• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Been there, Done that - Resources Quest

DeletedUser867

Creatures.jpg

Clicking through allows me to discard this quest, but I've long since cleared all of the marble and planks near my city, and I would have expected it to automatically complete, or be skipped before I ever saw it.

Are there more entry level resources somewhere else, or is this quest impossible were I to accept it?

(New Issue was the only available prefix. I was expecting something like "Quest" in the roll bar.)

DeletedUser628

Thank you Katwijk for reporting this to us. The quest does not request those encounters from any specific province, which means it would count encounters from a future province as well. Unlike in FoE, the world map here doesn't end in any particular area so quests like these do not auto-complete.

DeletedUser

Anyway, I remember I also had problems with that quest. Of course you're in a hurry to solve the encounters of your tier 1 boosted good at that stage, and on the map the third province for that good is far away from the second, so you can't complete this quest for many days. This is, what I meant for example saying elsewhere: You're punished if you're too quick.

DeletedUser628

As Katwijk mentioned above, the quest can be aborted. If you feel it will take you too long or the reward isn't worth the effort, you're free to skip the quest.

Unfortunately there is not much to be done in situations like these. When you receive the a depends a lot on your own progress with the quests and how difficult the task is also depends on your own progress on the map. You've met the requirements for receiving the quest so you receive that quest once you have completed the quests before that one. You can still complete the quest, but how easily you do that depends on where you are on the map, there is little to be done on that front.

DeletedUser

But that's what I mean: If you're doing well, get your boost relics early, then you have to decline this quest, if you're a player other than me having fun to decline most of the quests you get. The player, who's doing not so well, may have left 2 or more open encounters in the first 2 provinces of that good and quite easily can get the reward.

This could be prevented by demanding to have a certain number of relics of 1 good for 1 certain quest instead of gaining some.

DeletedUser628

There are quests of that type, this is a different condition. But if you feel these quest requirements can be improved in any way, please share them with the rest of the community in the suggestions and ideas area. :)

DeletedUser867

Here's the same problem, on a quest which CANNOT be declined.
Collect Marble.jpg

DeletedUser628

There is no need to decline the quest as you can always complete it. You may need to acquire or scout new provinces, but there is no issue with those quests.

The quests do not ask for any specific province. This means any future province will be considered as well.

DeletedUser867

I have 16 Marble Relics and Plank Relics, and 32 Steel Relics, so the IMPLICATION is that
there MAY be more entry level relics somewhere, but they're certainly not anywhere near
my village, and ALL of the Relics on the World Map are for the next age.

So the quest is either impossible, or else it's very poorly presented,
because I haven't a clue where I'd look for additional Marble Relics.

Relics.jpg

DeletedUser867

OK - I may have found something. It would help a lot if the quest at least pointed to the Main Hall, and indicated that some of the entry level Relics are out beyond the 2nd tier quests. I'll holler when I've nailed down the scouting costs and the type of Military. The design may actually make sense, I'll report what I find, but as a minimum the text of the quest has a lot of room for improvement. <grumble><grumble><grumble>
locked.jpg

DeletedUser628

Dear Katwijk, the number of relics you own would not be relevant in this case. It's requesting that you obtain 5 new Marble relics from anywhere on the world map, which may require from you to make progress on there. If you're not sure where you can find new Marble relics, you can hover on the provinces you have yet to discover, they will display the relics they provide. Then simply aim your effort toward there, solve the encounters in your way and scout the provinces to that area. The map is endless and the type of relics varies from province to province, but there are always relics of any type to be obtained just by progressing on the map.

I do understand where you're coming from, but there is in fact no bug or issue with the quest. Though as mentioned previously, if you believe these type of quests can be improved in any way then you can propose changes in the Ideas and Suggestions area. If you believe the quest text or hints can be made clearer, please report that in the Text-related Errors area. Hope that clears up any confusion and enjoy the game.

DeletedUser867

OK - I guess I may be happy. Maybe the quest could say something like:
"You may have already found all of your nearby relics,
but you'll be able to find additional relics, of every type, throughout the map."
91 Thieves was typical of the armies, which was a pretty average fight, and the scouting costs were 16,000 Coins.
Part of my frustration is because I've been stuck for a couple of days.
The second tier sector armies were kicking my butt, for the most part,
and I incorrectly assumed that the entry level relics were all local.

DeletedUser

Ok, so it's no bug .. But it's not quite logical to serve this quest at a certain level in the game.
Because there's no way to find any marble residences in days (maybe weeks).
I think there are lots of people who have (of course) finished the marble residences at first...
I solved at least 10 providences without getting a Marble residence nearby :(

[update]
At this point I'm completely stock in my 2 quests...
Caus' I'm having this quest also:
eJexMI9.png

Maybe a tip for the future: spread the kinds of providences a bit more.
To comment: Of course it would be too simple to solve the quest(s) if the kinds of providences where served equally.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would have written something more here, because i mixed it up and it's the Katwijk-quest I remembered, when I did my first post. It's completely misplaced, but this is not the place to discuss.