• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Best ancient wonders

DeletedUser1549

Have any one have done an estudy of the best anciente wonders?

i have one question related to this: Golden Abyss seens very good making population and takes very little space, but then Mountain halls gives population and boost production, i think maximun boost production is 700% now with the tournaments we can reach easely 700%, is the bonus from Mountail hall adding more than 700% because if not maybe golden abyss is better?

thank you in advance

DeletedUser

The bonus from Mountain Hall is added to that 700%, so at level 15 Mountain Hall you can have 700% + 82% = 782% production bonus. :D

CrazyWizard

It all depends on your playing style, preferences and where you are in game.

The better ones

Golden abbys
Ranking monster, has the best ranking per square in game
early game access perfect to ditch those KP in when your stuck in the research tree

The Sanctuary/Monestary
For many the best wonder in game, improves your units HP reducing losses and rewarding both culture(indirect ranking) and ranking points.

Mountain Halls
Was one of the best pre tournament, now a good solid wonder. since for example 30% on top of 400% has a larger effect than 30% on 700%
Stacks with the relic bonus for a maximum of 782%
Ranking monster since it also provides population which indirectly creates ranking.

Watchtower
The best cultural building in game per square assuming you can get it to level 15

Prosperity Tower
One that many like for the easy supplies.

Throne of High Men
The ultimate wonder for end gamers who are running for first place. kinda pointless for the others

Bullwark
With the recent update an excellent wonder, never underestimate the power of free hordes of acrobats and barbarians.

So So

Traders Guild

Looks cool, helps during upgrading for new guest races now much function otherwise in a well populated area.

Needles of the Storm
Good if you are a die hard tournament player, if your not all the other ones are better

Somewhat Worthless

Tome of Secrets
Rewards an awesome looking avatar
but extra KP? it only takes 4 years to earn it back once it's producing 3 KP a day

Endless Excavation
A relic per province extra? tournaments anyone?
some supplies a day, surely not enough especially compared to the prosperity towers.

Great Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse
Great looks, but a few supplies for each neighbourly help is not much compared to your factory production, it's like a droplet of water on a hot plate.
Extended neighbourly help looks great, but be aware that your neighbours are on a 23h timer, and most likely will give there assistance at the same time every day. this knocks those same buildings of there scedule since it's still active. most likely making them buff your main hall, but a little later it runs out and you are without culture since the help was already given.
Once you reach lvl 12/13 it becomes good since that doubles the time(99-103%), keeping players able to buff at there own scedule every other day.

Last edited:

DeletedUser283

thanks @CrazyWizard !
I support this list :)
I have the needles, and I like them, but they are far from mandatory; it is just that I really think, you know, that barracks are way too slow ;)

I like the crystal lighthouse which helped me a lot when my fellowship was smaller and while I had not discovered enough active neighbours willing to return help :)
the bulwark is awesome since the update, at level 6 it provides the same training size as a level 20 armory (I could then get rid of one armory !)

CrazyWizard

dont forget the 114 acrobats/barbarians which are awesome cannonfodder and now you can finally amass them at a decent rate. 14 instead of 114 was way to small.

DeletedUser

Have any one have done an estudy of the best anciente wonders?

i have one question related to this: Golden Abyss seens very good making population and takes very little space, but then Mountain halls gives population and boost production, i think maximun boost production is 700% now with the tournaments we can reach easely 700%, is the bonus from Mountail hall adding more than 700% because if not maybe golden abyss is better?

thank you in advance

I have a L12 MH. Before Tournaments, I loved it. Now that I have the 770% bonus, I wish I didn't. The Needles at L12 would give me 71% extra Barracks speed...

I can make millions of goods, so the extra 10% isn't as big a deal as it used to be. The extra Barracks training speed is really important since I play Tournaments.

I like my Abyss, too. No matter what, though...I can't find any real advantage to building a Wonder until a player is into Dwarven and gets slowed by copper / granite.

DeletedUser283

on point to remember : we are early players here
we started playing this game way before it was made public :)
and obviously the first wonders, tome, abyss, and the like, with their small footprint, are very interesting for beginners;
I may (someday :p ) restart a game somewhere to check how it really goes for a beginner now that the game is what it became ...

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

it\s probebly because you are too advanced, lately many new players get stuck in the research tree and start ditching there points at fellow guildmembers, once they own a wonder themselves being stuck at the research tree wont be such a nuisance anymore.

