• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Poll Brainstorming Collection #1 - Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaeri

Ex-Team Member
Dear Humans and Elves,
Thank you for sharing your ideas on Events in the first edition of the Brainstorming Collection under this thread!
We really appreciate that you took your time to submit ideas and help us improving Elvenar.

Now we start the second part of the Brainstorming Collection - the Voting!
You have 7 votes you can use on the ideas that are the best in your opinion.
We give away 3x 300 Diamonds among all users who have cast at least one vote!

Due to the number of submissions and the limitations of the thread, we would like you to vote by sending a reply in this thread!

How to vote:
Reply to this thread and add the numbers of your favourite ideas (e.g. 1, 2, 3. 4, 5, 6, and 7).
Your votes are not visible to others than the moderator team!

Make sure to read the description of each idea below before deciding. We also invite you to use the links in the table to have a look at the original post to catch all details of the ideas, since you can't see the votes of others and can't change your votes after submission.

The poll closes on January 30 at 3pm CET. We share the final results of the voting and the winners on January 31.
Then we will also share the decision of the moderator team about who earns the prize for the Best Concept: 1000 diamonds!

Depending on the popularity of each idea decided by the votes, we will sort the list of ideas that we will call Brainstorming Collection #1 - Events.
This collection will be a source of ideas for the team to create and improve events.

Of course, we will also reward the participants who submitted their ideas: Our moderator team will vote for the Best Concept shared.

Find the list of all ideas summarized here.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

First announcement (including the conditions):

Dear Humans and Elves,

Today we are starting our first Brainstorming Collection!
Share any idea that comes into your mind when you're thinking about...
Events!
Any idea you submit in this thread will be forwarded as part of a collection of ideas we will forward to the game design team!
This way, we hope we can share what we expect for the future of Elvenar and from new events - maybe we'll see ideas of the Brainstorming Collection come to life in a new event! Even outside the topic event, the ideas could inspire a next chapter or a new feature!

"Events" is quite a wide topic, so we give you here some questions you could answer with your submissions:
  • Is there any event theme you're missing in Elvenar?​
  • How would you describe the look of a new event-exclusive building and what stats would they have?​
  • Is there any minigame mechanic you'd like to see in a new event?​
  • Do you have an idea for a new questline/storyline for an existing event?​
  • Are there any characters in the game you would like to see being in the spotlight and need more love?​
The Brainstorming starts today (January 16) at 4pm CET and ends on January 23 at 5pm CET!

When we've collected all ideas shared in this thread, we will start the first poll to decide what the best ideas are!
After the poll closes, we will not only sort the list of ideas in accordance to their popularity, we will also give away 3x 300 Diamonds among all users who have cast at least one vote!

But that's not it! We also need to reward the effort spend for the best concept - our moderator team will vote for the Best Concept shared, which results in whopping 1000 Diamonds for the winner!

Before you submit your idea, please read the following rules:

Rules:
  1. You have to submit your ideas by replying in this thread.
  2. Any idea submitted is no subject for discussion until we start the first poll.
  3. Posts in this thread that aren't solely about a new idea gets deleted.
  4. Make sure your idea fits the topic. Any idea that doesn't fit the topic can be shared in a regular thread as explained here.
  5. You can submit as many ideas as you like in the thread.
  6. An idea doesn't need to be detailed; One sentence can be enough!
  7. You can reuse any idea you find in any Elvenar forum. When the idea isn't originally yours, please make sure to give credit to the author!
  8. If you want to submit a concept for an event, please collect any info about the event in one post.
  9. The Forum Rules apply to this thread, too!
  10. You can submit your idea until January 23 at 5pm CET to enter the polls!
  11. Any idea shared after 5pm on that day will therefore not be eligible to win the best concept prize.
Is there anything unclear about the Brainstorming Collection? Then please check out this thread and ask your question!

