• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Best chapter to at which to stop

edeba

To be honest though the fact that anything is better for you if you stop advancing is the single most retarded aspect of this game and I've finally given up hope of inno addressing the issue.
I'll still hang out on the forums a few minutes once in a while but I'm quitting 2/3 accounts this weekend.
And it isn't that it is a little better stopping, it is that your game is trash compared to stopping.

As an educator I look at it and just wonder how brains that can figure out programming be so clueless as ever come with this. I'd expect this kind of reasoning where it fails so badly in the big picture from elementary school children.

EDIT: And the chapters have so overdone the busy work to them. There seems to be this ideology that making the game unpleasant for longer periods of time is better. So, stopping on chapter 15 makes you stronger and you avoid the vomit process of going through the other chapter. It makes no sense, you go through these unpleasant steps to move your game through the chapters just to make it less powerful. So not only is your game stronger by stopping, you avoid a not so pleasant aspect of the game. It is so long, drawn out, and repetitive and it is further hurting your game for increasing lengths of time to get through each chapter, and stripping resource that you also need for the tournament.

Last edited:

edeba

Utterly insane and players deserves better in terms of the programming that a game with 13 unplaced expansions is way more powerful than a game with all expansions placed and most of the premium expansions placed.

Players deserve better in terms of getting value for money spent, and by changing code, it was no different than switching out the engine of a new car for one on its last legs.

What Inno did here really was a very corrupt business practice, and the corruption was intentional?

1640710115512.png

1640710482857.png

Arthus

They should read this topic very well as the main problem of the game atm is that endgame isn't rewarding enough while being hard and people are making shady tactics of "stopping in XYZ chapters" instead of progressing further. Progress should be unskippable part of the game and with that long chapters and their complicated mechanics you made players prefer stagnation.

If it's true that InnoGames doesn't play these chapters then i understand why they are so lame at making them in technical aspects.

They better make single-player version of perks powering up endgame players based on expansions/population/culture/squad size they have to finally destroy shady low chapter players that sit with unplaced expansions, no high chapter wonders and squad size upgrades not researched.

Last edited by a moderator:

ayvinul

I'm not quite sure stopping will do any good.

The main source of frustration is usually the slowness of progress, no new things to experience, slow settlement productions. Difficulty of balancing production.

Stopping only means you catch a breath wrt balancing production, and eventually having god status wonders that mean you can play simply. But you're at a stand-still, lack of new things. It's not the repetitive events and the underwhelming event buildings that will change that.

How many adventures have we had with the exact same maps in a row ? At least 3 or 4,possibly 6 or more.

Skillpowers

I'm not quite sure stopping will do any good.

The main source of frustration is usually the slowness of progress, no new things to experience, slow settlement productions. Difficulty of balancing production.

Stopping only means you catch a breath wrt balancing production, and eventually having god status wonders that mean you can play simply. But you're at a stand-still, lack of new things. It's not the repetitive events and the underwhelming event buildings that will change that.

How many adventures have we had with the exact same maps in a row ? At least 3 or 4,possibly 6 or more.
the FSA system needs to be reshaped completely such like "2 day and 1 day productions dissapear" because people have special cities just for that. its better if more people compete for top ranks in the FSA so the way fsa works needs to be looked at and build a complete other system around it so people can't build special cities with small buildings to compete just for fsa - also the ranking points you recieve towards ur fellowship should be x10 so more fellowships will put an effort in it. + rewards need be much better (and i mean the rewards for like top 50 bs in fsa)

ayvinul

the FSA system needs to be reshaped completely such like "2 day and 1 day productions dissapear" because people have special cities just for that. its better if more people compete for top ranks in the FSA so the way fsa works needs to be looked at and build a complete other system around it so people can't build special cities with small buildings to compete just for fsa - also the ranking points you recieve towards ur fellowship should be x10 so more fellowships will put an effort in it. + rewards need be much better (and i mean the rewards for like top 50 bs in fsa)

In order to want to compete for top ranks in the FSA, the prizes would have to be worthwhile. Right now, they're of such a "meh" variety that most fellowships will decide: why bother. I get my 3 maps, fill up a few other points for fun, and be done with the whole gratuitous exercise.

SoggyShorts

In order to want to compete for top ranks in the FSA, the prizes would have to be worthwhile. Right now, they're of such a "meh" variety that most fellowships will decide: why bother. I get my 3 maps, fill up a few other points for fun, and be done with the whole gratuitous exercise.
Prizes help, but a stupid annoying interface is a roadblock that no prize can overcome.