• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Chapter 16

CrazyWizard

@Arthus Well, I have checked Minmax's preview, and once you have every building upgrade finished, you're fine with seeds, but before you are, building upgrades consumes enormous amount of seeds. It seems that once this chapter goes live, I'm done with upgrading my Simia & Spring for the chapter (I have many older wonders which I can upgrade during that chapter). And upgrading my 9 armories will take forever. And yes, I do have Sunset Towers, Trade Center and 7 Festival merchant. But upgrading recent wonders takes enormous amount of seeds (and Spire's ghosts from 3rd floor are always hungry). And Expired goods are still needed for Spire and wonders upgrade (just today I have used over 400K T6 for upgrading Simia (looking forward for the last crazy amount when upgrading to 26))).

For settlement, I prefer Portal + portal profit version whenever possible - saves resources and space for something actualy usefull.

You need the entire chapter a huge settlement,
You can pp part of the reseach tree, but over the entire lenght of the tree you also need regular race goods you can't pp.
PP will sure make it a lot faster but in the end you can't avoid the settlement in any way, shape or form unless you want to finish the chapter in 2-5 years instead of 5-12 months.

In particular I hate the portal itself as it's production last for 3 hours for the first few weeks, meaning each night or time you cannot come online within 3 hours you loose production

With all these leaks I am amazed this chapter has not been released yet, how cruel would it be if they delay it for another 3+ months.
Just as a punishment for al those spoilers lol

Lovec Krys

By upgrading buildings, I meant Armories, manus, recent wonders, etc., they all consume large amount of seeds.
It seems that I already dislike the new chapter - like they couldn't make reasonable size of settlement together with reasonable amount of time needed - you have to choose between "chapter takes ages" and "teleport half or your city".
And PP thing - first they give us chance to get a lot of them, then they simply make them useless for half chapter. Just punishment for active players again.
Well, I hope they delay that chapter as much as possible, so I can enjoy the between chapters time a little longer.

Brummbaer

For me, the bottleneck is the huge amount on orcs. Low production rate and high requirement.
Also if you are playing the Spire and need thousands to convince.

iDavis

I already have a plan to add several armories to my city. Currently have 4 only - huge problems with upgrading military buildings and spire (don't remember when I went with diplomacy which needed orcs last time). It's also a good building for ranking points (requires less population and a lot of culture). Hopefully 4 more will be enough.

What I like about gr11 - wonders. Not sure how much they change till release, but their current balance is quiet interesting for me - both providing ranking points (amount based on how much does player's fellowship play spire and tournament). Since mine is hitting max rewards in both, it will be a good source of ranking points every week.

Arthus

Here I made estimated Chapter 16 settlement based on informations about building sizes, provided in @MinMax Gamer 's site.
Of course it's estimated based on assumption that there will be needed only one Embassy of each race, and other production buildings will be unlimited or will be possible to build at least 5 of each.

It contains everything on 25x19 space, Portal (Senate) has a connection to Main Hall by north road.
Both Embassies (Dwarf - 10x6 and Fairy - 6x10) have direct connection to the Portal (Senate)
5 Tea Houses have direct connection to Fairy Embassy or by another Tea House.
5 Beer Festivals have direct connection to Dwarf Embassy or by another Beer Festival.
5 Meditation Circles have direct connection to the Portal (Senate) or by another Circle.
It's optional to lower 4 tea houses by 1 row or raise two beer festivals on the left by 1 row by preference.

908ef292b5265.png

Lissona

I'm on my way to the end of chapter 15 - and if there's one thing I've learned in the meantime: all the advance guides and discussions are simply pointless. The only thing you can rely on are the calculations for your own city and your own playing behaviour...

Deleted User - 81190

Here I made estimated Chapter 16 settlement based on informations about building sizes, provided in @MinMax Gamer 's site.
Of course it's estimated based on assumption that there will be needed only one Embassy of each race, and other production buildings will be unlimited or will be possible to build at least 5 of each.
You may not even need that much. Depending on how much KP you bring in each week from tournaments, it is entirely possible that KPs will be the bottleneck - not guest race or goods production. Remember, this chapter needs about 2x KP of chapter 15.