We wish you happy brainstorming!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Last edited:

Brummbaer

Is here the place where we can place our idea? If yes, I like to repeat my idea from October

Idea: Event: Elvenar Fun Park

Behind the idea:

Avoid to “destroy” parts of the city. Make the Event more attractive by interaction with the buildings.

First of all – more interaction with the event/game. Second, with this procedure the randomness of rewards is gone and you can select the rewards you like and need, and you will do not gain something for the “trash bin”.

A group of showman, conjurer and artists visits your city and offers to show a lot of attractions.
They need help to build up the place.

Preset:

Place a sign with the announcement somewhere in- or outside the city.

Click on the sign you will transferred to a free space outside the city (like Spire or FA)

(Whenever a Quest with “build” is solved, a new attractions is place in the area)
If a new attraction is finished (construction time x) you can click on it and use the event currency (tickets?) to produce an “Event Good”.

With this produced “Event Goods” you can “buy” in an “Event Shop” rewards of your choice.

Tasks: for example

Help to clean up the festive area (Produce Supplies)
Build up a the dance floor (Produce any T1 goods)
Feed the workers (Produce bread)
Offer drinks (Produce beverages)
Help to unload the wagons (Give Neighborly Help)
Build up the a Lucky Wheel (Produce advanced tools)
Support with materials (Produce any T1 goods, 3 hours options)
Build up a Shooting Range (Collect Troops)
Build up the tent area (Accept trade offers from the Whole Saler)
Sell tickets (Gain Coins)
Support the conjurer (Gain/use enchantments)
Perform Firework (Spend Knowledge Pints)
Visit Firework (Buy Knowledge Points)
Contribute in Shooting/ Sword fight … (Solve x encounters)
Clean up the surrounding (Collect x currency outside the city)

And many more

Refer to this older idea (with less details)

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/idea-event-elvenar-fun-park.18007/

Last edited:

Egwene al Vere

How about an event regarding the Elvenar: Who were they and where did they go? What is this feud between humans and elves about? has it anything to do with the Elvenar leaving? Characters I would like to see in the event are those we normally see in the game. The builder, the general who seems to be a prince of Elves, the Old man and who is the general's father that he keeps mentioning. I dont know the human equivalent but they should be included too as well as the two sorcerers, both elven and human. Event buildings: Perhaps some past buildings that havent featured for years, something that will help with both tier 2 (there is a shortage) and sentient goods. Maybe even an event that includes the moonstone library set. Surely there is more to learn from the Elvenar in the library? Some lost books or hitherto undiscovered charter. This building could even be the source to unlock something that will lead to finding the Elvenar or atleast where they went to.

Alcaro

Suggestion: Extend the Spire with an extra floor

I think it would be useful to extend the Spire with an extra floor, like extra 9 chests were added to Tournament.

The extra level would help many FS to achieve the Golden Trophy (from the 3rd Boss). You can see that really few FS are able to get it in the format it is now. They are either with many little fellows or not enough fellows, but there are some who could do more, thus helping to get the Golden Trophy.

This extra floor shouldn't bring anything else beside regular rewards we get from the crystals of the other 3 floors. It should be just like the Tourney where the main goal is the 10th chest with its BP and the next 9 are a bonus but without major rewards.

I think it would help immensely many FSs to reach more often the Gold, a goal which otherwise is mostly unachievable.

Jammin

I would like more features like the spire...give me a dungeon, let me in the mountain, I want to spank dwarves or help the dwarves spank something else to win something usable.
Gives me an inn where I can play cards with my guild and win something or other games or play against other players from other guilds with individually definable stakes or predetermined stakes.
I want to fight pirates on the coast or look for treasure on the island behind the Spire
Gives me a minigame that I have to complete in 30 days to get a fat prize... E.g. build a funfair, park, vegetable market or Christmas market.

No quest tasks like we have in the events now, produce this and that or solve 10 encounters, nothing like that. It should be features that you can do if you want to spend more time in the game, if you've finished your tournament round, finished your section in the tower and still want to build something on the side or go into a maybe "endless" dungeon. But that should always pay off and not just be a pit to waste resources.

