• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 15: The Elvenar

DeletedUser2630

Who instructed you to go through this chapter quickly? Why do we have to suffer for your super "half or even year-long challenge"?

In the past, everybody could race as fast as they can, today everyone will be forced more or less slowly. Brutally slow.

DeletedUser2951

Looks good to me, nice challenge. Now bring it life, please.

DeletedUser332

Just realized that workshops gain a HUGE efficiency boost when upgrading to Elvenar levels. Not complaining, but still rather odd to see supply production more than double when going to level 34 when it usually only goes up by less than 10% per level.

DeletedUser2632

What I'd like to see is higher orc production rates in armories

DeletedUser2632

Downside of that is that the heroes forge already lost it's edge because of it.

I rather see them remove the orc restrictions from those units.
Heroes forge is also useful for Heavy Melee attack. Orcs are needed in catering tournaments and in the Spire, and I need more of them even with 8 armories, and for training Orc Strats as well

Karvest

Hm... where is announcement about new effects of gr10 AWs?
Seems next chapters are going to rely even more on sentient goods...

Sissycat

Hi everyone,

I have a question for you : How many buildings of settlement do we needs for the chap 15? And do you have images of plans available please?

PS: excuse me for my English, I'm a live French player!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser332

Heroes forge is also useful for Heavy Melee attack. Orcs are needed in catering tournaments and in the Spire, and I need more of them even with 8 armories, and for training Orc Strats as well

Dang, you're in danger of running out of orcs? I'm over here and just passed 1.6 million of them...dunno what I've done differently from you, but I've never built an orc nest and never had more than 6 armories. Also don't really use the orc units though...Warriors I never bother with and strategists only really see use in the planks tournament with a few rare appearances whenever other battles favor using them.

maxiqbert

I'm out (meaning 0 left) of orcs, although I almost never negociate and absolutely never use orc troops.
Upping workshops for the damn event killed my stock, with the help of the elvenars and their mass instructions.

Of course, if I had more armories to begin with, I'd be better off.

palmira

Hi everyone,

I have a question for you : How many buildings of settlement do we needs for the chap 15? And do you have images of plans available please?

Sissycat, we have 5 different settlement buildings and the portal. The academy, of which we want several, produces ideas and workforce needed, in large quantities, to unlock the atelier, agriculture and factory, and to feed these 3 buildings. The products of atelier, agriculture and factory are needed to unlock other researches including the last building, the vault, where the final products, the only ones one gets with portal instants, are made. So far, it seems one each is the questline request but it will be slow going, at least 3 or 4 academies seems necessary.

DeletedUser2632

Dang, you're in danger of running out of orcs? I'm over here and just passed 1.6 million of them...dunno what I've done differently from you, but I've never built an orc nest and never had more than 6 armories. Also don't really use the orc units though...Warriors I never bother with and strategists only really see use in the planks tournament with a few rare appearances whenever other battles favor using them.
As human my mortars kinda lousy so I need Orc Strats a lot. On average I use about 100 - 150 squads of main units each tourney. So that is a lot of Orc Strats. Spire negotiation takes a lot of them as well, something which I have given feedback on

Richord

@ExplorerFfff what are you talking about?
some members in my Dutch fs will fly through the first part due to their big cities and massive time-input.
flying through a chapter and than forced to wait months for something new; that's the problem. If you think this slow's you down, reconsider your tactics:D

DeletedUser332

As human my mortars kinda lousy so I need Orc Strats a lot. On average I use about 100 - 150 squads of main units each tourney. So that is a lot of Orc Strats. Spire negotiation takes a lot of them as well, something which I have given feedback on

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Mortars initially but the Fire Phoenix turned that right around. Give them a decent attack boost and they're able to kill a lot of things before enemies reach them. Mortars carry me just fine in the elixir tournament, though I've started using frogs instead now that my merc camp trains at the same speed as my barracks.

Even still, I can't imagine that I'd be out of orcs even if I was constantly training strategists. But you've run out even with more armories than me!

DeletedUser1953

Just realized that workshops gain a HUGE efficiency boost when upgrading to Elvenar levels. Not complaining, but still rather odd to see supply production more than double when going to level 34 when it usually only goes up by less than 10% per level.
I think the goal is like the event, eradicate workshop level 1 !
A workshop 33 (4x6 need 4881 pop) produces 10 938/3h (125%), and 2xlevel 1 (2x2x2 need 36 pop) produces 13 000/3h (quest) ! Before event, there was a lot cities with 4-6 workshop only.

Deleted User - 60107

So apparently the Elvenar AWs now have a second bonus (a fact I don't see mentioned in the 1.90 release notes for some reason):
- Thermal Spring of Youth now gives Culture in addition to the population boost (though it is a very low amount)
- Vortex of Storage now gives a bonus to Sentient Goods production - same as Timewarp, but lower percent. Does anyone know how the bonus from Timewarp interacts with the bonus from the Vortex? Are the values added to each other? So if you have Timewarp level 1 and Vortex level 1 you would get 24%+20% = 44% total bonus?

Karvest

Thermal Spring of Youth now gives Culture in addition to the population boost (though it is a very low amount)
Not very low, up to 150*combined_AW_levels at lvl 30 (same amount as ranking points granted by Thones of the same level).

Does anyone know how the bonus from Timewarp interacts with the bonus from the Vortex? Are the values added to each other? So if you have Timewarp level 1 and Vortex level 1 you would get 24%+20% = 44% total bonus?
When they made MH bonus stack with phoenix this way, they changed numbers for MH in client files from 1.24 to 0.24. For Timewarp we still see 1.24, so it would either be 1.24*1.2=1.488 (+48%) or they would change it same way as MH a bit later, or some bug would happen.

Last edited: