• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Change Dwarven Bulwark !!!

DeletedUser1405

The function of the Dwarven Bulwark should be changed - it should help you to recruit troops FASTER.

Most advanced players don´t need more and more "recruiting size" but "faster recruiting"!

It takes me 15 - 20 minutes to conquer a province (win 8 battles) and then I have to wait 1 - 2 days until I have enough troops back to conquer the next.

If the Dwarven Bullwark would increase recruiting speed - it would quickly become a favorite of every player.

*** I´m hoping to get lots of support for this suggestion from the player community ***

IVAN

DeletedUser1513

Don't understand the issue... the Dwarven Bulwark looks already quite powerfull.
You get extra training size (so maybe you can have one armory less and save that space) and you get extra battle troops.
So if you don't find it usefull, then don't build it.

Now it looks you've build it and just want to pimp it to become more powerful... That's what we call greed...

DeletedUser283

although I must admit that we definitely need faster barracks ;)
the current recruiting speed is appallingly slow, and we must recruit all troops through 1 single building ... :(

DeletedUser283

it does not : I cannot recruit golems while treants are in training, it is a queue system
and I know how armories work, thanks :D
now 4:40 to train 40 golems (=1 battlefield squad) is way too much considering that parallel recruitment is not available.

DeletedUser651

Now it looks you've build it and just want to pimp it to become more powerful... That's what we call greed...

Actually, it looks like a player has offered an excellent suggestion after getting a wonder and seeing that it isn't as useful as he thought and offering a way to make it more useful. All suggestions are encouraged and shouldn't be shamed.

I agree with the OP.

DeletedUser1513

At the end, and even quicker if the training speed is increased, the dwarven bulwark will get useless...
At a certain point defending armies will become too powerfull so you won't be able to beat them anymore with troops.
And trading will be the only option...

DeletedUser1405

Thanks for the discussion and input!

I actually LIKE the battles, and don´t want to gain land by trading. I have plenty of goods to do that, but I prefer to fight because that´s part of the fun playing elvenar. At the moment I train troops for about 24 - 48 hours, so I can fight for about 10 - 15 minutes, and then I have to start training news troops again. THAT is my issue. Am I the only one who would ENJOY more battles? Why are battles part of the game?

I believe that speeding up the recruiting process is absolutely necessary. It does not need to be via the Bulwark (that was just one idea I had), maybe it can be done through spells or something else ....

BUT WHY WOULD YOU KEEP PLAYERS FROM HAVING FUN, IF THEY LIKE TO FIGHT MORE BATTLES???

DeletedUser

We can divide most player issues into two groups: one regarding bugs, and the others often regarding the limited time we can spend playing.

Since we each have our own game style, we just tend to phrase suggestions / complaints differently. We want more content (i.e. more play time)...we want more units to fight (i.e. more play time)...we want more land expansions (i.e. more play time via builds)...we want to "flip" (i.e. we want more play time)...It all just says, "we like your game and want to play it". Those of us who feel more strongly say, "we like our game and don't appreciate being kept from playing it."

It can come across as though we're impatient kids expecting instant gratification - but this just a matter of semantics. Many of us happily settled for "flipping", just for active play time. We'd settle for practice fighting without reward, just so we could mess around with our armies. We'd settle for using goods to purchase a reduction in scouting times (resulting in rewards we can't use now but would prove handy later). We'd settle for small modifications to give us something to do while we're waiting on substantive content. But rather than find ways to facilitate play time, we see a trend of small changes that limit play time.

I'm not a programmer - so I can't make a suggestion as to why play time might need to be limited. It just seems damn crazy for a business to capture the interests of consumers, then reverse course and frustrate us rather than capitalize on our level of interest. Why go to the trouble of creating a game and finding avid players, only to dissuade them from their passionate pursuit?

There must be an underlying technical or financial cause. Or I'm mistaken, and this type of limitation is common within gaming?

DeletedUser607

There is something else that would make the Dwarven Bulwark outstanding.

How about increasing the squad size, reducing scouting costs and so?

