• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Carnival

DeletedUser2632

Even with double days it was never guaranteed you'd get all GPs without diamonds. You still had to work at picking event items and open the correct chests, thus, the usefulness of charts like those Pheryll always puts out. Also, it had always been a choice between daily prize and grand prizes unless you were willing to part with some cash, which was a balanced approach.

If this event started out as "do as like, you'll get the grand prize" and they dialed it back to "choose wisely and you'll get the grand prize", nothing has really changed. On the other hand, if it were a flat out giveaway (do anything and you'll still get the prize), that would be too easy. It's funny how you, @SoggyShorts, of all people, who advocates for some level of challenge and effort in the game, are now rooting for a giveaway

As for the prizes, I don't know, I think they are still pretty decent. Aren't there the mana huts, which again Soggy you have been telling people to get? They weren't offered in the winter event, so I'm glad they are this time. And the blue tree enclosure is excellent culture as well. Several of the floats also give the same amount of population plus additional culture, for less space than a standard residence (I'm using Amuni stats). The grand prize obviously isn't "haxxor good" but are you sure it's really "not at all good" ?

Some of the non-building prizes are also pretty good imo. 3 x 20 hrs timer instant? That's 60hrs saved, a BIG deal especially at endgame! 20% portal profit? I haven't even seen anything better than 15% in crafting and even that takes a LOT to craft. We're not even through with the prizes yet, and we know that it usually gets better toward the end. In fact, not even counting the GPs, there are already enough daily prizes I want that I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding which to go for. I do consider myself to be more on the "power player" end of the spectrum - I buy magic buildings, expansions, I caught up to the endgame from scratch in 18 months and I get 3,000+ tourney points, most times closer to 4,000 every week since July last year. I have L5 BH and MA and my MA is running all the time, if not making MM then CC spells and even then I find myself forgoing crafts at times because I don't have enough CCs. If these prizes are a big help for a player like me, I think it should work for the average player too.

So come now, lol. If you're really going to trash an event, I expect better criticisms. All that has been thrown out so far simply makes it look like you are sour because you didn't get what you hoped for.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

1. I told someone to get Mana Huts instead of the maze of dark matter, that is a very specific instance.
2. As I said on live a little tweak would have been fine, but I think they went too far.
3. It's not "everyone gets the prize just for showing up" if the prerequisite is completing 100% of all quests. I have always consistently been an advocate for if I do this I get that.
4. Getting instants as prizes while undoubtably useful is not terribly exciting even if you got 10 times 20 hours it would still not blow my hair back. Unique or powerful buildings are more interesting imo.
5. I'm pretty sure blowing all your currency on Double days in previous events did in fact guarantee the grand prize sets(99.9% = guaranteed in my books)

Edit: your amazement with the 20% portal profit instant is unfounded, we used to win trading posts that gave 120% portal profit.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
we can now argue that this statement is not true anymore, especially after all the nerfs, i got around the same amount of prizes/grand prizes in previous events then this pre-nerf event, after nerf it would be far less

With the price in Flags of the Grand Prizes being different than before, there won't be days on which you can get double Flags, as we had with similar events in the past: you will be able to gain more Grand Prizes, even without them, though!

DeletedUser2632

Lol Soggy, I remember you saying some time back that the mana hut was the ideal type of building because of the 24h max with 6h early collect. In fact it was due to what you said that I took note of this building, because before I just felt it was an ugly, unproductive throwaway item. Coupled with one of the highest mana/square/hour among all mana producers in the game, surely it is good for more than substituting the Maze.

Some non-set mana buildings (Amuni stats):
Mana Hut: 68.75 mana per square per hour (msh), maxed in 24h
Cat Theater (premium): 61.7 msh, maxed in 10h
Mana sawmill: 45.83 msh, maxed in 6h
Parade bridge (premium): 40.4 msh, maxed in 16h
Torch Fountain: 33.3 msh, maxed in 6h
Fallen Brother: 25.9 msh maxed in 9h

Mana Hut outperforms regular buildings and even premium buildings.

