• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Can't upgrade Temple of the Dunes when prestige is negative

DeletedUser1704

Game version: v1.64-(a8e29320c)-(master) (2018-09-20 12:15)
HTML5 Yes/No:Yes
Game world: zz1
Browser: Firefox 60.0.2
Operating System: MacOS 10.13
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: ulrichsg
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
I have a level 3 Temple of the Dunes with all four Pillars attached to it. Because level 4 is bigger than level 3, I have to move two pillars away from it temporarily before I can upgrade. However, when I do that, the Upgrade button becomes grayed out – I suspect this is because detaching the pillars causes the temple's prestige to drop below 0.

Expected situation:
We should be able to upgrade the temple regardless of its current prestige.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Have a temple (not max level) with pillars attached to it and low prestige
2. Move enough pillars away to make the prestige go negative
3. Observe that the temple's upgrade button is deactivated

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
i can confirm the behavior, however i need to have this checked by gamedesign if this is maybe intentional

DeletedUser1704

I hope not. That would make this guest race even harder than it already is...

Deleted User - 8093

I have the same problem when upgrading from level 2 to 3 and hope it is not intentional...
Otherwise I would have to delete 2 Goldsmiths or Trap Makers...

Marindor

We have checked this and it's currently working as intended, so not a bug. However, your experiences have been passed on as feedback to our Game Design team :)

DeletedUser408

This is bogus i am trying to upgrade to dunes level 4 i have room but must move a few attached items to make the room for 9x7, So you are saying i must delete traps and goldsmiths? This might be the last straw for me in this game really. Elvenar still has not done like FOE where you can move on top of items and it picks up the other item, Deleting other traps and goldsmiths that was asked but quests to put down and upgrade to then get dunes to final sizes makes no sense, this is rediculous

DeletedUser408

the negative impact is temporary at best to upgrade the stupid thing, can programers not allow an override when upgrading, I mean seriously this is dumb design, or shall i say yeet another dumb design not well planned

DeletedUser408

i had to delete a lvl 3 trap maker, Inno should go back in my city and upgrade it to lvl 3 again to make this correct, but i doubt that

Deleted User - 8093

The bahavior on smartphone is not the same, it is possible to upgrade the Temple of the Dunes even if the prestige is negative...