Arthus

You may not even need that much. Depending on how much KP you bring in each week from tournaments, it is entirely possible that KPs will be the bottleneck - not guest race or goods production. Remember, this chapter needs about 2x KP of chapter 15.

It depends if you wanna experience the chapter or skip it fast with portal profits.
Half of people won't make this chapter anyway if they force two squad upgrades which will make fights tougher.

Deleted User - 81190

It depends if you wanna experience the chapter or skip it fast with portal profits.
Oh, we will experience it alright - PPs or not ;)

Half of people won't make this chapter anyway if they force two squad upgrades which will make fights tougher.
It's not a huge increase. That's 351 extra for mandatory increases, so less than 15% increase if you had bare minimum SS, and it's about 7.5% for those who unlocked all optional SS so far. I'd take faster Training Grounds production (+other goodies) for that.

CrazyWizard

Oh, we will experience it alright - PPs or not ;)

It's not a huge increase. That's 351 extra for mandatory increases, so less than 15% increase if you had bare minimum SS, and it's about 7.5% for those who unlocked all optional SS so far. I'd take faster Training Grounds production (+other goodies) for that.

I want the wonders, those SS upgrades suck, but so be it, I calculated just over 10% increase for me. I think I can manage that increase as in most weeks I have spare troops. but thats not because of chapter benefits that I can manage that loss.

I also need more than that, I calculated 7 tea and beer houses in my case. but thats because I decided to have a different approch to goods production than they ment I think.
At some point with 7 of each I should be able to keep it all running 24/7 as goods will be the bottleneck for me.
The advantage of insane tourney scores, this week a personal record 817KP :p

Arthus

I just want to know what 2nd effect of each wonder will be. Normally wonders have 2 effects, like pop+production, culture+ranking points or something.
Ranking points are not that needed, they have no effect on gameplay.

This settlement will take a lot of place, it all depends how much place someone can spare in town.
With evolution buildings being not teleportable and lack of expansions in game, there's not much space left.

Also everything grows more and more each chapter and 2-3 expansions are not enough to make up for it.

iDavis

@Arthus one of them producing KPs (in the same amount as Tome of Secrets) and second one Venom Drone Rider units (in the same amount as any other unit-producing wonder).

Maillie

Thank you for all of the information! In all honesty, after finishing 15 a while ago in two cities I'm still a bit burned out. I can't see how anyone could get bored between chapters, with tournaments, the Spire, plus nonstop events and FA's in between. Without another chapter I can upgrade the AW's, max buildings, etc. My main city has not had one person complaining that a new chapter hasn't started yet. I spoke to the Archmage of another fs and she said if she mentions Chapter 16 she gets groans and moans. I think a lot of people are just not ready for this burgeoning chapter with 10x6 and 6x10 buildings attached to an 8x8 portal, and the usual single expansion.

Lovec Krys

Is there actualy anyone who uses Venom Drone Riders?
My settlement will be much smaller, unless they give us 4 new expansions from provinces, which I doubt. Oh I'm so looking forward to destroy those stupidly big embassies once I don't need them anymore.

Arthus

My settlement will be much smaller, unless they give us 4 new expansions from provinces, which I doubt. Oh I'm so looking forward to destroy those stupidly big embassies once I don't need them anymore.

I've seen many fights in spire of eternity are great for light melee units

They told 1 expansion per chapter from provinces :/ Two will be from tech tree

CrazyWizard

Guess we will now ;)
Just like I use the "free" swordsdancers, I will never make them myself, tried to use them since there a nasty oponnent, but on the player side they just suck, well all light melee sucks, but at least the dog has some use.

Richord

@Lovec Krys goods; you're right.
IF the spire wouldn't be so expansive, this would be a nice weekly event to do and yes, I would be in big trouble too. I would need 3 instead of 2 T5-6.