As a prize I would like a nice switchable building that produces a tournament booster of my choice in 48 hours, one of the 5 combat classes.
I would also like to see something like that as a price at the end of the season, the price at the end of the Seasen sucks, to be honest, 75 days of Seasen Quest and then a price like that!? Somnial Pool surely that could be better :)

Heymrdiedier

I've always suggested since starts of events that I'd prefer we get an event island instead of having an event in your current city.
All required quests/productions start only from that island.
That way you make sure noone gets a head start (and are done after 2 days), and people who spend money in the past have no benefit over others (unless they spend during the event ofcourse).

you can use mechanics similar to guest races, where your event buildings can be upgraded to make them generate more event currency, limited amount of event buildings of a certain type etc. many examples of this in other games.

The quest could then also be only of things in the event island, so again nobody gets left out because they arent in right chapter yet, or get a certain benefit from their current city state: (like a player in chapter 5 will get needed coins faster then one in last chapter, by just doing neighbourly help).

You can monetize each event then by giving possible purchases again. The way leagues work now could possibly work well enough, if the top prizes are good enough.

Having less randomness in rewards would also be appreciated, but removing it completely would probably hurt your income, so thats why i think the leagues system would have to stay (with limited great prizes in there).

I'm not sure if you count BSA as events as well, and while they sounded like a great way to earn cash for inno at the release, i think nobody really wants to spend in it anymore because the prizes just arent worth it. And showing of a good looking building isnt really an option anymore, since nobody hardly ever visits your city, and if they do, its not even likely tey will see you building.

Earwen1

1. Guests: Vikings! Odin and his lot coming to visit our Elvarians, causing trouble all over the place. Would be funny.
  2. More guests: Ents! You know, those tree creatures that live in Tolkiens stories! :) Edit by Vaeri: Copyright wouldn't allow us to!
  3. Theme: I would love to see a steampunk themed event.
  4. Characters: the ghosts that live in the Spire, will they ever come down and visit our city and create chaos? Still waiting for their poems and stuff.. And who are they anyway? How did they end up in that Spire?
  5. Talking about the Spire: after some years it is becoming a dread to see the same staircases and ghosts, saying the same lines each week. I would like to get surprised there!

Did anyone say "storm in brains"? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Earwen1

1. Guests: Vikings! Odin and his lot coming to visit our Elvarians, causing trouble all over the place. Would be funny.
  2. More guests: Ents! You know, those tree creatures that live in Tolkiens stories! :)
  3. Theme: I would love to see a steampunk themed event.
  4. Characters: the ghosts that live in the Spire, will they ever come down and visit our city and create chaos? Still waiting for their poems and stuff.. And who are they anyway? How did they end up in that Spire?
  5. Talking about the Spire: after some years it is becoming a dread to see the same staircases and ghosts, saying the same lines each week. I would like to get surprised there!

Did anyone say "storm in brains"? :p
Why do you edit my post and not just reply, like others do? :confused:

Tolkien didn't invent the tree creatures, they have been around in many mythologies and tales. Just like elves, dwarves and trols.

Last edited by a moderator:

