• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 15: The Elvenar

Lovec Krys

@Anec Only when it's on. And by doing 45 tourney encounters 3x in a row, that's 34 tourney provinces. And in last event we had finish 2 provinces quest, so yes, by all the quests we are pushed into overscouting a lot.

Marindor

its pretty clear we are moving from T1-3 to T4-6, and devs are making ground for them to implement to world map/tournament aswell

@Dony Could you please not state what you are thinking as if it was a fact, so we don't get the unnecessary confusion this is causing now? Thank you :) We are not planning to make Sentient Goods a part of the tournaments, so you can focus on using these for Chapter development :)

Dony

King of Bugs
@Dony Could you please not state what you are thinking as if it was a fact, so we don't get the unnecessary confusion this is causing now? Thank you :) We are not planning to make Sentient Goods a part of the tournaments, so you can focus on using these for Chapter development :)
Of course not for chapter 15, the game is not ready yet, this is my theorycrafting how i feel this game is going to be. Sentient goods will be introduced for world map provinces as soon as possible to deal with endless quests system with scout provinces and complete provinces quests, i wouldnt be surprised that even cities in amuni chapter would get that, simply to block going to fast on world map exactly how you did with orcs back then, people wont have enough T4-6 for negotiating on world map (or wouldnt be able to produce them yet) and as far as i know it is not possible to use time boosters to get seeds on demands, we already didnt got advanced scout last 2 chapters which will be beneficial to this block now, only way for people will be to fight on world map but if they overscouted a lot then they would need to use either combat buildings a lot or research SSU which appears to be optional now, but i dont believe they are all 4 optional just because devs love us, we will be forced to research them if we would want to go deep in endless quest system. Chapter 15 introduced masive T4-6 requirements so people are better prepared for future, will have more manufactories for T4-6, produce more T4-6 then T1-3, so it make sense to move with T4-6 on world map aswell. And since players will research optional SSU to progress on world map in case they are blocked by T4-6 for events, they will increase difficulty of their tournament aswell, but since they are forced to produce more T4-6 then T1-3, its logical that we will move from T1-3 to T4-6 in tournament aswell (maybe first 10 provinces will have T1-3 all the time, but later will get them), this wont happen soon tho, you need to prepare game for it and find right balance which is a problem for INNO as we saw a lot of times :)
Of course it is all my vision how it could end, lets see in few years.

CrazyWizard

nobody stopping you from building more T4-6 or reducing T1-3, thats not issue whats so ever
its pretty clear we are moving from T1-3 to T4-6, and devs are making ground for them to implement to world map/tournament aswell
Dude, you scared the Sh$t out of me!
@Marindor Thanks for the clarification.

Of course not for chapter 15, the game is not ready yet, this is my theorycrafting how i feel this game is going to be. Sentient goods will be introduced for world map provinces as soon as possible to deal with endless quests system with scout provinces and complete provinces quests, i wouldnt be surprised that even cities in amuni chapter would get that, simply to block going to fast on world map exactly how you did with orcs back then, people wont have enough T4-6 for negotiating on world map (or wouldnt be able to produce them yet) and as far as i know it is not possible to use time boosters to get seeds on demands, we already didnt got advanced scout last 2 chapters which will be beneficial to this block now, only way for people will be to fight on world map but if they overscouted a lot then they would need to use either combat buildings a lot or research SSU which appears to be optional now, but i dont believe they are all 4 optional just because devs love us, we will be forced to research them if we would want to go deep in endless quest system. Chapter 15 introduced masive T4-6 requirements so people are better prepared for future, will have more manufactories for T4-6, produce more T4-6 then T1-3, so it make sense to move with T4-6 on world map aswell. And since players will research optional SSU to progress on world map in case they are blocked by T4-6 for events, they will increase difficulty of their tournament aswell, but since they are forced to produce more T4-6 then T1-3, its logical that we will move from T1-3 to T4-6 in tournament aswell (maybe first 10 provinces will have T1-3 all the time, but later will get them), this wont happen soon tho, you need to prepare game for it and find right balance which is a problem for INNO as we saw a lot of times :)
Of course it is all my vision how it could end, lets see in few years.

