• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered broken wlan symbol?

Juni

There is something I am quite puzzled about (not sure, if it is a bug or not, because it's somewhat true).

I have a wave-symbol with an exclamation mark in front (lower left corner), symbolizing that there is an issue with my wlan.
true, I don't use wlan with this PC, therefor I understand that elvenar could have a problem, but it works just fine. it's just that symbol that's always there.

so, how can I resolve that?

Juni

okay, good to know

but does elvenar actually scan if a computer is connected via WLAN, or does it just complain

as hinted, probably a bit to subtile, I have my PC hooked up to the internet via good old trusty cable (twisted pair, etc), so why is the symbol informing me that there is something going on with my WLAN. if inno is concerned about my connection, just indicate it correctly.

Karvest

That just looks like wlan icon, it should be shown if there is a problem connecting to chat server (which is also used for realtime updates), not matter how you are connected to internet. And it say something like that in tooltip when you hover it.

Juni

there is no message/tooltip when hovering over it. and it disappears when clicking onto it.

I know, you are not an inno-official, but I guess we can all agree that concentric sectors of circles are "radiating" from a central point, that's the common symbol for some wave-connection, be it IRDA, wlan, bluetooth or more obscure technologies. at least, that's what it universally meant in the past 20 years.

and I understand, I got the same symbol in the elvenar app, when my wlan had a short disconnect (dsl wasn't the best back then).

so, there is no indication, that this means "hey, there is something funky going on with the chatserver", it means "hey, your wireless internetconnection has some issues". there isn't even an indication that the browser version connects to more than one server.

would someone official reply here?