Because currently I'm at the limit, that I just can't win some fights, and even worse, that I just can't afford scouting the provinces (province cost >6 million coins). Those 9 sword dancers every 3 hours... who cares about them. Especially since the production does not just run over night, but they want to be picked up every 3 hours.

DeletedUser1405

I agree with Juni. The production of a few sword dancers (elven race) does not help much - with a squad size of 240 it takes days to collect just one squad. Considering my opponents that I´m facing, this squad of sword dancers will die within seconds!

It´s actually only useful for beginning players who still use sword dancers and archers. I can´t use them anymore because they don´t stand a chance - last time I tried they where slaughtered. Fight lost!

The two most helpful features advanced players need is: FASTER RECRUITING and/or LARGER SQUAD SIZE

Without these two keeping up with the fighting NPC will become impossible, because they keep getting stronger and stronger.

DeletedUser

I would like to see the type of troops change and be randomized so that you get 9 of (X) troops every pick up at level one. I also think a random Bonus collection where you get 1 full squad every once in a while would be a treat- or perhaps a spell that increases pickups by X% for a span of 10 hours with the percentage equal to an amount that by level 10 you get a full 1-3 squads if you make all 3 pick ups in a timely manner.

DeletedUser1527

+32 SD/3hours - too minor bonus for AW 10lvl...
its only 10% from barrack's training - 300 SD/3hours... its like nothing now...
boost it up PLS!.. or at least change the time of collection from 3 hours to 24!..
well, I enter the game only 2 times a day... and collecting only 64 SD per day from AW 10lvl is really annoying...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1362

dwarven boulwark and monastry are quite useless
its better to make 1 more armory then the boulwark
plus the sword dancers are squashable like flies - so its pointless to produce them.
the health bonu is also a joke on level 10 and 11 - tried many configs of army and all died with defeat.

same goes for monastry - new age is on and the building give more culture then monatsry @ 10 level - so until bulwark and monastry wont be changed drastoicly i wont build them

and my POSt IS A FACT! not opnion

DeletedUser867

plus the sword dancers are squashable like flies - so its pointless to produce them.
Sword Dancer have very high initiative. They work wonderfully well as a lure for the Steinlings and other units, which allows your Archers and other units to get a couple of rounds into the fight before they take any damage.

cannoneer.png

And the various AW provide secondary benefits as well, such as population and culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser607

well, regarding the sword dancers, yes, true, they are just like flies, but it's still a pita to train them. something that gives them for free is nice.

the monastry is not as useless aswell, the value of extra life sounds minimal, but it makes quite a difference.

DeletedUser1075

I don't have any more battles that the swords can effectively help with. They uniformly die on the first volley. So the bulwark is useless as far as I can see.

The martial monastery is a disappointment. I'm not able to see the difference the extra health makes in any battle, and it now has lower culture per square than I can get from two of the cultural buildings available in the new age.

These buildings are supposed to be "wonders" - and they are not. Kinda sad. It would be great if their benefits would track with the improvements we get as we ascend the tech tree.

DeletedUser1362

I don't have any more battles that the swords can effectively help with. They uniformly die on the first volley. So the bulwark is useless as far as I can see.

The martial monastery is a disappointment. I'm not able to see the difference the extra health makes in any battle, and it now has lower culture per square than I can get from two of the cultural buildings available in the new age.

These buildings are supposed to be "wonders" - and they are not. Kinda sad. It would be great if their benefits would track with the improvements we get as we ascend the tech tree.

I totaly agree

CrazyWizard

While the bullwark stays useless, I have actually started building swordfighters again.
Sometimes there the perfect easy replacable cannonfodder, and I also found some fight combinations where it's actually the preferred unit.

DeletedUser1075

While the bullwark stays useless, I have actually started building swordfighters again.
Sometimes there the perfect easy replacable cannonfodder, and I also found some fight combinations where it's actually the preferred unit.

Can you share more details? I'm curious. I found them passable in the tournaments, but otherwise still useless.