• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Won't fix Can decline same quest twice, resulting game reload.

Karvest

Game version: 1.49.1-91deec2-0(zz 1.50)
Game world: Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Android 6.01
Flash Player version:
Operating System:
Android 6.01
Screen resolution: 1280x720
Account name: Karvest
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 2/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:

When playing via mobile network you can decline same quest twice if you have a big ping to server.
As result server responds with error and you have to reload game.

Expected situation:

Decline quest message should be sent to server only once, or player shouldn't be able to open quest window after pressing decline button on that quest, or even see that quest in the list.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Have big ping to game server
2. Cycle quests quickly, without waiting for quest list to update

DeletedUser1771

What happened to me is that quest window didnt respond to my pressing on 'decline' button, so i pressed again and nothing happened, and again, and then I got server error. Was it something like this?

Later i was closing quest windows on 'x' button when it didnt want to close after declining, and then new quest was loading correctly. This i experienced yesterday, today game works fine, no problems while fast cycling through quests.

Karvest

Decline not responding - that's browser version behavior (need to just close quest window and reopen it to see new quest), or may be I was fast enough to open "old" quest window, but slow enough to press decline before game receive new quest.
On mobile quest window updates itself when new quest received, but if you tap on decline before that happens - you get server error as soon as server noticed your tap.
Not sure what causes delay, either lagging mobile network, or lagging server, since browser version on PC with good wired connection (31ms to server) sometimes wait for the response with new quest data for a noticeable amount of time too, which is enough to reopen old quest window after declining. That happens not for so long, previous behavior was to hide quest right after declining, AFAIR. Or may be I wasn't lagging so much.

DeletedUser1771

You are right, that is browser version what I experienced (and i had that last night again), but looked similar to this so I asked. Thank you for your answer.On mobile I didnt have any problem for now. Ill keep on looking.

DeletedUser1771

For now nothing Karvest, I was playing like crazy on phone and I cant be faster than game :D. Quests load immediately after canceling. And having a big ping is something which I cant take as one of the repro steps. Maybe you should be more patient, and not to rush so much :D.

DeletedUser1771

Nope, but I will confirm this in browser right now, cause i just experienced it the same way as you reported for mobile version.

So, the reproduction steps would be:
1. Cycle through quests (declining them) fast
2. you will eventually click twice on the same quest, cause game slowly change them, same quest window will open and after declining it game will show error and reload.

Also, i removed words 'mobile' from the tittle cause i can experience this on browser and Karvest on mobile, so this is 'everywhere' bug.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Sorry, but this won't be fixed. It has been reported before and is such an edge case and would take so much time to really get into, that it isn't worth the effort :)

Karvest

Wow, proper error window for browser. May be same thing would appear on mobile?
upload_2018-6-19_18-12-33.png

Karvest

Finally saw same error window on latest mobile app. So can be changed from "won't fix" to "fixed".
:cool: