• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Change on Trader Fee and Trading Partners Limitation

Preator

We all know that the trader is a big issue, the deleted inactives did not solve the problem neither.

Although I didn't see any official statement about the "maximum 200 trading partners", I read that at several posts, so i believe there is that limit.

What I propose is, change the trader fee system, which currently applies a constant fee for all undiscovered cities. Instead, make the fee dependent on the distance.

First of all, remove that limit of 200. We will limit the number of trading partners some other way.

Think my discovered area as my borders, and in order to determine the fee, look at the distance between the trading partner's city and my closest border to them. The fee might be (distance * 10%).
Since we have eliminated the 200 limit, we don't want the trade list to be infinite (well, maybe we do :D), so we still need some limitation. That might not be a certain number, but let's say 10 units of distance which means 100% fee.

This might be still improved by the ability to upgrade the trader building, or some research on trading, both of which are suggested in other threads as well. The coefficient of 10% per distance might be decreased and/or the maximum allowed distance might be increased based on the level of the trader building and/or research.

Any ideas, improvements, changes, additions on this?

DeletedUser43

To be complete, here is the official statement about the amount of trading partners:
We're happy to announce an additional change to the release notes, which is in effect as of today:
  • The amount of possible trading partners has been increased to a maximum of 200 (was: 100), which should give you more available offers in the Trader

You're not alone in your idea to change the trader fee, as you've probably seen in the other "Trader" threads (e.g. the ones you mention about upgrading the trader). As a player, I personally like this idea to correlate the distance between the furthest discovered city and the trader's city with the trader fee (when there is still a limit somewhere), because the trader would then be a direct reflection of my own efforts. I'm wondering what other players think of this idea. :)

DeletedUser317

I fully agree with this idea, the limit may be the 400% fee, because the wholesaler have a 400% fee, so why pay more than the wholesaler?
As said the increase of the % of fee can be adjusted by the devs, because with a limit of 400% are 40 cities away, which i think is a little far away :D.
And think if the Trader can be upgraded the range can be even greater than 40 cities :).

P.S: I can not found the topic with an idea very similar (almost identical) to this one ( maybe a mission for @Lauwi? (she always found the correct topic :D ).

DeletedUser43

@Thuncal , I also thought there would be an already existing thread about this idea, but I couldn't find it. Perhaps it was mentioned briefly in one of the threads of the General Discussion (although I can't seem to find it in there either). The thread about researching and upgrading the trader (click) (especially posts #4 and #7) would be the closest one to this idea, but that doesn't completely cover the idea that we're discussing now. :)

Edit: I'm sorry, of course I meant @Eladamri . I always get confused with your avatars! :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thuncal ? What is he doing in there?
What I have retained in your idea is "the ability to upgrade the trader building".
It would be wonderful !