• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Change Wishing Wells and Monuments of AK to 50 days and double their output

Should wishing wells and monuments of ancient knowledge have shorter lifetime but doubled output?

• Total voters

Arthus

There's a big problem that wishing wells last for 100 days and there are more than 2 or 3 events in these 100 days when you get these wells. They kinda lost their unique building status, you literally open a fridge and wishing wells are falling out in excess. I myself have like 20 wishing wells in my main city in polish version, next 15 are already in my inventory and there are 2 occasions coming to earn another ones.

Must they last 100 days instead of 50 like trading outposts do?
Wouldn't it be better to just make them 50 days while doubling the prizes?

It makes it difficult to have a real use of excess buildings when you don't have much place in your city and more and more are coming...

Deleted User - 56274

You can always disenchant them for spell fragments

DeletedUser

In a discussion with @Kasia (in the mermaid discussion and Kasia's gift suggestions) it would be better, imho, if these weren't grand prizes and remained as a daily gift where you could plan to get more if yours has expired or skip the day if you have excess.

Arthus

In a discussion with @Kasia (in the mermaid discussion and Kasia's gift suggestions) it would be better, imho, if these weren't grand prizes and remained as a daily gift where you could plan to get more if yours has expired or skip the day if you have excess.

You mean wishing wells as gifts or diamonds? Idk but there's an excess of them and they should be unique... so... Maybe that would be good. But chance for 50 diamonds and 50 days of duration would be the same as for 25 diamonds and 100 days where you must wait more than 3 months to replace them with something.

And burning wishing wells for spell fragments... really...

Wishing wells are most treasured on polish version and people burn these crap buildings artifacts rather than wells

DeletedUser

I totally get what you're saying @Arthus about lowering the days to 50. And I'm not really sure to be honest, if lowering the days is a benefit to everyone.

what if it does get added as one of the daily gifts in an event (no longer a grand prize) and people cannot get them and have super bad luck? or they miss the day because of real life obligations? or they are stuck on an event quest and can't get enough currency to get more than 1? Then they are stuck with an expired wishing well until the next event.

DeletedUser

I thought about this just a bit more, how about leaving it at 100 days but have the ability to craft something in the magic academy that can reduce the number of days, increase the output of rewards and change it to have lighting bolts around it? Now it's the Lightning Wishing Well?

Maybe how it would work is you craft the item in the magic academy, (The lightning wishing well spell) once the wishing well is ready to collect you throw the spell on it, it increases the rewards and lowers the days to expiration by 1 day?

One of my wishing wells is expiring in 16 days, but I'm due for a new one with better culture. I could use 16 Lightning wishing well spells to make it expire and now I can replace it with the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's a good point @Karvest so maybe if you get the Wishing Well to 1/2 the days the chance for 50 diamonds also decreases by 1/2? That would seem fair. Plus, my suggestion of crafting the spells you would have to be fairly lucky to have 50 spells ready once you place them. We know how that magic academy works. And people who have 20 wishing wells would need 1000 spells. If one is lowering days by 1 to try and replace it with a new one because of culture benefits, (changing chapters) maybe the chance goes down but with each 1 you get 1 more diamond - 26 diamonds etc.

Lovec Krys

@soleil Why would chance decrease only for diamonds?
I think, that in this case, only duration of the building and amount of every reward should be changed.
If duration is changed to half, we should get double amount to compensate, so the final earning from the building would remain the same.
That way, we could rotate more wells.

There is also another way - since we now have more big events and even infinite number of quests, you can now divide your event currency between more rewards and not investing everything in only one.

edeba

I like the idea of doubling the prizes and cutting the time in half. 100 days is a large time commitment for game space.

Deleted User - 56274

I like the idea of doubling the prizes and cutting the time in half. 100 days is a large time commitment for game space.
I am looking forward to the expiration of mine next month just for space reclamation and will likely limit myself a bit more in the future to how many I place.

DeletedUser

Okay, then if decreasing the chance is bad when you drop the days to 50 then each wishing well you put in your kingdom over 3 starts decreasing the chances of diamonds. But personally, I do not want the days to change. I'd like to be able to speed one up or so but not all of them at 50 days.

DeletedUser

But I would be happy with decreasing the amount of days for the library and monument and doubling the reward. That would be excellent. So take off the wishing well and you're golden and I'd change my vote to yes.

or have 3 wishing wells at 100 days any wishing well over 3 drops to 50 days with less chance of receiving diamonds and increases other rewards. Then drop the library and monument to 50 days with double the rewards. Yeah that would be yummy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthus

Looks like people like having crowded city without possibility to change for 100 days. Strange community. Well off my idea goes then. More $$ for premium expansions to IG.

DeletedUser

@Arthus your idea is a good one, but fine tune it a bit. Speaking from experience, I'm one who gets stuck in events a lot. Mostly, because of my choices.

What is your absolute motivation for this? Is it exclusively just for diamonds? How many cities on live do you have? A few of my cities, I don't spend any diamonds on and still can get what I need on it without expansions. (so far)

Arthus

@Arthus your idea is a good one, but fine tune it a bit. Speaking from experience, I'm one who gets stuck in events a lot. Mostly, because of my choices.

What is your absolute motivation for this? Is it exclusively just for diamonds? How many cities on live do you have? A few of my cities, I don't spend any diamonds on and still can get what I need on it without expansions. (so far)

My motivation for for this is that the game rewards with absurd ammounts of buildings that started to stack up for many players and they earn more of them than they can use in 100 days. Some towns became "wishing well farm cities" hosting almost 100 wishing wells at one moment.

The joy of having nice pop/cult buildings in the city is almost nonexistent because you only lose free diamonds if you build something other than wishing wells and the more diamonds you have - the more you will build in future.

That's why top ranking cities are all almost the same in our game version - Tons of blue residences, blue workshops, blue wishing wells and a little bit of manufactories. Boring copycats.

Loki Blue

Some towns became "wishing well farm cities" hosting almost 100 wishing wells at one moment.

Players do that because they want to, not because they feel pressured to put out everything in their inventories. If they don't want them, they can disenchant them.

Players are free to build their cities however they wish. If there is something about the way they design their cities, you don't have to visit them. If you do NH on mobile, you don't have to look at their cities. ;)

DeletedUser

Okay @Arthus Here's why I'm not 100% opposed to this, i have 2 cities that I'm not really sure what I'm going to with them yet. Would I like a 50 day wishing well on those? Maybe. On my other ones that I'm working on and moving forward, I'm not sure. I only have 1 city with a few in inventory. I'd like to be able to speed some of those up but not 50 days. Why I suggested a spell. I can speed it up day by day. But to cross the board make them 50 days would be hard on cities that get stuck. I'd prefer to speed up the ones where my culture needs have changed because of a chapter change. I'm not sure I make any sense. lol

Until Marindor comes on here and says "This will be archived" fine tune it a bit.

Karvest said if it doubles the diamonds but shortens the time, devs won't do it.
When I said to reduce the diamonds chance, no one really wants that either.
Find a happy medium.
Maybe this should be two threads? 1 for the wishing well and 1 for the other 2?