• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Can't log in with Chrome

DeletedUser1681

Ok, there was a thread about not being able to log in with FF and that problem was solved. I have another prob, but with Chrome.

A couple of days ago Chrome decided it didn't like Elvenar anymore (or is it Flash). When I filled my log in data, click the gameworld etc I get a white page telling me to right click to execute Flash - no problem, I've had that before and it eventually starts working (my city loads). But this time nothing doing - I've checked the settings page > Flash and it's set to run (Elvenar amongst the pages supposed to be accepted) but just can't get it to work. I've uninstalled and re-installed Chrome.
I've installed the latest Flash from Adobes page (to get FF working), tried to google for help (everything seems to be ok) but nope, Chrome doesn't co-operate. And btw it does seem to be a problem with Flash, some other pages using Flash behave in the same manner.

I like to do an extensive neighbourhood round and Chrome is the only browser that has been able to handle that, I can log in and update the city with other browsers but I'd like to have Chrome back online too. Any ideas ??

DeletedUser1777

Did you try Incognito Mode?
Which version of Chrome and Flash are you using?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is an built in Flash in Chrome. So even when it worked for you in FF, it's a different Flash in Chrome.
Some players described troubles with 32bit and some with 64bit versions of the browser. So if you are using 32bit it might help to try 64bit.

I'm no nerd, but maybe it helps *crossingfingers* :)

DeletedUser1681

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is an built in Flash in Chrome...
There is indeed, and I found advice how to (re)install a Chrome spesific version of it. Chrome info showed that I did have Flash installed and claimed that there was no update but it just didn't work - after I re-installed Chrome version of Flash it started working. For some reason Chrome acted like there was no Flash - there was some talk of security update of Flash in FF thread so... maybe that's it.

I'm a little disappointed that Chrome didn't in any way (other than simply not working) hint that I needed to re-install Flash, but then again there has been talk about Google ditching Flash... I dunno. But for the time being I think that I'll decide myself whether I play games using Flash or not.

Wowwie

able for Chrome

ON THIS PAGE

Applies to: Flash Player
Last Published: April 13, 2017
Enable Adobe Flash Player for use in the Google Chrome web browser.
Mac OS
  1. In the address bar, type chrome://settings/content.
    mac-chrome-1.jpg

Type chrome://settings/content in the Chrome address bar

2. On the Content settings screen, find the Flash Player listing. Check the status.

mac-chrome-2.jpg

The Content settings screen

3. Select Allow sites to run Flash, and then click Done.

mac-chrome-3.jpg

The Flash section of the Content settings screen

4. To manage Flash Player settings by site, click Manage exceptions.

mac-chrome-4.jpg

Click Manage exceptions to manage Flash Player settings on a per-site basis

5. On the Flash exceptions screen, enter the website domain and then choose Allow. When finished adding sites, click Done.

mac-chrome-5.jpg

The Flash exceptions screen

6. Close the Content settings screen.
Windows
  1. In the address bar, type chrome://settings/content.

win-chrome-1.JPG

Type chrome://settings/content in the address bar

2. On the Content settings screen, find the Flash Player listing. Check the status.

win-chrome-2.JPG

The Content settings screen

3. Select Allow sites to run Flash, and then click Done.

win-chrome-3.JPG

The Flash section of the Content settings screen

4. To manage Flash Player settings by site, click Manage exceptions.

win-chrome-4.JPG

Click Manage exceptions to manage Flash Player settings on a per-site basis

5. On the Flash exceptions screen, enter the website domain and then choose Allow. When finished adding sites, click Done.

win-chrome-5.JPG

The Flash exceptions screen

6. Close the Content settings screen.