• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 15: The Elvenar

palmira

@MinMax Gamer How many cult/seed hybrids do you have? With 169 AW levels, my bonus is at 5577 + 16335 daily production and 6 picks I can get to 49K/day.
I have the Yeti Christmas and the Carnival sets (10k seeds/day both) and a bit more production as you (17325+7326 bonus) plus 3k daily from the ETC and after a few upgrades of the armories I am down to 84k seeds. I think 4 is my sentient factories limit at least for a while.

Deleted User - 81190

@MinMax Gamer How many cult/seed hybrids do you have? With 169 AW levels, my bonus is at 5577 + 16335 daily production and 6 picks I can get to 49K/day.
Marching Band
3x Golden Palaces
2x Black Lotuses
Spring Flower Cage
Polar Bear
Stonehedge
15x Ponds of Autumn
4x Festival Merchants

Various levels, some are fairly old. I still have a few in the tank - 2x Festival Merchants, 1x Genie. There is still some capacity to grow.

Jaxom

Well it is going to be interesting to see how far I can go on this chapter with just 1 boosted T6. No room for more because I need to have multiple Level 24 T1 factories for events.
I still do not understand why they refuse to let chapter 12+ players to use sentient goods in events. Those are the goods that we are supposed to be focusing on but the event structure complete ignores them.
I guess may have to make a choice. Build more T6 so that I can advance in chapter 15 or keep my big T1s and do events. The space/population won't support doing both in a timely manner.
No, wait. I figured it out. They want us to do events using L24 T1 factories but they also want us to take 6 months to complete Chapter 15 so that we aren't complaining about needing Chapter 16. Maybe in 6 months I can get this chapter done. And still have Portal Profits left over!

Deleted User - 81190

No room for more because I need to have multiple Level 24 T1 factories for events.
Why do you need multiple T1s for events right now? There is no event that needs it now, the next one is likely going to be in December. Even if you don't use teleports (and a few are easy to acquire as there are teleports at the first Spire gate), you can rebuild L24 T1s in probably a week or so.

You'll need about 300-400K of T6 for each research in the second half. Considering decay, it will be exceedingly difficult to even hit these amounts with a single T6, and even if you can it will take ridiculous amounts of time for each research,

Jaxom

I agree with you. It takes a ridiculous amount of time for each research. Ridiculous. But why rush? There is no reason to think that another chapter will arrive in less than 6-8 months.
I sure hope you are right about no more events until December. I need a break from them.
Your idea may be the best solution. Build a set of T1s for events and T6s for chapters. Trade them in and out. Stop work on chapters when doing events. Would only cost 6-8 teleports for each event. And some event rewards aren't worth the effort.
But I am not going to consider rebuilding L24 T1s for each event. On Beta you never know when they are coming!

Deleted User - 81190

But I am not going to consider rebuilding L24 T1s for each event. On Beta you never know when they are coming!
True, but even for beta is might be worth considering for major events. When you have 3-4 weeks per event, 1 week might be acceptable. The last event was not big on T1, so the few T1 quests could be done with minimum of T1 manus + timeboosts if needed.

Jaxom

That was an unusual event. Good final prize and not too hard tasks.
But who knows what they will throw at us next time.?

Jaxom

BTW, I just went to the wiki and added up the times to build a Elixir factory from 0 to 24. About 415 hours or 17 days if you could keep upgrading without any gaps. So your estimate was quite good but it would be a challenge to get the work done. I think teleports would be the solution.

Jaxom

Sorry about that. I calculated how long it would take to build up the additional T6 factories which I would swap in and out with the T1s! I wanted to know both numbers.

Bringing Marble (elves) up from 0 to 24 would be less than days if you worked it perfectly. So not nearly as long as estimated.
This idea might work on live worlds where you have advance notice of events. It just might!

Jaxom

The time for building marble up is less than 4 days if you had no interruptions or boosts.
Sorry for all the mistakes - trying to fit this in between other things.

Deleted User - 81190

This idea might work on live worlds where you have advance notice of events. It just might!
Heh, it does work - I wasn't just theorizing, I have built T1 from scratch for the last event, and I have also built several T6 for the new chapter, so I knew the timings ;) Even the T6 might have worked OKish for the new chapter without advance warning as heavy T6 requirements are in the second half of the chapter. Well, assuming you have requisite pop, that is.

But yeah, rebuilding T3/T6 is a pain, and also doesn't seem to be needed often, so this is a perfect teleport candidate.