How about culture:

Scarab Merchant Ship (premium): 1,178/sq
Blue Tree Enclosure: 889/sq
Torrin (premium): 776/sq
Temple of the Elements (premium): 766/sq
Cafe Masquerade: 433/sq
Magic Maze: 333/sq
Fallen Brother: 325/sq

The tree outperforms all non-premium culture by a mile, and keeps pace with the best of them premium ones

Portal profit 120% is ultra good doesn't make PP 20% un-good. As far as I'm concerned the best I can get outside of events is 15% from crafting and that takes time AND luck AND a lot of fragments + CC

20h may not mean much to you if you are not really pushing for anything. For me, it means that many more troops for tourney, that much faster scouting (I'm far from 457) and that much quicker building

I'm not even going to mention the pop+culture hybrids 'cos I think this post is already too long. In short, I don't think the event is such a let down as you and some others make it out to be

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

Mana Hut was awesome before last winter event. Now sets give much more profit. And I didn't even tried to get mana hut on this event cause I don't need more mana at all.
For the pop+culture, current event prizes are also average. The only reason they worth placing is new chapter arrived just before event and they can replace event buildings from previous chapters to save RRs for sets due to very limited income of RRs.

SoggyShorts

Lol Soggy, I remember you saying some time back that the mana hut was...
Yeah, it WAS great, then it turned out that inno was very generous with set buildings for mana and those huts. No one who heeded my advice months ago and grabbed mana huts should need more of them. Especially since chapters 13&14 hardly ask for any.
There's a late seeds building that is pretty much a festival merchant this event too, which is nice for anyone in chapter 11 or 12, but otherwise not helpful.
Culture as always remains a "meh" stat that is very very easy to have enough of without ever getting it from event buildings.
The hybrids are decent because, as karvest points out, we got a new chapter.
I'm sure many players will find a daily to go for, I just can't find one that excites me at all, and that's a first in over 30 months of playing.

Again, I'm not saying that the event overall is bad I just disapprove of going backwards and making the grand prizes a premium feature after they found a fair way for the last 5(?) events.

Also the way they did it meant that very little evaluation was done on the carnival set itself because who's going to bother figuring out whether it's any good if you're guaranteed to get it? So AFAIK, no feedback on the set going in to live.

Edit: what's the math on it now? 15 candies a day plus completing all quests and opening the right chests is on average exactly enough to get the full set? So anyone with below-average luck winning candies from chests will fail? I think too many players have below average luck for me to endorse this system.
Edit2: the above numbers arent mine, I'm in mobile only for a bit, and relying on others.
Maybe there is a better number out there:
What are your odds of getting the full set if
1. You do all quests
2. You are never afk more than 10 consecutive hours (missing 4 candy spawns per day)
3. You pick the "right boxes "

If that number is 99% or higher, then I take everything back. They get you for diamonds to skip quests, and for expansions and for speeding things up. Having a significant number of players fall just short of the full set through no fault of their own creating the choice between RL cash and disenchanting 4/5 of a set is ugly.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2378

I'm only on #66 of the Sequential Quests. I'm not a big events person (and I don't go for sets), only because I don't have the time or commitment to focus on completing everything... and because I've been playing since the early days on the live worlds, I'm stubbornly set on using chapter culture, etc. in my towns more often than not (just a personal preference).

That said, I've been pretty blown away by the amount of event rewards I HAVE won in the Carnival. I can definitely see why they re-balanced for the live worlds...and added in the $10 Candy Booster (which should have remained $5, lol).

I've been able to disenchant many of the prizes received, because I won't use them in my town.

Here's what I've received for this event (off the top of my head): 2 Orcish Floats, 2 Elven Floats, 2 Tree Enclosures, 2 Flower Floats, Loads of Portal Profits, many coin rainfalls, many time boosters, several supply rainfalls, a Wishing Well, a Dragon Float, lots of KP, 2 Gothic Unicorns, the Banquet, Revelers Fountain, Ferris Wheel, Monument of Ancient Knowledge and the Trading Outpost.

I know that prizes vary for everyone... but even without the daily exclusives, that's still a TON of prizes that I've received for very little effort. So with that, my opinion is that this has been a really fun, easy and very beneficial event. :)

DeletedUser2632

That's good to hear! I most likely will be going for the timer instants, mana hut and/or blue tree enclosure, if nothing else better comes up in the final few daily prizes

Maillie

I do like this event format much better. I am definitely not a lucky person, and I like to earn things, rather than to try and try again, and again, and not get anything useful. I remember the days when we had chests with many different things we might win. I usually got relics, then more relics. This is a vast improvement as far as I'm concerned. If I put the effort into collecting candy and doing the quests I actually get something for my time spent. Hard for me to find any complaints about the format. The nerf went too far would be my complaint.

Potvorisko

Today, I finished all sequential quests on live, and I still miss 32 flags to get the last set building. I am still not sure, if I could get it until the end of event. I am deeply disapointed...what have you tested on us here on beta, when now it is totally insane on live? Really dont like it and I find myself not that demanding kind of player...:(