• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Catering costs are out of control!

DeletedUser1397

Hey all,

With the most recent guest race comes 3 mandatory squad size upgrades, and with those upgrades comes an increase of ~56% to catering costs.

The guest race has not brought anywhere close to a 56% increase in goods production. How can the developers justify a guest race that leaves top players less competitive than before?

Squad size upgrades and catering costs need to be fixed.

SoggyShorts

With the most recent guest race comes 3 mandatory squad size upgrades, and with those upgrades comes an increase of ~56% to catering costs.
I'm not sure that's right...
I'll be going from 1629 to 2001 SS, and that should equal a 22.8 increase.
For players who have not skipped as many SS techs as I have, the percent increase should be much lower.

How'd you get the number 56%?

DeletedUser332

I'm not sure that's right...
I'll be going from 1629 to 2001 SS, and that should equal a 22.8 increase.
For players who have not skipped as many SS techs as I have, the percent increase should be much lower.

How'd you get the number 56%?

To be fair, they did say 'catering costs'. Wasn't it discovered or at least a possibility that the increase to catering costs per research was much larger than the corresponding increase to squad size?

Or perhaps they did just goof the number somewhere!

DeletedUser1397

I may have overestimated the increase, but a 20% increase in squad size is approximately a 40% increase in catering costs.

We are not achieving anywhere close to a 40% increase in goods production, so we are less competitive than lesser progressed players.

You cannot have catering costs increasing faster than your goods production, it should either be the inverse or they should remain equal. Otherwise, you have players progressing in the game only to be weaker in tournaments.

I've never played another game where your city or character gets worse and less competitive over time.

SoggyShorts

I may have overestimated the increase, but a 20% increase in squad size is approximately a 40% increase in catering costs.
That can't be true... at least not consistently.
You start with SS 6
First tech increases your SS from 6 to 9, a 50% increase. If goods increases are double, that means a 100% increase in catering costs.

Taking it further, from SS 6 to the max SS 2844 is a 47,300% increase.
but if the catering costs are increasing at double the rate for each of the 43 SS techs, then by SS 2844 the goods cost would increase by 7,152,824%
Yes, 7 million percent.

I've checked it 3 times. Once I found catering to increase by 16% when SS increased by 8% so it looked like double, but I only checked 2 provinces (8 total encounters)
The next 2 times I checked 10 provinces (40 encounters) and it was an equal increase. So either I screwed up the first time or there is a more complex formula at work.

DeletedUser1953

I see the same, at the end of the orc, E24 => 684, E27 => 765 (E25 & E26 not developed), 12% squad increase but 22% cathering cost increase.
It seems that the game want us to stop at the mid sorcerer, after the cathering increase more rapidly than the production of ressource.

For elemental, but i am not there, it seems awfull, production decrease (need room), cathering cost increase !

I think it is the goal of inno, old players must quit the game, because they does not buy extension (too expensive) and they increase cost development (need new race).

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

catering cost increase is not linear. it have at least 4 stages:
1. switch from gold+supplies+t1 to supplies+t1+t2
2. switch to t1+t2+t3 in proportions 3x2x1 (near ~300 SS)
3. switch to t1+t2+t3 with equal amount of different tiers (not sure if it's triggered at once or divided to different substages, just hit stage 2 here)
4. added orcs.

Heymrdiedier

i think its pretty linear.

Maybe some coding wizard can make an application that tracks how much goods you've spend.
Im more then willing to track my troopsize compared to good costs for 10 or more provinces, but im not looking forward to counting it all ^^
so some program that would just moniter what ive spent....

EDIT silly me, i just realise i could just look at the amount of goods i have before and after i catered all, and i could see.

Ill start some tracking from now on on different accounts with different squad size

Karvest

during switches it's 100% not linear.
I'll continue to gather my stats on cater changes, but next SS upgrade would be between tournaments, so it will be skipped from that stats...
From the other side I can just wrap different goods by tier and gather wrapped stats even for different tourneys, stars and province numbers, that probably would be more useful. Need to think of proper view for all that stuff