• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Block Fellowship Invites

DeletedUser

Please add a fellowship invite block. Players can create closed or open fellowships and send invites to anyone. A player who does not want to be in one, has no way to turn off invites. It would eliminate having a not so positive encounter with the invitee who may be offended by a decline or explain why they don’t want to be in a fellowship.

In some games, it’s considered spam to be repeatedly invited by the same fellowship.

We all have different play styles and what works best for one person may not for another.

DeletedUser

I know I can do that, but the point is not being in a fellowship. I'm trying to build my city without a fellowship, that includes my own.

Loki Blue

Just create your own closed FS and you won't see any invites.

Doesn't always work. Over the course of nearly two years, and over different servers, every "closed, solo player" Fellowship I've ever created has at some point had invites. Even when I have politely informed them that I am not interested in being in a Fellowship, I'm told that I don't know what I'm missing (or what I'm doing), that I'll never progress in the game without a real Fellowship, and on and on. I've had people from the same Fellowship attempt to coerce me into joining, even after asking, then telling, them to leave me alone. I have actually abandoned cities because of it. Some people think they know what's good for everyone, and won't take no for an answer.

Karvest

@Loki Blue That is not an invite (as game feature), but regular message with invite. Even if there would be an option to "block invites" as suggested by topic starter - they would still be able to send those messages. So you are asking not for "block invites" but for "block messages", either globally or via blacklist.

Loki Blue

@Loki Blue That is not an invite (as game feature), but regular message with invite. Even if there would be an option to "block invites" as suggested by topic starter - they would still be able to send those messages. So you are asking not for "block invites" but for "block messages", either globally or via blacklist.

I'm not asking for anything, merely sharing my own experience. ;)

DeletedUser

The invite block would at least eliminate the auto join invite. I’ve been screamed at because I hit the decline button too fast. If someone sends a message, there is always a block feature if it gets nasty. And it’s not reversible. Once blocked, forever blocked. Not sure what the TOS is for someone circumventing this, but in other games it’s a temp or perma ban.

I’m not missing out on any part of the game not being in a fellowship, minus tournaments, (and who really wants to do fellowship adventures) I still talk to people, trade, visit, join in events, and have a gorgeous and fun chapter 2 city.

Marindor

Players will always be able to send you Private Messages anyway, so this is something that cannot be totally blocked. We'll archive this thread for now :)