• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Challenges

Calenmir

Well it's definitely easy! No extra effort required, just do what you would normally do and reap the rewards as you progress. I had no idea what happened this morning when I came in, collected my 6 workshops (which were set last night for Basket of Groceries, and POOF I got a prize. Everyday should be so nice.

I hope I get this right (??): I thought I remember seeing the tournie was cancelled so something could be tested. I do hope that when or if these events come around again, it won't be at the expense of the tournament. And if it does impact tournament play can they perhaps be run in the short time period when the tournament isn't playing? Either start right after the tournament ends or on the day after. Run for two days and require less point collecting? Now I DO VERY MUCH apologize if I got all this wrong about the reason for no tournament and in that case - please just ignore. lol

iDavis

I just can imagine this quest system used in FA.. :)

EL-mini-akcia-v-zva-produkcie-3-9-2019.png

instead of banners behind badges could be also some little progress bars :)

edeba

Not worth it. My magic academy is dead in 20 days because of running out of the surplus of dust relics I've slowly managed to accumulate.

So we don't get the 10 chest bonus of 20 bonus relics, 135kp, a blueprint, 6 MM, 5 PoP, 1 IM, 8 runes, 3 EE plus all of the tournament rewards from each province we do for a few spell fragments and space waster that takes 100 days to get 100 kp?

edeba

That does not make up that canceling a tournament does not equally affect players. canceling a marble, steel, plank, crystal, silk, elixir or gem tournament would not trash my paid for fully upgraded magic academy for lack of relics to continue to run it.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback so far. Just to clarify: The challenges are not meant to replace the tournaments. They'll soon run together simultaneously :)

Dony

King of Bugs
you should stop trolling with that relic issue, you had many years to accumulate enough and if for some reason you didnt till now, you will have plenty of years to come to do so

CrazyWizard

Could @Marindor maybe clarify what the purpose of this feature is?

I Like to know how they intend to roll this feature out.
Wil is be an addition or replacement of something else.
What is the intended frequency?

ect.
I like to have more background information

Karvest

And what about third setup (or we should call it first, since it appeared before others)? It looks way easier to finish and have way better prizes.

SoggyShorts

and what about players with Magic workshops? Usually the amount of workshops they have is smaller, since they don´t need so much of them. And in the case of this challenge, it seems like a disadvantage for them
Players with magic buildings should have more extra room.
I like having no quests to decline, depending on what you get, it is automatically taken into account (it would be nice this principle for adventures :rolleyes:).
This is exactly what we want in the FA. Now inno has proved that they know how to do it.

edeba

And when did you become an expert on when I started playing beta? And who are you to marginalize this problem? And who are you to tell me what I should do?

I have up to 1800 relics for tournaments that I don't need because I don't use them. I have 20 days worth of dust relics left because I use them.

Right now this crafting challenge is unimpressive, but the idea has great potential.

The good about it is that the bar is cumulative for whatever you do.

I think the metals for using a spell is low, and perhaps just low for the MM and IM, which have double the time and relic cost to make compared to the EE and PoP, so the MM and IM should give 20 metals.

The time remaining counter on the pop-up should give days and hours, and then go to hours and minutes for the last day.

This challenge could have levels implemented into it, an individual level, f/s level and a global level.

So we see the individual level, which I find unimpressive, but as a bonus to a bigger event, maybe. I would much rather we just get 100kp straight up than having to find a place for a piece and collect daily to get our kp. I do not much care for these expiring buildings that you have to collect from daily and I am playing to avoid them.

So a f/s layer would track the total usage for the f/s and have extra bonus based on total f/s involvement, and some top f/s prizes, maybe 500, 300 and then 100 ranking points for the players for the top 3 f/s. I do not at all like the 15k ranking points to the f/s from the FA. Players earn that and it should be divided among the players, not left behind when you join a different f/s.

To get into the global arena, set a minimum metals collected to have that open to players, maybe 2000 metals based on this current model, and then have global prize targets, but also have top 10 individual prizes.

If you were only doing 10 individual prizes, you could make the prizes very attractive. With the FA and top fellowship, there is 25 of each prize given, so 3 very nice top 3 prizes is 75 prizes. Top 10 for individuals with 3 very nice top 3 can be very nice because global makes it rare. So, I would suggest rotating through the sets that people generally had to purchase extra event items to obtain for the top 3 prizes and maybe the mana huts for the 4-10 prizes, and say 100 kp for 11-50, and 30 kp for 51 to 100th place.

I suspect there would be overlap between top f/s and top players, but ultimately someone who is not in an active f/s would have the opportunity to compete fairly for the top individual prizes.

you should stop trolling with that relic issue, you had many years to accumulate enough and if for some reason you didnt till now, you will have plenty of years to come to do so

iDavis

@SoggyShorts that was a good one. :D So you think that players with magic buildings are having several expansions empty just because they saved a space by these buildings? No, they filled it by other buildings and have to destroy them as well as others.

edeba

I completely agree with this. It is really going to depend on how much space you have and how you prioritize that space. If you have magic workshops to use space more efficiently and to increase resources over all, you just aren't going to have empty space.