I hope you are wrong,
There is a limited amount of space at f2p accounts.

DeletedUser332

There is a limited amount of space at f2p accounts.

Everyone's got limited space. You have more if you spend diamonds on expansions, but you're still going to run out of space no matter how many expansions you buy because the grid isn't limitless.

CrazyWizard

Everyone's got limited space. You have more if you spend diamonds on expansions, but you're still going to run out of space no matter how many expansions you buy because the grid isn't limitless.

Guess you totally missed the point, I am well aware of that situation.
Your answer is like when I am complaining I need more room in general. but I am not!.
I am well aware that if you make the city 10 times as large I am still stuck without space, thats not the point.

When we talk about "balance" and "playability" then without diamonds a city schould be "playable"
If you are forcing players to uphold a large portion of that city for race goods, AND demand large amounts T1+2+3+4+5+6 (+7+8+9)
Then you might run into space restrictions that make a city "unplayable" you need a certain amount of base room and the requirments for playing should always stay within this space limit. diamonds are cherry's to get more breathing room.

Seeds requires either wonders or event buildings both cost space, so 2 t4+5+6 cost way more room than just a regular factory.
So assume "space wise" for a 2-2-2-2-2-2 setup you need about the space of a regular 6-6-6 setup. and I estimate that that will be pretty close tot the limits a non diamond player would have on space or way over that limit.

DeletedUser332

@CrazyWizard Is there actually an issue with space, though? You aren't even sure whether or not these requirements are 'over the limit' or not. If they aren't, there's no problem. Players without premium expansions still have less overall space, but so long as they have what's required, everything is fine even if it feels restricted. As you said, premium expansions/diamonds are the 'cherries' that allow for extra stuff that isn't strictly necessary.

DeletedUser724

any 1 has any idea of how to place settlement buildings
especially "vault of wisdom" need to connect with another 3 settlement building
it seems it is impossible to do it as those 3 settlement building need to connect with acedemy

Heymrdiedier

i managed to place 8 vaults, so its pretty possible
ooh i couldnt wait to see how you did that many, i think you must have destroyed almost your full city for that
so i checked you out, and i see 0 vaults. :)
Im guessing you mean in your planning then? are you willing to share your architect layout for that?

Dony

King of Bugs
i am not planning to build any vault, i find it its waste of development to come up with complex settlement buildings and resources with thousands % of PP in our inventories
since beta sucks with sentient goods i am stuck, after first 6 techs i am done with settlement buildings

Heymrdiedier

i am not planning to build any vault, i find it its waste of development to come up with complex settlement buildings and resources with thousands % of PP in our inventories
since beta sucks with sentient goods i am stuck, after first 6 techs i am done with settlement buildings
aha i have the same plan on live. on beta i think ill have no choice since i just reached end tech there recently i didnt have much saved up yet

Dony

King of Bugs
700 tiles but who has problem with space in this game, right? you can also remove 1 academy or add another
ch151.JPG

DeletedUser

Could anybody tell me please how many gr buildings you need for the story questline?

Heymrdiedier

700 tiles but who has problem with space in this game, right? you can also remove 1 academy or add another
thats huge, but i dont think it works, there are some factories/ateliers/agriculture that arent connected to the academy, so they dont work, and therefor the vault also doesnt work. Right?

Dony

King of Bugs
thats huge, but i dont think it works, there are some factories/ateliers/agriculture that arent connected to the academy, so they dont work, and therefor the vault also doesnt work. Right?
no, vault works perfectly fine if it touches 3 other buildings, it works like that from halfling era, only that other 4 buildings doesnt work, but it doesnt matter

DeletedUser2803

I don't think such a big settlement is needed. Keep in mind that you need also sentient goods. 3 Vaults and corresponding buildings should be enough. Maybe even less, if you have portal refills.