• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 17 - The Traders of Unur

Dony

King of Bugs
Thx. to @Pauly7 for getting @Dony ´s paranoid fake news, about not being able to store buildings i Cap. 17, debunked fast.
can you explain to me what was a fake news? or you are just being rude? you can teleport whatever you want but in chapter 17 its for your disadvantage if you teleport buildings with high pop/cul demands and you want to place all your high pop/cul buildings from inventory to your city

CrazyWizard

can you explain to me what was a fake news? or you are just being rude? you can teleport whatever you want but in chapter 17 its for your disadvantage if you teleport buildings with high pop/cul demands and you want to place all your high pop/cul buildings from inventory to your city
you cant teleport any building anymore in ch17

RIP average players who struggled with seeds up until now, you are done with this chapter before they rebalance it
on top of that servers with market problems, which wasnt addressed yet, are screwed even more

FieryArien

And what about context?
As far as I am concerned guest race settlements have become a hateful experience to build and manage. The requirement for space tends to become greater and greater so many people teleport a lot of other buildings away to make space.
You can't teleport anything?
because you need every single pop and culture in order to progress in this chapter, else you cant even research second tech
The new chapter introduces (kind of) new mechanics and Dony got it pretty early. He gave extremely brief information, but when asked about it, he immediately explained what he meant. I call that “a conversation“.

galrond

Yes I found out by reading the next posts. But you wrote:

RIP average players who struggled with seeds up until now, you are done with this chapter before they rebalance it
on top of that servers with market problems, which wasnt addressed yet, are screwed even more
You can't teleport anything?
And then you explained whan you wanted to say.
If Pauly7 hadn´t asked to clarify, it would just have been: You can´t teleport buildings in ch17.
Then ppl would have to guess if it´s a bug or some stupid new feature from INNO.
Either way it had to be fixed.
If managing the city becomes more difficuld with the new demands, that is an entirely different thing.
In the future don´t write, that a game mechanic (constructing/ upgrading/ moving/ harvesting) don´t work, when it´s game balancing you don´t like.
That will in my book always be fake news, and derails the discussion :mad:

DeletedUser332

Yes I found out by reading the next posts. But you wrote:

And then you explained whan you wanted to say.
If Pauly7 hadn´t asked to clarify, it would just have been: You can´t teleport buildings in ch17.
Then ppl would have to guess if it´s a bug or some stupid new feature from INNO.
Either way it had to be fixed.
If managing the city becomes more difficuld with the new demands, that is an entirely different thing.
In the future don´t write, that a game mechanic (constructing/ upgrading/ moving/ harvesting) don´t work, when it´s game balancing you don´t like.
That will in my book always be fake news, and derails the discussion :mad:

While the clarification was important, the original message is still accurate in a lot of ways. You may still be able to teleport any building that isn't evolving, expiring, an AW, or has a limit on how many can be built, in terms of gameplay you're now also encouraged to not remove buildings that require population and culture because that will directly impact your settlement productions. Taking these new 'soft' restrictions into account, you can essentially only teleport culture and set buildings as they're the only ones that won't have a direct impact on your settlement productions.

CrazyWizard

While the clarification was important, the original message is still accurate in a lot of ways. You may still be able to teleport any building that isn't evolving, expiring, an AW, or has a limit on how many can be built, in terms of gameplay you're now also encouraged to not remove buildings that require population and culture because that will directly impact your settlement productions. Taking these new 'soft' restrictions into account, you can essentially only teleport culture and set buildings as they're the only ones that won't have a direct impact on your settlement productions.
Only if you are in a minimalistic state, I think the choose option is more a intensification of a seed issue, then it would impact that new recource.
I checked the numbers in my live city and I would get near double the new thing than seeds. and my seed production is already huge.

I think this new recource for now is more of a wash.

maxiqbert

Only if you are in a minimalistic state, I think the choose option is more a intensification of a seed issue, then it would impact that new recource.
I checked the numbers in my live city and I would get near double the new thing than seeds. and my seed production is already huge.

I think this new recource for now is more of a wash.
it's not rare, if you're making 100% unurium
but you also need seeds, so the balance isn't that obvious.
I had to wait for unurium to build the trade center, for instance. Not long, but still.

Dl. Goe

Hi guys,

I’m not sure if I got this right, but at the first glance it looks for me that one could try to complete the chapter with the portal and flagships alone, skipping all small/large ships. Am I missing anything?

Last edited:

Deleted User - 81190

I’m not sure if I got this right, but at the first glance it looks for me that one could try to complete the chapter with the portal and flagships alone, skipping all small/large ships. Am I missing anything?
Nothing, if you want to spend about a year to complete this chapter.

jaris

Ahoj. Muže někdo zveřejnit jak nejlépe poskládat lodě k portálu. ty plánky před tím jsou špatně čitelné i po zvětšení.Děkuji

Deleted User - 86059

Please remember English only in the Beta forum

Original post =
Ahoj. Muže někdo zveřejnit jak nejlépe poskládat lodě k portálu. ty plánky před tím jsou špatně čitelné i po zvětšení.Děkuji

Translation =

Hello. Can anyone post how best to stack ships to the portal. the plans before that are illegible even after enlargement. Thank you

Lovec Krys

It all depends how much free space player has (or can make without lowering unurium production too much).
The layout will differ for someone with space barely to fit Portal + Flag ships and for someone who can fit a lot of additional Large and Small ships there.

Dl. Goe

Nothing, if you want to spend about a year to complete this chapter

I didn’t expect it to take that long…do we have a list of resources needed?

Then, maybe one could work for each of the resources at a time, at least they are not decaying.

DeletedUser2561

Small ships are unlimited, so they should be teleportable. But portal, big and middle ships are limited. so probable unportable.

EDIT: If you are active and can produce in 3h cycles or faster, small ships should be on par or even better than the middle ones.

LOKINHO

This is an option
https://prnt.sc/v1mtlx

Could someone tell me what a portal fungible gives in chapter 17? what exactly does it produce? unurium (yellow circle) or does it produce substance x (I don't know its name but it comes out with a purple sphere) or does it produce the other 3 artifacts, pearl, shrimp or keys? or does it produce everything?

alainemk

This is an option
https://prnt.sc/v1mtlx

Could someone tell me what a portal fungible gives in chapter 17? what exactly does it produce? unurium (yellow circle) or does it produce substance x (I don't know its name but it comes out with a purple sphere) or does it produce the other 3 artifacts, pearl, shrimp or keys? or does it produce everything?
Yikes! not going to be able to get anywhere near that set up in my live city (without purchasing expansions, which I will not do)

Deleted User - 81190

Portal Profits only produce capped resources, so that would be ElvenarinZero in C17.

Lovec Krys

And that means that at least in my case my Portal produces nothing (And will do for the whole chapter). All Elvenarin0 will be produced by PPs in my case (to save more precious resources).