• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

'Black holes' may discourage new players.

Karvest

With perfectly working relocation algorithm every new player would appear at the edge (and have half of neighbors missing). But that situation shouldn't last long, either gold mines would be replaced by newer players (and this already started to happen on the screenshot, edge is on the next ring from the player), or player itself would be relocated if somebody from inner circles free their spot.
They are balancing between non-stop relocations (that would cause even bigger misunderstanding, imagine seeing new neighbors every day or coming back from small vacation and find nobody known around) and static position like it was at the beginning.
May be they should just allow relocation to happen a bit more often, or add another setting like "force relocation as soon as possible" without waiting for any thresholds (like having less than x% of discovered cities active, which I guess the way it works for now) + add some notification about such possibility.

Enevhar Aldarion

All placement and movement are automated. Support is not allowed to manually move a player, so how would they, or the paid employees, ever manually place new players? And what should the game do if there are no "perfect" spots open for a city? Send the player a message saying "sorry, we don't have a good spot for your city, so you have to go on a waiting list for one and can't play yet"? Maybe along with the new Neighborhood and Fellowship researches at the start of chapter 2 that are being tested, a quicker movement of new cities will also be done After all, if a player cannot even visit cities on the map until they are in chapter 2, that gives the automated system time to shift their city to a more favorable location.

SoggyShorts

But something as a Friend function would probably function as well with less chance of ugly bugs. (meaning that you could have a group of friends you could trade with and give each other fast NH regardless the distance) and could be implemented at much less work.
Is this sarcasm? Because you just invented Fellowships. :D
------------------------------------------------------------------
My proposal for something that might work:
Hide your neighbors on the world map until you unlock a tech (towards the end of chapter 1?)
This could give enough time for the algo to run a search and delete/relocate an inactive city from "inside" opening a spot to move the new city.

Lovec Krys

@SoggyShorts No, I meant a friend function which would allow this between cities in different FSs. There are players who would like to trade/NH each other, but due to the different activity levels, they are not in the same FSs and are too far from each other (they might know each other from RL f.e.).

Earwen1

@Earwen1 Yes, could be usefull even with limitation. But i don't think that Inno would give us such function - too much work probably and too big chance of something going bad.
Alas, I don't expect that to happen either, but I like the idea.
But something as a Friend function would probably function as well with less chance of ugly bugs. (meaning that you could have a group of friends you could trade with and give each other fast NH regardless the distance) and could be implemented at much less work.
I like this one too. I expect that a lot of players would then become 'friends' with their alts and stuff their inventories like never before! :)
(...) or add another setting like "force relocation as soon as possible" without waiting for any thresholds (like having less than x% of discovered cities active, which I guess the way it works for now) + add some notification about such possibility.
Yes, this option would be very nice. A "Please move me"-button!
All placement and movement are automated. Support is not allowed to manually move a player, so how would they, or the paid employees, ever manually place new players?
That was my point to begin with: I think some employees should be allowed to move players on the world map manually. I don't know exactly how they should do this, but no doubt that there can be made a way (a menu or interface) to make these changes possible for employees. Whether this should be support department or other, I don't know because I have no knowledge about how InnoGames is organized.
Maybe along with the new Neighborhood and Fellowship researches at the start of chapter 2 that are being tested, a quicker movement of new cities will also be done After all, if a player cannot even visit cities on the map until they are in chapter 2, that gives the automated system time to shift their city to a more favorable location.
Good idea to make a combination here. That sounds very logical.

After all, logarithm cannot functionn without human logic.

DeletedUser3726

Maybe along with the new Neighborhood and Fellowship researches at the start of chapter 2 that are being tested
They've change this again. There is no tech for neighbourhood and Fellowship anymore.
I started a new city to test the tourney relic changes and entered ch 2 today. Nothing in the tech for this but I also can't join any fellowship so had to make my own.