• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Being able to teleport wonders ...

LOKINHO

Hi all! I don't know, if this idea has already been suggested ... but after seeing the new chapters, and especially after that tweak that you have done in the "happy formula" for tournaments and tower, where each level of wonder you have penalizes you , I see the need to be able to teleport the wonders ...
ARGUMENT:
Although, you are in a new race or chapter, you may want to focus on that alone, or you need mana in quantities, or seeds, orcs etc ... as we already know there are wonders that help us in all this ... but. ..you may want or need to have space to mount the portal, and prefer to do without a wonder, or you may prefer to remove one to put another (both with high levels of course). Having this option, the player could choose depending on whether he is immersed in a chapter or if he decides to slow down a bit, for some wonders or others, and not have the obligation to have them all, occupying space and penalizing him in tower and tournament.

The idea is very simple, I give an example ...

We finished chapter 19 ... there are 2 or 3 months left for the next one, why do I want the maze at level 30? I don't need so much mana, why do I want the towers of dusk? I don't need to retain so much seed ... why can I want a guild if I only use half of its power because I don't have any portal in place?
A bulwark, which I can substitute for armories to score more ... an abbey that I wouldn't need because I don't need mana ... a temple of the spirits that I don't need because I don't need unurium ...
There are numerous examples of totally dispensable wonders after finishing a chapter ... I have given an example of 5 or 6 wonders, which at level 30 help a lot, I no longer tell you the ones that sometimes are used and are useless ... or have a Use so regrettable that all they do to you is harm you in tournament and tower ... (oracle of fortune, dragon's ark, arena of the tournament, tower library, pyramid, lighthouse ...) each one has its function, but it is clear that if they do not help you to turn better, or to advance better in the chapter, they are totally expendable ...
Having the option to teleport, at least you will feel that you remove some that you do not need now, for others that you are now going to use ...

It is necessary to rethink the formula where you have included the levels of wonders, or give us this option to be able to teleport and free ourselves of that load that we are accumulating.
Another option may be that when a wonder reaches its maximum level (currently, for example, the sanctuary / montastery, its cap is level 30, other wonders reach up to 35) that they are part of your city but without taking up space in it, part of the scenery of the mountain next to the river for example, or how is the tower of eternity that appears every Sunday ... although this would not take away the heavy burden of making tournaments and tough towers, at least it would free us space in the city, I don't know ... they are ideas !!

Skillpowers

i think certain wonders should be allowed to teleport (only the ones that doesn't boost any unit in any form so it won't get abused for tower/tournement). + it needs to be in a stage where you need runes to next level or completly max.

Shereana

Nearly any wonder has some positive (but may be not that great) impact on spire-tournament:
  1. Supplies => for army and goods production
  2. Goods => negotiation of provinces/chests
  3. Mana, seeds => negotiation in the Spire
  4. Units and boosts of damage/health => fights
  5. Culture => more production of coins and supplies
  6. Population => well, all the buildings, e.g. workshop and manufactory demand it
I can't remember any wonder that wouldn't go into some category, probably only last ones having unurium bonuses. As much as I know spire/tournament formulas are calculated once a week, so one just teleports several AW and after formula is calculated puts them back, the only limiting factor will be teleports.

As result one gets easier spire/tournament both from formula point of view and from getting resources to do activities (last one by putting AW back). So, procedure should be more complicated to avoid such misuse of teleports.

But it's just my opinion.

Enevhar Aldarion

i think certain wonders should be allowed to teleport (only the ones that doesn't boost any unit in any form so it won't get abused for tower/tournement). + it needs to be in a stage where you need runes to next level or completly max.

But every single level of every wonder modifies your squad sizes for both the tournament and Spire, so there is no way to make some count and others not without giving people a way to cheat. Teleporting AWs at all will allow people to cheat, unless the find some way to add a cooldown or allow the teleporting of them only on Saturday night/Sunday morning when neither Spire or tournament are active, same as the cooldown when people join a new fellowship.

edeba

I completely disagree with these criteria. It would be hard to keep up on teleports to be constantly moving AWs in and out to abuse a system.