DeletedUser

on point to remember : we are ealy players here
we started playing this gam eway before it was made public :)
and obviously the first wonders, tome, abyss, and the like, with their small footprint, are very interesting for beginners;
I may (someday :p ) restart a game somewhere to check how it really goes for a beginner now that the game is what it became ...

Come to US 1 and browse the early (pre-Dwarven) players. It's kinda sad. They have Wonders and relatively few manufactories. They've either gotten further ahead in the Research - and can't upgrade the buildings to match - or they're slowed in all aspects.

Early Wonders: Candy before Vegetables.

DeletedUser1548

Come to US 1 and browse the early (pre-Dwarven) players. It's kinda sad. They have Wonders and relatively few manufactories. They've either gotten further ahead in the Research - and can't upgrade the buildings to match - or they're slowed in all aspects.

Early Wonders: Candy before Vegetables.

I can confirm this but it's not the full picture. New players often do not know they can switch between quests. It results in lack of supplies and in consequence they are blocked in the tech tree. I know it from a player who donated 150 KP's to my Lantern... I think it's better to give early players an option to donate to their own wonders while they learn how to 'exploit' the game.

I remember I had the same problems when I started the game so I find it to be a good way to reduce the amount of frustration. ;)

Edit: Oh and I like wonders to just have them. It's not always about effectiveness, right? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

As AG said, also players underestimate the amount of provincies they need to unlock.
So the extra gain on KP, and the blockades that did not exist in our early days make the game different for us as they are now now for them.

therefore you cannot overlay your situation on thers, also different people have different play styles, playing as effective as possible is not the only way people like to play.

On my main account I created a guild with as little rules as possible so that anyone can enjoy there game in the way they like it,
I see quite often how they at first just donated there KP when they are stuck at our wonders, then they can finally build there first and they really enjoy actively exchanging KP with the other players with wonders.

And thats what the game is all about, enjoying yourself, no watter what your play style is.

CrazyWizard

I asume the two new ones from the orcos are no good?

If you are a human player, yes the heavy melee booster is awesome. if you are a tournament player a must have.
as an elf, I have never been a fan of treants but I dont know who knows that might change.

Maybe Next week I know, thats when I can start playing around with those new treants.

DeletedUser

....therefore you cannot overlay your situation on thers, also different people have different play styles, playing as effective as possible is not the only way people like to play....And thats what the game is all about, enjoying yourself, no watter what your play style is.

Hey, CW...please keep my remark in context,okay? I was replying directly to Philiplessis, knowing his playing style and preferences.

I do have some concern for newer players. When they're enjoying the Wonders process, trading KP, and progressing through Research either slowly or rapidly without the city power to upgrade equivalently...they're not making independent choices, they're following along the broad path Inno has laid down for them.

We also followed a path laid down by Inno...and are in a good position to evaluate the pros and cons of following. Fortunately for us, it led to strong cities. Even the folks whose creativity dominated have relatively strong cities! And we saw that following the path toward premium buildings often ends in regret, since Inno didn't make it fully apparent that the items had built-in obsolescence.

So, where is this new path of Wonders and MA likely to lead? Inno is showing us: it's leading players to a shortage of expansions, a shortage of all components necessary for upgrades, and a shortage of basic buildings. We know this, because these are the new premium offerings. Inno creates the demand, then offers the supply.

Really, I'm not critical of alternative playing styles, or having fun. I'm concerned about what will happen when the new guys slam into Dwarven Age with a city that can't perform?

I guess you're correct to reference "overlay your situation on others". The situation isn't so much about playing style, though...it's about following the Pied Piper and ending up feeling like an easy mark.

Heymrdiedier

It all depends on your playing style, preferences and where you are in game.

So So

Traders Guild

Looks cool, helps during upgrading for new guest races now much function otherwise in a well populated area.

I dont agree with that, i use this one mainly for the wholesalesman. I get alot more resources tier 1 from my excess money.
Since buying kp is getting costly (and i want to keep it not too high for when quests ask for it) i spend all my money on buying tier 1. It helped me get 100k tier 1 resource fast, wich i use a lot in tournament. (extra tier 1 factories seem less productive then wholesaleman for me at this point)

The guestrace function of it, well it has some impact but not big enough to go all for it. and guest race productions are only limited in time anyway