• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Can we have separate tabs for Visits and Trades???

Enevhar Aldarion

I made this comment over on the US forum and realized I had not done so here too, but I am doubtful Inno will do anything.

I think I have realized why Inno refuses to do this, even with all the requests for this on all the forums, and even after the movement and increased visits for everyone. Inno has always wanted people logging into the game as many times a day as they can because that means more chances for people to spend money on the game. I have already split my visiting into two or three batches per day, rather than the once daily visits I used to do for everyone, but I log in several times a day anyway, so I am not their target with this.

Alcaro

Those who have the notification tray full of Merchants' trades are already very active (meaning they log in countless times every day), otherwise they couldn't get almost 60 notifications/ day. I honestly don't see any relation between Inno's hunger for money and notifications. Beside hiring the Premium Merchants, there's not much where one can spend money.

ekarat

I don't understand this. I have 15% of my notifications being merchant trades. I have 23% normal trade notifications and 62% visits. I'm not seeing a problem in my own city.

You have at most 5 merchants, and they take 6 hours to come back, so that's at most 20 notifications per day, unless you make popular trades. (I'm boosted in the least popular T7 good.) But if your trades are popular, there should be listings you can take instead of just relying on the merchant.

Ultimately, that's one of the flaws with the math here -- it assumes you don't accept any trades but instead only post them. The other big flaw is that those trades don't have to happen all on one day. (I certainly can't get enough materials for 10 towers in one day, and if I did, I would happily accept a full log of notifications.)

I still just don't see how this can be a problem.

FieryArien

You have at most 5 merchants, and they take 6 hours to come back, so that's at most 20 notifications per day, unless you make popular trades. (I'm boosted in the least popular T7 good.) But if your trades are popular, there should be listings you can take instead of just relying on the merchant.

Ultimately, that's one of the flaws with the math here -- it assumes you don't accept any trades but instead only post them.
Sorry, but this “flaw” is called “consideration for other players”.
If you have the most desirable boost and you take a trade (marked with the hat at least I hope), the odds of that person being online and being able to use the just freed merchant again are pretty slim. Most of the time this action doesn’t help anyone and it doesn’t help the market.
On the other hand, if you send out your merchants, go about collecting and re-running productions in your city while keeping an eye on notifications to send your merchants again when they are accepted, you just helped someone. (If you need more goods and must leave, of course you can take the rest from the posted trades, but if you do this posting every time you collect your production, you usually don’t even need to.)

Karvest

After my last relocation I get more NH than can fit in 10 pages of notifications without any trades at all. Only "yellow hands" will take 11-12 pages, those who gave me NH within last 2 days - 15 pages, last month - 17 pages... here on beta, where players are way less active than on live servers, and far from the center (-30, 58) with 61 goldmines around me...

ekarat

Sorry, but this “flaw” is called “consideration for other players”.
If you have the most desirable boost and you take a trade (marked with the hat at least I hope), the odds of that person being online and being able to use the just freed merchant again are pretty slim. Most of the time this action doesn’t help anyone and it doesn’t help the market.
On the other hand, if you send out your merchants, go about collecting and re-running productions in your city while keeping an eye on notifications to send your merchants again when they are accepted, you just helped someone. (If you need more goods and must leave, of course you can take the rest from the posted trades, but if you do this posting every time you collect your production, you usually don’t even need to.)

I've argued on other threads that this picture is just wrong. I will benefit more if you take my trade than if you post new ones that I will never see.

If you accept my trade, you are helping me and being considerate. If you send a merchant, then you are not helping me. Please take my trade instead.

Good to know that the "problem" in this thread is self-inflicted.

FieryArien

I've argued on other threads that this picture is just wrong. I will benefit more if you take my trade than if you post new ones that I will never see.

If you accept my trade, you are helping me and being considerate. If you send a merchant, then you are not helping me. Please take my trade instead.

Good to know that the "problem" in this thread is self-inflicted.
If I wanted to help you specifically, I’d set a “date” with you and exchanged goods in bulk. That’s what my teammate did for me in last chapter. ;)
I just don’t see how is it helping if I take a trade and the person comes online only when the merchant would be back anyway. On the other hand if I post a trade, someone takes it and it’s literally one less merchant that person needs to send. (We are still talking the “my goods is in highest demand” scenario.)