• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Blossom mages vs Priest

DeletedUser736

I've been trying the new blossom mage in the current tournament. Am I the only one who find that they are in every regards inferior to the priest I already had? I fail to see to point to field them. I simply can't imagine a situation where I'd prefer them to the priest.

Konniver

The blossom mage does have some advantages (on paper at least):
- Has lower weight, meaning you can fit more into squad than you can with priests. As a result, a squad of blossom mages has higher damage
- Has higher initiative
- Is better vs heavy melee units.

While the priest advantages are:
- Has higher health
- Has stronger special abilities
- Is better vs heavy range units

If you were to fill a squad size of 12 units (4 blossom princesses vs 3 sacred priests, both tier III), then here's what it would look like:

ob6koAJ.png

The same looks to be true of other tiers of these troops.

Disclaimer: I have not actually fought with blossom mages yet.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 60107

So, can the Blossom Mage fly over obstacles on the map?

DeletedUser283

could not fly over obstacles so far ...
very difficult unit for testing, as soon as enemy archers are involved : the priority of the blossom mage is high, so archers focus it and down it quickly, leaving it with a life expectancy of 2 rounds at most; in that time, you have to find an obstacle in range and try to fly over it before the unit gets killed, all the while trying to strike enemies because this is what we are here for in the first place :D

[edit]
just had a fight without archers in a province that got out of cooldown
blossom mage does indeed not fly over obstacles.
|/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser736

Well, I realize my blossom mages are not upgraded. They do not have the stats listed above. So I looked in the new research tree, and I could not find out. How do we upgrade them to blossom princess listed in the post above?

Dony

King of Bugs
maybe if we upgrade our mercenary camp which is 4x8 building now

edit 3x6 even

Last edited:

DeletedUser736

So maybe I am late to the party but I just finished researching my mortars as a human. Then again, I see no option in the research tree to upgrade them. By comparison to other troops meant to kill light and ranged, they are absolutely useless. What is the point in giving us theses new troops if they are so utterly useless compared to what we already have? Am I missing something?

Konniver

The units and research techs are there but haven't been added to the tech tree yet. I pretty sure (and hope) it'll be remedied before release, otherwise humans are going to be down one troop type.

CrazyWizard

Well I hope they add this stuff soon, right now those mercenaries are ridiculously weak, the new rangers from the woodelves chapter are way way way worse than the archers.

The blossom mage looks like its a complely failed cadet from the magic academy.

And the drone rider isnt much better off. I'll really prefer the sword acrobats a million times over the drone riders.

I heared some gossip about upgrading units at the magic academy? could that be it?

Dony

King of Bugs
Well I hope they add this stuff soon, right now those mercenaries are ridiculously weak, the new rangers from the woodelves chapter are way way way worse than the archers.

The blossom mage looks like its a complely failed cadet from the magic academy.

And the drone rider isnt much better off. I'll really prefer the sword acrobats a million times over the drone riders.

I heared some gossip about upgrading units at the magic academy? could that be it?
you cant really compare lvl1 units with lvl3

CrazyWizard

Why do we even get level 1 units?, what do I need to do with a level 1 unit at my level?

At the moment of introduction the units are hoplessly hopeless, even my basic units that are chapters older are much better.
How will we aquire these new levels? because without it I dont see any reason to build them

DeletedUser1345

Mercenary units can be produced while the barracks is upgrading. Will use the ones I build as cannon fodder to protect the more valuable, useful units. Looks like that is what the camp is good for.

CrazyWizard

Mercenary units can be produced while the barracks is upgrading. Will use the ones I build as cannon fodder to protect the more valuable, useful units. Looks like that is what the camp is good for.

Oh joy, the barracks at a certain point (around when you can build your mercenary camp) is spitting out troops faster than you can kill them (in the tournaments with 333 provincies I gave up the map ones)
I have indeed build some while I was upgrading my barrakcs to wood elves standards (which makes it spit them out even faster)
Why, well because I could, not because I am gonna use them. more in a sense of, you know, maybe somewhere in a future a long long time from now, maybe I can find a use for them, and then I have got them.

Tho I wonder how long I can handle these even faster training times. especially supply wise. if it's going so fast that I need 100k supplies an hour, how are you supposed to handle those. right now 44k supplies last 4 hours, and the training times are decresing at lightning speed. because only 2 days ago it lasted for 5 hours and I am not done upgrading yet, nor have I upgraded the mercennary camp yet. which has a similar training speed to the barracks right now.