• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Being able to see not researched buildings' requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31

If I want to plan ahead, I have to keep in mind that the buildings change in size. If I want to know how big area is needed for the next level of a Residential building, I have to guess or go to the wiki. It is not the best solution.

How it is now: http://prntscr.com/671fje

How I imagined it:
Having the same window as I could upgrade it, but the Upgrade (or Move and Upgrade) button would be greyed and a tooltip would show that I need to research this technology first to be able to upgrade my building.

This would make planning ahead way more easier.

I'm open for ideas and suggestions on this.

DeletedUser43

If I understand you correctly, the idea you propose is similar to this idea (click). The difference is the window the building characteristics (e.g. size) should be shown in. You propose that the building characteristics are shown in the 'upgrade window' (when you want to upgrade a building). Khebeln proposed that the building characteristics are shown in the research tree.

This leads me to a question for all readers: would you like to see the building characteristics in the research tree, in the upgrade window, or both?

DeletedUser31

A good wiki would be good, but there's one problem with them. They don't update automatically. They are good source of information but if there's an update that changes one building's size, maybe the editor will not see that and will not edit it. Ingame source would be good, because it updates every information automatically with the changes.

@Lauwi Both places would be nice. I will link this thread there, you can close this thread if you wish, now it seems as a duplicate. Sorry for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.