• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Better Golems

DeletedUser

Right now, golems are sort of an oddball unit. They have their uses, but they're not really great against heavy units(as intended), in that they take out only a few and need blocking terrain to be better than normal archers. There are two different ways this could be fixed:

1) Increase their minimum damage so they kill heavy units and other units more effectively.

2) Increase their bonus versus heavy units so that they can take out high health units like treants before they're at risk of taking heavy losses.

3) A combination of both.

DeletedUser481

It is fine, but please no for encounters on the map, because already now human army has a problem with GolemsII :confused:

DeletedUser118

My Golem II are just fine. I use them all the time. You should wait till you reach them. They for example can cost a Knight 20+ units. I wouldn't want to miss them right now. :)

DeletedUser481

... ehm sory ... I dont know if I understand well ... my paladin has movement range +2 and golem has attack bonus for it ... if I go to attack Golems with paladins ... I can cry "Tora! Tora! Tora!" :confused::D

DeletedUser

Please leave them alone, otherwise I will be ripped to shreds.

DeletedUser

My Golem II are just fine. I use them all the time. You should wait till you reach them. They for example can cost a Knight 20+ units. I wouldn't want to miss them right now. :)
In fact, I'm waiting for reaching the research of Golem II; before of that, I don't use Golems for fighting...:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For now, I have not too many problems with the Golems.

It is fine, but please no for encounters on the map, because already now human army has a problem with GolemsII :confused:
You are right ^^

DeletedUser

Don't Cerberus or whatever they're called, tear them apart?

But what about golems? They're horrible vs treants. Right now, I mean, I'm better off using archers. Both units should have something they excel at.

DeletedUser283

golems are excellent versus mortars :)
that is .. if your squad size is big enough for some survivors to reach the other side of the map ;)
I generally use some sword dancers to take the hits while the golems are on their way ;)

DeletedUser

I do more or less the same, except that my Swor Dancer take hits and kill mortars.
Meanwhile, the distance units (archers, golems) do the rest.

DeletedUser118

Don't Cerberus or whatever they're called, tear them apart?

But what about golems? They're horrible vs treants. Right now, I mean, I'm better off using archers. Both units should have something they excel at.

That's why I said to wait for Golems II. I tried using Golems a few times, but they didn't turn out as a big help. Golems II on the other hand are quite usefull. I guess if they wanna change something, they should work on Golems, not Golems II.

DeletedUser

Right now, golems are sort of an oddball unit. They have their uses, but they're not really great against heavy units(as intended), in that they take out only a few and need blocking terrain to be better than normal archers. There are two different ways this could be fixed:

1) Increase their minimum damage so they kill heavy units and other units more effectively.

2) Increase their bonus versus heavy units so that they can take out high health units like treants before they're at risk of taking heavy losses.

3) A combination of both.

They're not great against heavy units? They have a bonus vs heavy melee, golem II even has 80% bonus, so they're pretty good vs heavy melee. There's no need to increase their bonus even further.

DeletedUser

That's why I said to wait for Golems II. I tried using Golems a few times, but they didn't turn out as a big help. Golems II on the other hand are quite usefull. I guess if they wanna change something, they should work on Golems, not Golems II.
I do that with my Treants and my Golems, it's the best strategy for not losing unnecessarily.

DeletedUser

I'll adopt your strategy, superalexandre, when I'll start again to fight ;)

DeletedUser1095

Some of the posters are discussing the units that elves can use in battle, and the others are discussing "NPC" opponents.
Do they have exactly the same properties?
And which of the NPC units are also human units?
And why don't elves have a unit that's equivalent to the war dogs/hellhounds/cerebri?
And other semi-pertinent questions

DeletedUser231

You stopped fighting?

I stopped fighting a LONG time ago. Now do not see any point. It is a waste of time attempting to discover a blank space and spend massive amounts of money and troops to discover a blank spot where a player used to be. I will soon reach the end of the research tree in time anyway, so what is the use of more research points????????...If there were players I could discover, and the map did not freeze and lock up and the visits did not take so long then it might be fun.

DeletedUser

Yes, actually it's not convenient to spend time for fighting, 'cause of many blank spaces...later we'll see.
RugBug, fortunately, I'm at the end of researches of the penultimate era, so I've something to do for the next weeks ;)

DeletedUser118

I still like to fight my way through the map. Though I know that I will reach my limits sooner or later. But till then I'm gonna keep on kicking Orcs asses. ;)