to be storyline quests that require selling certain small ships. At least that is how the translation of the Italian list reads.
Do you really need to 'sell' them or can you teleport? Does bringing back from inventory complete the second part of those quests?

Thanks for the suggestions and help. Nice to see some positive exchange of ideas.

palmira

I am now running with 6 of each small ship. I should switch to more pirate because I need those items most.
I can see how using TT spells to move the small ships in and out would work. Sadly I lack the high number that you were able to utilize.
But if I keep making some unurium I can build more small. can't make unurium all the time because i do need seeds.

There appear to be storyline quests that require selling certain small ships. At least that is how the translation of the Italian list reads.
Do you really need to 'sell' them or can you teleport? Does bringing back from inventory complete the second part of those quests?

Thanks for the suggestions and help. Nice to see some positive exchange of ideas.
For seeds, in the beginning I had all my seeds producing stuff out so I wouldn't need to produce seeds. But after a point you don't need much unurium so there is no need for those.

You need to sell the boats, bagging doesn't work but at that point you shouldn't need those boats. You need to calculate well the timings so you won't overproduce something.

Lovec Krys

2 points about chapter:

Elvenarin0 production:
Should be risen to a point player can produce enough to feed the Flag ships and save for research without using portal profits or boosters, otherwise you're just creating large dead zone of Flag ships producing nothing for players with low stock/income of portal profits & boosters.

Quests: Ehm, who did develope a quest asking to exchange one type of small ships for another? (sell x small ships and build y small ships of another type)
This type of quest is absolute nonsence - just a useless resource drainer. No one goes through chapter like this quest asks.
This feels like developers are not even trying the walkthrough of whole chapter with doing the quests themselves, or deliberately sabotaging cities of poor players who tries to do the quests.

edeba

We really need to have all buildings that are the same have the little tick box like the workshops where you can set all productions of the same type at once.

This is a really awful guest race because of the amount of clicking from the small ships. I know players that have 20 of each, so that's 60 ships to reset. That puts this guest race into the awful click, click, click category that permanently turned some people off the FA for the busy work in the game. This is a very disliked guest race in my FS because of this stupid endless and completely unnecessary clicking.

Building types that should all have the one click to set all feature include:
  • Armories
  • Manufacturers
  • Guest race buildings
  • Workshops (done, ty)
This is a very important thing to do for the game interface.

Lovec Krys

@edeba In my city i have 25,25,21 (had more, but already deleted few) and looking forward to delete them all.
Agree with the mass production. Even if it was only for same type, same level, it would help a lot.

Deleted User - 81190

Elvenarin0 production:
Should be risen to a point player can produce enough to feed the Flag ships and save for research without using portal profits or boosters, otherwise you're just creating large dead zone of Flag ships producing nothing for players with low stock/income of portal profits & boosters.
You can, after you unlock E0 production from T6. Production from T6 is sustainable.

edeba

Elvenarin0 production:

Really, in the big picture of this chapter portal profits have truly lost their power. I have 40 expansions being used for the guest race, it is endless clicking. I did use portal profits early, but they only help with elvenarin0 and everything else about the guest race is as it was before portal profits, huge land commitment, slow, and this chapter in particular, endless, mindless clicking.

edeba

And, even the Blooming Trader Guild was trashed for this chapter. It used to be that say the Bee was giving you an extra 20%, it was 20% of whatever you were getting with the portal. Now it is 20% of portal level 1 regardless of whether you've leveled it.

So, portal level 1, 100% and with 20% from the Bee you'd have 120%.

Portal level 2 gives 120% of portal 1, and 20% of the portal would bring it to 144% of portal level 1, but because the bee is being calculated from the portal level 1, not the level 2 that you have, you get 140%, effectively a 4% nerf.

Portal level 3 gives 140% of of portal 1, and with bee at 20% of portal level 1 you are getting 160% of portal level 1, but the way the bee works for other chapters is you'd get 20% of 140%, for 168%.

Portal level 4 gives 160% of portal level 1 and with bee not be calculated on portal level 4, but on level 1 instead, you'd have 180%. But the way the bee used to work you'd get 20% of 160% for 192% of portal level, so a 12% nerf.

