• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Can no longer play multiple cities at once

UlyssesBlue

Game version: Beta server: ??? Live server: v1.92.3-(c21d02b) (2019-11-18 12:10)
HTML5 Yes/No: No
Game world: en3 & Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox 70.0.1
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.293
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1440 x 900
Account name: UlyssesBlue (on both en3 and beta)
Humans or Elves: Elves (on both en3 and beta)

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: n/a

Current situation:
For a while now I've had two cities: one on the live servers (en3) and one on beta. Because they are entirely independent cities I have been able to log into one city in one tab in my browser, and log into the other in a different tab, and play them simultaneously. Within the last 24 hrs this has no longer been the case. If I log into one city in one tab, then try to log into the other in a separate tab, it will automatically try to redirect me to the first server I logged into, and load the that city instead. Due to this automatic redirecting I can no longer access both cities at the same time.
*edit* Can't even log into my beta city at all now. It keeps redirecting me to en.elvenar.com and telling me 'session expired', even when I log out of both cities then only try to log into beta.

Expected situation:
Should be able to play two independent cities on completely separate servers. *edit* Or at least log into beta at some point.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Open en.elvenar.com in one tab.
2. Log into an EN account and click one of the worlds to load a city.
3. Open beta.elvenar.com in a second tab.
4. Log into a Beta account.
5. Click Beta 1 to load up your city.
6. Note that it instead tries to load the city on EN server. It may also come up with some error messages, such and logging you out, or stating that multiple instances of elvenar are loaded, etc.

Screenshots of the bug:

Alcaro

I have all 3 en servers plus beta (right now as we speak) on same browser and they work but I must admit that on the last few days something is going on that very often I am either kicked out either the game just freezes.

EDIT - @UlyssesBlue - try to open the servers one by one and bookmark them and open from there. It worked for me at some moment when I had similar issues like u have now.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
im able to log in to multiple worlds without a problem. Are you sure you are not using a wrong link? (think you are opening beta but goes to en)
i have never been redirected from one world to another, except when you change the flag at the login page. but there thats the point.

UlyssesBlue

Links were all correct. I was using the exact same method I've been using for years. I am currently able to log in without issue, but it's not clear if this bug has been resolved, or just isn't able to be reproduced right now. I will continue to monitor it and let you know of any developments.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
okay, since you are the only one who had this problem, and since nothing was done on innoside for this issue specificly, ill mark this as not a bug for now.
If you find out more, please reply here so we can reopen the investigation