• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 16: Embassies

Deleted User - 81190

I assume you never play/negotiate in the spire then, as it can consume quite a bit of orcs, and these days some of the later wonders can also consume a considerable amount of orcs on upgrades as well.
You assume wrong. I complete the whole Spire every week, negotiating at least 2 floors out of that. It's not that much if you treat orcs as a last resort good, right below diamonds (and sometimes above that). I have done a couple of upgrades with orcs during that period, but by and large I was done with orc upgrades before these 2 months, and avoided upgrading AWs that need it during that period.

Lovec Krys

And you are all forgetting about training orc strategists (and orc fighters if anyone trains them), those consumes orcs as well. And due to all the places you use orcs and this chapter's orc bottleneck I can again forget about training them despite having 9 armories (not to mention that upgrading them will cost around milion of seeds).

Deleted User - 81190

And you are all forgetting about training orc strategists (and orc fighters if anyone trains them), those consumes orcs as well.
That's what Grounds of the Orc Strategist are for ;) And Golem substitutions, at least if you're an elf. I have spent exactly 0 orcs on SOS in the last half a year. I suspect many people blow significant portion of their orcs on exactly that.

Richord

Well, nobody said we should harvest orks once per 4days. Even though I did with 4 armories from the beginning, i've enough for the whole techtree. I only need to increase my production for productions.
What did it cost me? only some time to collect more supplies.
@MinMax Gamer indeed (orcstrat)

CrazyWizard

@MinMax Gamer Well, I have 6 of them and two bears. But I would need at least 60 of them to not needing to train them. Now I have to simply train golems.

If your are in the last chapter and you are human try to replace them with the more affordable frog prince.

I find strategist impossible to use as main unit, they are to hard / rare to train in bulk. Sometimes you do not use the very best unit for training considerations, either because it's to slow or because to difficult to train.

This was for me untill elementals often the reason to ignore training ground troops or limit there use untill I could not get away with something else the difference between the training time in barracks vs training grounds was simply to big to ignore.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard I would have never played as a Human - All my cities are elvish.
And Frog is not good against archers, with too many archers, golem is better despite his short range in most situations (tested), but Orc strategist is best.
So until I can train again orcs strategists, I'll be forced to train golems instead.

Deleted User - 81190

@CrazyWizard I would have never played as a Human - All my cities are elvish.
And Frog is not good against archers, with too many archers, golem is better despite his short range in most situations (tested), but Orc strategist is best.
So until I can train again orcs strategists, I'll be forced to train golems instead.
If you're playing as an elf, Golems are not bad at all. SOS are definitely better against pure light range. But I find that if there are 1-2 counterunits in the mix (which is often), then Golems do as well if not better than SOS. So I usually use strats against pure light range, or mostly light range and no counterunits. This way strats experience very low losses. For other anti-light needs - Golems.

Probably depends on levels of military AWs, and which boosters are out there.

Lovec Krys

Warning for everyone who would like to do what I did yesterday:
Do not destroy Elvenar's portal (quest) before you research last non-mandatory expansion, when in Embassies chapter.
I have filled the Elvenar's portal with PPs to full capacity and went to Embassies chapter (rushing there, so I can finally try new chapter before it hits live worlds).
Then I finished the quest for selling Elvenar's portal.
But, ... destroying portal also deleted my Elvenar's goods, so I have now unresearched non-mandatory expansion and 0 goods to research it.
Since I'm now in Embassies chapter, the only way how to get that expansion is to build the full Elvenar's settlement.
I think I'll pass. This is beta, I can live without 1 expansion here.

Lovec Krys

No, I have never made one.

Edit: Ok, I made my first.
Worst case scenario: I'll play with 1 expansion less (this is beta, so I can live with it).

Edit2: In the end it seems, that it was my mistake and after researching wonders I forgot to refill the portal before advancing to Embassies chapter (I've rushed that and did all of that during short time using a lot of coin instants to get enough KPs).
Well, maybe I'll build the Elvenar's settlement someday in the future and finish the missing expansion research. Meanwhile I'll play with 1 expansion less.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
Is there any reason not to research all of them at that point (except saving some KPs)?
there is another reason which was made just recently, we are not getting runes per unresearched tech, which in a long run will reduce our runes shard pool, which is a very good thing (if AWs will stay optional), imagive chapter 17 with bad wonders again, and chapter 18 with 1 good wonder you want, not reseaching 5 AWs techs will increase your chance of getting your desired runes

it was clear long time ago that it wont be manageable to only keep incresing runes types without any other use (trading, disenchanting, conversion, selling, crafting, another use of runes for same wonder with different mechanic and so on), if in chapter 30 we will be getting around 60 runes type, how usefull this mechanic will be? close to zero, you would faster level your wonder throu broken shards only then throu runes and in that case you can remove all the runes mechanic

so lets just hope it will stay optional and players will decide if they want that runes in rune pool or not

Richord

well, yes; the system sucks, but needing runes? never. through deals, tournament and tactical gameplay, I barely ever 'need' runes.
So; fixing the rune problem by making wonderresearch optional isn't it (for me)

Dony

King of Bugs
well, yes; the system sucks, but needing runes? never. through deals, tournament and tactical gameplay, I barely ever 'need' runes.
So; fixing the rune problem by making wonderresearch optional isn't it (for me)
tournaments are directly based on it, so you are affected aswell, if you research wonders you wont build, you will be getting useless runes and reducing chance of getting other runes

DeletedUser1953

I have a problem with elvenar, when you play, you hope your city becomes more powerfull and/or efficient and/or new abilities, but if you see the chapter XV & XVI, it is the opposite, the game offers even new T1&T2 really worse, and now i found the research from minmax, it seems if you upgrade Wonder => it increases the cost of the spire => useless chapters and do not invest in secondaries AW (there is no new good AW from 6+ month)
=> conclusion : to be more powerfull in Elvenar after chapter XIX, do nothing (except play tournament & spire), it is absurd !!

DeletedUser1953

Ho i forget the barracks ? Ok, but i do not use frogs (i do not have the building) and you forget that the ennemies has the 3 star now too (even for player not in chapter XV) ^^

Dony

King of Bugs
chapter 15 increased workshop quite dramaticly in a way that 1-2 magic workshops are enough and saves lots of space in a city
upgrade Wonder => it increases the cost of the spire
thats known for over a year, you should have adjusted your strategy already by now
and you forget that the ennemies has the 3 star now too (even for player not in chapter XV) ^^
thats irrelevant to compare, even if we didnt had 3 star units, enemy had 3 star units all the time for later provinces, with last upgrades of units it became much easier to fight