Deleted User - 81190

And, even the Blooming Trader Guild was trashed for this chapter. It used to be that say the Bee was giving you an extra 20%, it was 20% of whatever you were getting with the portal. Now it is 20% of portal level 1 regardless of whether you've leveled it.
No, it always worked that way. My BTG only gives me 12%, and since the beginning of time my total max production boost was 172% (160%+12%).

edeba

I teleported more than half of my residences (just looked at it and only 13 of 45 remained in the city), am around 277k of population below zero (feels a bit claustrophobic) but I still consider this to be a good move, unurium production decreased but having so much space for small ships makes it much faster anyway.
The only disadvantage in this scenario is that I will have to skip the technologies that require (or which prerequisite technologies require) having upgraded main hall (but it´s not a big problem, since these settlement resources are not limited, so I can prepare them before, then sell the settlement and finish that part of the research afterwards)..
I wanted the main hall updated, so I planned it to upgrade it immediately. I put 3 small ships into storage, pulled out residences, got the main hall upgrading and then put away the rest of the stuff to build a bigger guest race, a massive guest race, about 16 of each, so smaller than others, but still a lot of space for something that requires massive clicking and just inches along. This guest race is impotent.

PaNonymeB

Actally, BTG is even better in this chapter, as it doesn't increase the cost. So the bonus is applied to more than the actual base production. Like a reverse effect of the usual Mountain Halls that makes 8x less goods than claimed.

Lovec Krys

You can, after you unlock E0 production from T6. Production from T6 is sustainable.
Well, not sure about the exact numbers (didn't count them), but my beta city needs to use PPs to replenish E0.
So either the production is lower than 9-9-6 cycle of Flag ships consume, or is barely equal an I'm failing to keep 24/7 E0 production.
Either way, the production of E0 should be enough to feed even 6-6-6-6 cycle of Flag ships + save E0 for research without using PPs and/or time boosters. And that it certeainly is not (and that is realy irritating for players with low stock and income of PPs & time boosters, when they have no choice but to stop production in flag ships if they want to get enough E0 for research).

Enevhar Aldarion

Well, not sure about the exact numbers (didn't count them), but my beta city needs to use PPs to replenish E0.
So either the production is lower than 9-9-6 cycle of Flag ships consume, or is barely equal an I'm failing to keep 24/7 E0 production.
Either way, the production of E0 should be enough to feed even 6-6-6-6 cycle of Flag ships + save E0 for research without using PPs and/or time boosters. And that it certeainly is not (and that is realy irritating for players with low stock and income of PPs & time boosters, when they have no choice but to stop production in flag ships if they want to get enough E0 for research).

Maybe it is enough when the trading center is level 4, but at level 3 it runs at a deficit, as you say. The E0 production for me is about 15k in 6 hours, but the 3 flagships need about 18k to run a 6-hour production in each. And that is with the production boost from AWs.

Lovec Krys

They are deficient as well.
Portal lv 4 production: E0 - 60000/day (if you manage to run it 24/7)
Ships consumption: 1*6h + 2*9h = 3x6100 + 2*3*7800 = 65100.
So you're always deficient at least 5100 E0/day.

My main city is ok, since I have lots of PPs there.
My beta city suffers, since I'm low on PPs & time boosters there.

Deleted User - 81190

They are deficient as well.
Portal lv 4 production: E0 - 60000/day (if you manage to run it 24/7)
Ships consumption: 1*6h + 2*9h = 3x6100 + 2*3*7800 = 65100.
So you're always deficient at least 5100 E0/day.
I have BTG L6, so I am getting 67,200 E0 per day, and this is pretty much guaranteed due to queued production. You won't be spending 65,100 in flagships per day, unless you have up to the second timer you never miss (flagships are timed, not queued). I have pretty consistent surplus of several thousands of E0 per day, while running flagships as often as I can reset them (probably closer to 6+6+9).

Lovec Krys

@MinMax Gamer Few minutes of lost time per day(when the regular time might hit bad time, you can just adjust by temporary switchin to a different schedule (for example do 1 6h/12h over night instead of 9h) doesn't change the fact, that without Bee wonder the E0 production is not enough to even feed the Flag ships alone.
Like i stated above, this changes nothing for my main city with large PPs stock, but for my beta city, it's a continuous preasure for it's limited stock of PPs & time boosters since E0 production can't sustain even the Flag ships only, and there are researches requiring E0 as well. And there are cities with even lower or none stock of PPs & time boosters.
For these reasons, E0 production should be risen. BTG6+ / PPs / Time boosters shouldn't be mandatory to keep the Flag ships in production.

Enevhar Aldarion

I have BTG L6, so I am getting 67,200 E0 per day, and this is pretty much guaranteed due to queued production. You won't be spending 65,100 in flagships per day, unless you have up to the second timer you never miss (flagships are timed, not queued). I have pretty consistent surplus of several thousands of E0 per day, while running flagships as often as I can reset them (probably closer to 6+6+9).

And in my Live city, my BTG is level 11 and in my level 3 Center I still don't make enough E0 to stay ahead without using PPs. A 2-hour production makes 4960 E0, so in 6 hours that is 14,880. A 6-hour production in a flagship uses 6100 E0, so a total of 18,300 to run all three. That is a deficit of 3420 E0 every 6 hours.