sid1138

Brainstorm #1 - [New Event Type] - multi-path

I would like to see a dual-path event that uses two different approaches to finding goodies.
  • Path 1 - Path of Strength [new quest]
    • Rewards focus on increasing military strength
    • [New building] The main building would award troops:
      • Selectable between the types - initially melee and ranged
      • Evolve to increase the selection to all 5 types
      • Evolve to move from barracks level troops to the training ground level to mercenary level
      • Upgrade to generate more troops
    • Other buildings and rewards would be around strength:
      • Feed-able building to increase damage or hit points
      • Vitality surges
      • [New instant] Tourney Booster - like a regular booster but gets a bonus (50% - 100%) if used for tourney cool-down. (For example, a 1-hour tourney booster would give a 1-hour time boost. However, if used for a tourney cool-down, it would give a 2-hour boost.)
      • Sorceries (similar to Tome of The Fearless)
      • Artifacts to evolve the strength building
      • Strength portrait
  • Path 2 - Path of Knowledge [new quest]
    • Rewards focus on increasing knowledge
    • [New building] The main building would award knowledge/magic items
      • Selectable between types - initially spell fragments or knowledge points
      • Evolve to increase the selection to include Combining Catalysts, Ancient Knowledge, and Royal Restorations
      • Upgrade to increase results
    • Other buildings and rewards would be around knowledge
      • [New building?] Feedable buildings would increase spell fragment generation (on disenchanting) or vision vapor generation
      • Enchantments
      • [New instant] Spire Booster - like a regular booster but gets a bonus (50% - 100%) if used for spire cool-down. (For example, a 1-hour spire booster would give a 1-hour time boost. However, if used for a spire cool-down, it would give a 2-hour boost.)
      • Sorceries (similar to the Tome of Spooky Artifacts)
      • Artifacts to evolve the knowledge building
      • Knowledge Portrait
  • Common to both paths
    • Pet Food
    • Boosters, coin rains, supply windfalls
    • Vitality surges
    • Blueprints (Royal prizes)
    • Spectral stones
    • Different tomes
The player gathers the reward points as normal.
  • [New software] When they select the event icon, they get to select which event they go to (strength or knowledge).
  • [New software] When the player selects the prize button, they can select which prize path they want - strength or knowledge
  • Their ranking is based on the sum of prize points from both paths (there are no separate strength and knowledge rankings)
  • Royal prizes are based on the path (each path has its own royal price track).
Yes, this could allow the person to get two main buildings by using both paths. However, they would only get a small level of evolution for each building. To get the benefit of both, the player would have to take up twice as much space and upgrade with twice as many RRs, which gets quite expensive very quickly.

Thank you for considering my suggestion,

Sid1138

Last edited:

kkk3

Event lasting 3 days where the companies compete and whoever gets the most currency of the event wins.

The currency is obtained with challenges between players of the same group of chapters (example players in chapters 1, 2, 3 are in the same group, while players in chapters 4,5,6 are another group and so on)

The challenge is to produce something in a certain amount of time and who produces the most wins. For example produce materials or produce basic goods, etc. depending on the group.

Challenges are offered to players every hour, randomly chosen players are between 5 and 10, production type is also randomly chosen.

The duration of the challenge is half an hour and the one who produced the most wins event currency.

Selected players must have logged into the game within the last 3 days

During the event, short productions of 2, 5, 10, 15 minutes will be possible

Prueba2

One inter-Fellowship event?
Making donations to one Fellowship Archive (to be later managed by Arch),
1st biggest donor wins X / 2nd bigger donor wins Y / ...

Laurelin-Beta

Hmm.

I know I'm the resident cynic (or one of them? haha), but still, Inno are not famous for being honest about their motives, and I have a feeling that Inno is not honestly asking us to be innovative, and is certainly not likely to [more than very trivially] alter anything which is already in the game, e.g. the way in which the Spire works, based upon what we say - well, unless we say we are willing to pay money for X or Y change or addition, which may interest them (I wish I didn't think this way, but there is too much evidence of the profit motive being paramount, not game integrity).

Of course, my view that there is a very low chance for feedback to achieve what it's actually asking for, per se, is of course a view shared by many of us who have given much detailed feedback both here and on Live, over the years, only to see almost all of it largely or completely ignored.

I think that by asking for our written ideas here, Inno is actually gathering info which it can't acquire merely by using live metrics or analysing Forum and/or Social Media comments. By asking us to go into detail about what we would actually DO in the game, if we could, I think Inno is probably going to infer from our replies which OTHER mobile games we play [and therefore which games other people like us probably play, too, this being the demographic Inno needs to target when trying to attract new players; there are only so many games (edit) like Elvenar, and suitable players who will enjoy it out there, and Inno will try to convert people from other games if possible].

