• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Change Dwarven Bulwark !!!

DeletedUser283

it may happen in elixir provinces that one encounter is 2 squads of necros
send 5 squads of swords and win
2 or 3 squads lost, but victory nonetheless ;)

DeletedUser

I erased my Bulwark as well-it was worse than useless- it was an obstacle.
I'm really liking the Swordfighters/Axe Barbarian as well ever since the dwarven upgrade. I've been experimenting a bit and adding them here and there- they are pretty good against golem/stein- especially if you have a sorceress in to dampen the golem. I did a few fights adding them in solely for the experience.
2b8ozt.jpg

1oxi4k.jpg
I went and found a territory like philplessis mentioned but I went with 4 sword+1 sorc
300w8bo.jpg
I position as far forward as possible while still out of range and try for a first hit, make a bee line for the golem/stein, hit what you can on the way. The 5 sword was silly but shows effectiveness and with the cost differential between them and Granite golem I'm trying to find ways to use less expensive troops.
The sword are good all around troops against thief,orc,dog, (especially as a sidekick to a treant or two), they are the troop of choice against necro and they are mobile enough to keep up with golem and less vulnerable than heavy melee against golem/stein and the cost is 10x cheaper than g.golem

CrazyWizard

Matches with a combination of archers/golems and light melee. treants are expensive cannonfodder here.
Or cerberus and golems, or cerberus, necromance. combinations where 1 unit you place will annihalate the other.

For example I fight 3 troups of steinling/golem and 1 troops cerberus.

1 of the cerberus units can reach spawnspot 2 of my units.

I place, sorceres, swordfighter, sorceres, sorceres, sorceres.

Round 1:
Sword fighter has first initiative and walks 2 quares north outside the range of the cerberus.
Cerberus attacks and fails to reach a target.
Golems move towards the player
My 4 Sorceress attack the cerberus (sorceres III does awesome damage and killing the cerberus damage)
(if possible running outside the range of the golems.

Round 2
My Swordfighter gets in for the kill/almost final blow.
The golems/steinlings retalliate decimating / killing the swordfighter unit.
1 sorceres units attacks the remains of the cerberus (if still alive)
3 units attack each of the golem units rendering them useless.

Round 3+
The sorceres units keep attacking all 3 golem units untill there dead.

I have now completed this fight by loosing only a bunch of easily and quickly replaced swordfighters, treant/golems or sorceres would have suffered more losses and slower to replace.

9 out of 1o times I use the swordfighter it's an initiative issue where the unit in range of the opponent would suffer to great losses before I can neutralise the target.

DeletedUser867

I use the high initiative Light Melee troops to attract enemy fire, while my ranged units do most of the damage.

One light melee and four ranged is a dandy way to take out Cannoneers, for example.

The Light Melee troop will take heavy losses, but they're tougher than any of the other unweighted units, while your ranged units will remain at full strength. If the center of the map is open, it's occasionally useful to hold back your Light Melee units, and thereby force the enemy troops to transit your kill zone in order to reach ANY of your troops.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

I tested this tactic extensively during this week's tournament
I am starting to appreciate the free sword acrobats from the bulwark :D

DeletedUser607

yes.

my standard tactic is: 1 sword dancer + 3 golems + 1 sorcerer

usually half the sword dancer squad is dead, everyone else is alive, and the match is won. and everything in auto-fight. higher tournaments are more likely to have higher tolls on troops.

DeletedUser1345

The later wonders are simply more powerful that the new early wonders. Endless Excavation gives more relics with each province ( as if I need more ) and fewer supplies daily than the Prosperity Tower gives in three hours. So beefing up the bulwark would not be out of balance. If you had not noticed, so far the bulwark needs more KP to level up than any other wonder so far.
My suggestion, let it provide an attack bonus to heavy melee units, somewhere on par to what the Needle of Tempest provides for light ranged. Simple solution, and will alleviate the buyer's remorse that will come when we will need to build high level armories that will negate the bulwark's main benefit. ( See innogames TV July episode. )

DeletedUser629

Timon has explained that they are currently looking to change the Bulwark a bit as many players said it's not powerful enough.

CrazyWizard

Yeah I now regret building the bullwark since I gave up a armoury for it.
Yet now the armoury seems to be better than the bullwark :(

I hope that "change" won't take a year like most "changes"

DeletedUser1345

It would be nice to know what the change is going to be. I would like to know whether to sell the bulwark or not to.