Further, if people want to figure out a beneficial system from being able to teleport AWs, more power to them for being able to think through what would help the most.

edeba

But every single level of every wonder modifies your squad sizes for both the tournament and Spire, so there is no way to make some count and others not without giving people a way to cheat. Teleporting AWs at all will allow people to cheat, unless the find some way to add a cooldown or allow the teleporting of them only on Saturday night/Sunday morning when neither Spire or tournament are active, same as the cooldown when people join a new fellowship.
What is this nonsense "cheating?" If the game works the same for everyone, then if you figure out an advantage, that's strategy.

As far as I know, right now the squad size is set for the event with however many AW levels you have going into the spire and tournament on Sunday. That can stay the same.

So, say you want to put all your AWs away on a Sunday, a pull them out as soon as the event starts so you have a smaller squad size. Well, if you moved say 8 AWs, you need 8 teleports per week to do that and I don't think you have that many. You could probably manipulate an advantage of regularly transporting say 3 or 4 AWs every week. I wouldn't be opposed to a six day cool down before you could bring it out again, but I don't see a problem when everyone has the same opportunity to apply a strategy.

But, my suggestion for change the formula to make the penalty one that includes a square root so the penalty for each extra AW level is declining as opposed to how it is currently increasing. The land expansion penalty also needs a declining penalty, also in my suggestion. My sense is that for the same chapter and the same number of techs a city without extra expansion or AW levels compared to a city maxed with expansions and AW levels should be 1:2.5 range, not the current 1:4.77 just for the AWs, and then when it compounds with the premium expansions, it is more than 1:6.

The AW penalty would work much better and get rid of the most ridiculous nonsense I've even seen introduced into a game, where buying expansions and leveling AWs hurts your game by taking the square root of the number, so (0.003A +1)^0.5 instead of just (0.003A+1). I decided to add this because maybe where the AW penalty started is a goal, so then the formula should be (0.006A + 1)^0.5 to start , which gives an identical penalty for the 1st AW level.

AW levels --current-- (0.006A +1)^0.5
0 ------------- 1 --------- 1
100 --------- 1.3 -------- 1.26
200 --------- 1.6 -------- 1.48
300 --------- 1.9 -------- 1.67
400 --------- 2.2 -------- 1.84
500 --------- 2.5 -------- 2.00
600 --------- 2.8 -------- 2.14
700 --------- 3.1 -------- 2.28
800 --------- 3.4 -------- 2.40
900 --------- 3.7 -------- 2.52
1000 ------- 4.0 -------- 2.64
1100 ------- 4.3 -------- 2.75
1200 ------- 4.6 -------- 2.86

This just taking the square root of the AW penalty term
Levels - current -- (0.003A + 1)^5
0 ----------- 1 ------- 1
100 ------- 1.3 ------ 1.14
200 ------- 1.6 ------ 1.26
300 ------- 1.9 ------ 1.38
400 ------- 2.2 ------ 1.48
500 ------- 2.5 ------ 1.58
600 ------- 2.8 ------ 1.67
700 ------- 3.1 ------ 1.76
800 ------- 3.4 ------ 1.84
900 ------- 3.7 ------ 1.92
1000 ----- 4.0 ------ 2.00
1100 ----- 4.3 ------ 2.07
1200 ----- 4.6 ------ 2.14

I calculated an additional 27% game penalty for giving Inno employees a job by buying expansion.

2.14*1.27= 2.71 <== This is in line with the 1:2.5 penalty range.
2.86*1.27 = 3.63 <== This is still a significant and crippling penalty.

If my suggestion for declining penalty for premium expansions was applied, the maximum penalty would be 17%, not 27% from the premium expansions and you would get:

2.14*1.17 = 2.50 <== This lines up exactly with what would be a reasonable penalty.
2.86*1.17 = 3.35 <== This is still a significant ratio difference but could be enough to turn the game nonsense of not placing expansion and not moving forward around.

I think we still need the option to put AW away for space needs, and the other thing about this kind of fix on the formula, the benefit of putting an AW away is not as significant because the last levels on have the least cost, so the first levels off have the least benefit.