The last FA on live we had many players sell buildings to free up space, but I seriously can't see doing that for this.

And what about players with Magic workshops? Usually the amount of workshops they have is smaller, since they don´t need so much of them. And in the case of this challenge, it seems like a disadvantage for them..

SoggyShorts

f you were only doing 10 individual prizes, you could make the prizes very attractive. With the FA and top fellowship, there is 25 of each prize given, so 3 very nice top 3 prizes is 75 prizes. Top 10 for individuals with 3 very nice top 3 can be very nice because global makes it rare. So, I would suggest rotating through the sets that people generally had to purchase extra event items to obtain for the top 3 prizes and maybe the mana huts for the 4-10 prizes, and say 100 kp for 11-50, and 30 kp for 51 to 100th place.
Boooo hisssss! No please, many players chose Elvenar because it is not PvP, and those of us do NOT want FA style ranking prizes where it's the same 3 super fellowships at the top and fellowships who haven't spent $1,000s on their cities have no hope of competing.
If you want to add FS and Global aspects, make the rewards progress based, not ranking based.
If I perform action X I should get reward Y

@SoggyShorts that was a good one. :D So you think that players with magic buildings are having several expansions empty just because they saved a space by these buildings? No, they filled it by other buildings and have to destroy them as well as others.
Of course not, but I know for a fact that if you have magic buildings you can have a more efficient city-- what you decide to do with that space is up to you. Quests or event that ask for workshop productions are not easier for players who have less efficient cities.

DeletedUser2544

Too many klicks ! Thank you, not for me!

I want the tournament back !

Marindor

Could @Marindor maybe clarify what the purpose of this feature is?

I Like to know how they intend to roll this feature out.
Wil is be an addition or replacement of something else.
What is the intended frequency?

ect.
I like to have more background information

It will be an addition to give players the chance to earn some extra stuff when they choose to play a little more actively during the times between events. :) I don't know about the exact intended frequency, but we can plan them in quiet times, to give players a little extra incentive. We will have multiple types of challenges, the Craftmen's Challenge being the first of that, and as you noticed, we're currently testing 2 different setups (in terms of medals) to see what works best. :)

About the whole Relic thingy: Yes, it's true that at the moment on Beta we had to remove the tournaments for now to make room for testing the Challenges and no, we're not going to "compensate" for any estimated number of missed relics. The goal is to have Tournaments and Challenges run simultaneously when it gets to Live :)

Richord

ok, but why not give us that info up front? That would have saved a lot of useless replies (looking back)
So; feedback; when you know these kinds of things with new stuff to be tested; put it in the release or so :)

edeba

Where do you get this? Anyone can compete with this crafting idea. You've quoted what I am suggesting for individual effort as prizes for a collective FS effort. I suggested 500, 300 and 100 ranking points for people in the top 3 FS.

My FS on live won the last FA because collectively the strategies we employed was selling over 100 buildings to make space, delaying working on the next chapter to keep guest race space free, making the effort to click through all of those badges to collect where possible, planning as a group and making fairly efficient use of the total of our FS open space for the goal of making and using badges efficiently. Winning the FA is about having very good teamwork and willing to make step up for the team. I was a few weeks after the last FA rebuilding buildings and I found the goods cost for rebuilding to be high.

With this crafting challenge I've suggested a marginal prize for top FS, and a nice prizes for individual play. Any individual player can sell a bunch of buildings and make room for a massive number of workshops to complete for what I've suggested as individual prizes.

This list below is what I've suggested for individual effort, not FS effort.

I would suggest rotating through the sets that people generally had to purchase extra event items to obtain for the top 3 prizes and maybe the mana huts for the 4-10 prizes, and say 100 kp for 11-50, and 30 kp for 51 to 100th place.

Boooo hisssss! No please, many players chose Elvenar because it is not PvP, and those of us do NOT want FA style ranking prizes where it's the same 3 super fellowships at the top and fellowships who haven't spent $1,000s on their cities have no hope of competing.
If you want to add FS and Global aspects, make the rewards progress based, not ranking based.
If I perform action X I should get reward Y

SoggyShorts

Where do you get this? Anyone can compete with this crafting idea.
Nonsense. I have no desire to see an event where players with 110 expansions are competing with players who have 132 expansions.

I simply don't want limited prizes. Make it like the tournament where if you do this, you get that. No funny business where someone else who you don't even know can ruin your results.

Make it all just ranking points and I won't care, but if it's even a single 1-minute timer instant, forget it.

Last edited:

Calenmir

So I was thinking about the rewards for the spells. The spells are not equal in length of time, so perhaps the reward should reflect this. For instance, 10 for PoP, 12-15 for MM, 15-20 (or more) for EE & IM. I know that sounds a smidge greedy, but you reflect this same thought in the rewards based on production time of workshops. ??