It seems likely to me that Inno will then essentially just copy from those other games the most popular and/or (they hope) lucrative features we might mention here - after all, many mobile games have rather similar content these days, especially of the repeating and/or inter-player competitive type. The Cauldron and Seasons are both copied from other games, which is not a problem in itself (both systems could be a lot of fun, albeit with amendments IMO, and could be very engaging especially in a long-term and often slow-paced and 'little-to-do' type of game like Elvenar), if it were not true that in all the cases which I personally recognise (i.e. where I've already seen such features in other games myself), those features, once translated into Elvenar, are implemented in a such a way that they are ALWAYS more expensive, less accommodating of player choice and different playstyles, and of course more dependent upon the use of RNG, in many cases heavily so.

This cloning of other games' content now appears to be Inno's main strategy for new additions to the game, and while it's not a bad idea in itself, as I say, and is perhaps inevitable, given that there are not infinite ways to engage an audience, nor infinite ways to play mobile games, this is only true if the new content introduced is player-friendly. Inno's determination to invoke RNG, in all cases, when implementing these ideas is IMO the opposite of player-friendly, unless of course one's players enjoy gambling/risk-taking, which is not likely to be Elvenar's target group. Well, not yet...?

Therefore my one suggestion, relating to just about every existing feature of the game AND any new ones, is : less or no RNG. It's a strategy game!

Last edited:
Dear Humans and Elves,

Today we are starting our first Brainstorming Collection!
Share any idea that comes into your mind when you're thinking about...
Events!
Any idea you submit in this thread will be forwarded as part of a collection of ideas we will forward to the game design team!
This way, we hope we can share what we expect for the future of Elvenar and from new events - maybe we'll see ideas of the Brainstorming Collection come to life in a new event! Even outside the topic event, the ideas could inspire a next chapter or a new feature!

"Events" is quite a wide topic, so we give you here some questions you could answer with your submissions:
  • Is there any event theme you're missing in Elvenar?​
  • How would you describe the look of a new event-exclusive building and what stats would they have?​
  • Is there any minigame mechanic you'd like to see in a new event?​
  • Do you have an idea for a new questline/storyline for an existing event?​
  • Are there any characters in the game you would like to see being in the spotlight and need more love?​
The Brainstorming starts today (January 16) at 4pm CET and ends on January 23 at 5pm CET!

When we've collected all ideas shared in this thread, we will start the first poll to decide what the best ideas are!
After the poll closes, we will not only sort the list of ideas in accordance to their popularity, we will also give away 3x 300 Diamonds among all users who have cast at least one vote!

But that's not it! We also need to reward the effort spend for the best concept - our moderator team will vote for the Best Concept shared, which results in whopping 1000 Diamonds for the winner!

Before you submit your idea, please read the following rules:

Rules:
  1. You have to submit your ideas by replying in this thread.
  2. Any idea submitted is no subject for discussion until we start the first poll.
  3. Posts in this thread that aren't solely about a new idea gets deleted.
  4. Make sure your idea fits the topic. Any idea that doesn't fit the topic can be shared in a regular thread as explained here.
  5. You can submit as many ideas as you like in the thread.
  6. An idea doesn't need to be detailed; One sentence can be enough!
  7. You can reuse any idea you find in any Elvenar forum. When the idea isn't originally yours, please make sure to give credit to the author!
  8. If you want to submit a concept for an event, please collect any info about the event in one post.
  9. The Forum Rules apply to this thread, too!
  10. You can submit your idea until January 23 at 5pm CET to enter the polls!
  11. Any idea shared after 5pm on that day will therefore not be eligible to win the best concept prize.
Is there anything unclear about the Brainstorming Collection? Then please check out this thread and ask your question!

We wish you happy brainstorming!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I would really like a prize building that does not expire that makes pet food. There are so many buildings that need pet food now. We really need an increase in pet food availability/quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.