• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Change ratio for fair trade between tiers

Do you think that the ratio for fair trade for goods in different levels should be changed

• yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser1748

Fair trade between tiers of goods is based solely on the amount of supplies required to produce them which is in a ratio of 4 to 1 so for example 100 crystal for 400 marble is defined as 2 star ie a fair trade

I think it is clear to most players that such a trade is not really fair and benefits the player offering a small amount of higher level goods much more than the player parting with large amounts of planks or marble

It seems to me that a better definition would be based on the 'footprint' of the manufactory le the space it takes up plus the space taken by supporting builds, roads, culture, residences and workshops [the last two of which need their own supporting builds] . This will of course vary a little from player to player

So I did some calculations based on my winyandor city and found that i can produce the following amounts of goods in 3 hours per footprint square based on the best manufactories i can build

marble 42.5 per square
crystal 25.8 per square
elixir 17.2 per square

this represents a ratio or approximately 3 to 2 - very different from the 4 to 1 ratio currently used

SoggyShorts

Here is a visual of why 16:1 is not fair in any way

If you run elixir to get planks at 16:1 here is what your city needs:
2lav38x.png

If you want to run planks to get planks here is what you need:

23jr2ok.png

I didn't even try to get the workshops, population or culture for the plank city, since it would be impossible.

DeletedUser1596

This IS a thing to think about, but as we have already learned to live with that, I would see it as a lower priority problem. Still, it could be worked on.