DeletedUser2630

This is the first time I have gone through the whole race using only portal profits. Perhaps they could not invent a foolish race.

Not having enough profit portal, so I packed up and went to bundle the game away.

If this is the style of the game where it goes, it will happen with another race because my portal profit package has grown a long time, because I never had to use it and yet the race took me two months. Now it will take me two months to use portal profits.

I understand that unnecessary people who have nothing better to do than click on the mouse will probably enjoy playing the race for a year or at least half a year, but it doesn't seem fair to me that you force everyone to do that. We active in tournaments of that time have to devote so much already.

But making approximately 300 final raw materials for research cost approximately 1 day of production per section of buildings is a bad joke.

Jaxom

Sorry to hear another good player get so frustrated by this chapter. It is by no means fun or challenging. Just a grind.

In a week or so I will have 2 more T6 factories at level 24 so I can teleport my T1 L24s out and really focus on this chapter. I am NOT using time boosts to build these faster. No reason to waste them on this 6 month long chapter.

I figure the next L24-T1 focused event will arrive just after I move the factories that I will need for it. Who wants to bet against that?

Jaxom

I will have to remove something to get my 2 additional L24 T6 factories placed. I had hoped that it would be L24 T1s but I may have to do something else instead. But the decision is still over a week away so who knows what ideas will come up by then.

It just seems a shame that the developers are pushing end-game players into these hard decisions. Advancing in chapters, doing well in events, doing well in Fellowship Adventures. The mechanisms all conflict now. If amassing teleport spells is the only way to be successful in all parts of the game then I fear they will see more players exiting. Because the Spire, which gives teleports, is not fun. You might get lucky on enemy armies, you might get lucky and win teleports. But it is a gamble and not something that I play this game for.

Lovec Krys

@Jaxom In my main city - I actualy don't plan to use teleports, i teleported only 2 workshops used during last event, and they will probably stay in inventory forever.
FA is not a priority for me, so if I have less space for it, so be it. There is always a way of doing only single path on each levels.

iDavis

@Jaxom whilst I agree with your conflict opinion, I want to point out that in case of spire, it depends. For instance me - I like gambling aspect about spire and how it makes variance about different prices and costs every week.

DeletedUser2818

Figured I'd quote myself from the "international board", which in my opinion should be renamed into the "ignored board".

@Muf-Muf in regards to this post, I already had.
To my first impressions, I followed with two - posts in which everything is explained in great detail. The only thing I could add is that despite having added more factories the production is so slow I'm growing more frustrated by the day, and that I'm having a ton more fun working on my diamond farms (respectively in Dwarves and Fairies chapters), because those chapter lacked the forceful size and time hard-gating that smothers this one and pushes players towards frustration and unnecessary, artificial annoyances designed with the intent to be annoying thus pushing we the players into removing said annoyances by using diamonds.
And there may be those who do not see through this deliberately callous and exploitative tactic (I'll spell it out for you and anyone who might've not figured it out on their own: "make the game annoying and provide players with means to remove the annoyances by paying real money"). The earlier chapters didn't feel like this at all, not even those who required very specific layouts (think Sorcerers and Dragons).
This is a matter of unreasonably big settlement buildings coupled with unreasonably long production times. It's a matter of hard-gating which can only be overcome through enduring the artificially created frustration or by using diamonds (and a vast amount of them, I might add).

But this feedback is useless, because you guys are perfectly aware of these issues - because you carefully manufactured them. Deny it all you want, give us answers worthy of a White House press secretary, but don't think for a moment that we're all unaware of the cancerous proliferation of a game design tactic that has been around for years and that sadly has now been embraced by the Elvenar team. Of course it might not be the developers themselves, but I'd like the shareholders to see posts such as this, if only to see whether or not they're capable of realising that their greed is an unsustainable blight that will in the long run cause this game to lose more and more players, and no matter how many whales might remain, it won't be enough. It'll be unsustainable. I could mention examples of how this happened to other games in this same exact way and how those games are now defunct or throwing their last death-rattles, but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to mention other games here. However I'm also equally sure that you guys know exactly of what I'm talking about.

Maillie

What we need are the old Traveling Merchants to give us Sentient Goods. I have it in Suggestions in the Forum. These expansion wide, seed chomping manufactories don't make nearly enough for the average player to advance. I have long been out of MM spells and use up my time boosts to make them. It isn't enough. I've been stuck on each tech for days and finally went and made a new little city, just to have a little fun, which I'm afraid this chapter is seriously missing.