• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battling versus catering in Scrolls Encounter

DeletedUser

I already said, i don't know what they do to tournaments. It affects scouting on the map, a chapter 3 person who completes provinces beyond what is required and has reached the 5th ring I think their negotiating Fee is 2300% to 6500% greater than mine. <They need more and larger factories than I do.

My bad on the planks, it was my marble I was thinking about.

I'm not wrong about the wonders and having 5 max factories. You can have some but not all of them.

I was complimenting you on your 16 wonders, you have the most. The game has forced you to become a more balanced player and yes my city is balanced. I have no need to over-produce.

SoggyShorts

DeletedUser

@SoggyShorts you are such a gem, of course, pick a diamond player who has scouted every province and bought every expansion. I think you just like to say you're wrong! lmao

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts you are such a gem, of course, pick a diamond player who has scouted every province and bought every expansion.
1. to be fair, They also have 8 of each factory, not your "impossible 5" so that's 60% more factories.
If you took them down to 5 of each, they'd have 20 empty expansions.
https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/6faf4e5c1cd744ed81cab2c61bab3ab4/

2. How about a player who has never spent a single penny on the game?
https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/61aa33655da743e0961c7440ba85b8e7/
There's my city using only buildings that I actually own and replacing all of my set buildings with wonders and 5 of each boosted factory.

I think you just like to say you're wrong! lmao
There is this insane thing that has been getting traction the past few years where facts don't seem to matter. I don't want to blame it all on the Cheeto-in-chief, but it does seem like people are more likely to state opinions as if they were facts, and far less likely to actually fact check things themselves.
I do enjoy calling these people out and will continue to do so. Call it a public service.:)

DeletedUser

Then I would say you're super lucky to get that many elven floats and over-scouted!

SoggyShorts

broken recipe.png
I actually disenchanted a few already, 22 is how many I have left.
Also, planning > luck.

The point is, that it absolutely can be done.

Why you'd want to is beyond me. At least 6 wonders are crap, and there is no reason to have so many factories.

DeletedUser

That's just crazy, almost as crazy as lovec krys' prince charmings.

DeletedUser

Do you think those provinces remaining that are diamond bought, could be extra expansions with future chapters? or there are no expansions left?

But I am going to stick around to see this to the end, to see if people can really fit more than 1 of each factory maxed. And I want all the wonders, because I don't really care for the repeat look of event buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Do you think those provinces remaining that are diamond bought, could be extra expansions with future chapters?
Anything is possible, but I don't think so. I'd like it if there was a reasonable path for F2P to get premium content, but I don't see inno giving up that revenue.
If all expansions can be earned there's a lot less incentive to buy them.

Lovec Krys

@Soleil My princes are results of several thinks together.
I have finished quests early, when they were still with higher rewards. Then waited for the mana giving building (I knew it would be the prince, since it was already on gamers website (I'm in Wood elves on beta, so it gives me mana)) and used almost all of my candies in a single day. I have carefully selected chests best for daily rewards. And of course, luck was also involved (but even on live, the minimal count of daily rewards was 12 for single city).

Those remaining expansions are for both - for future expansions and for premium expansions.
I expect Inno to raise expansion limit on the map during next two chapters, after that, even non-overscouted cities will hit the limit. The question is if Inno raises that number significatelly for x chapters ahead or gradually by a few each chapter (that would effectivelly stop most players from overscouting).

Last edited:

DeletedUser

When I peeked at your city, it was surprising to see, a sea of princes brushing their golden locks. What a funny building. It gives me a lot of supplies, since I tend to go with less workshops and don’t upgrade them until I have to for required chapter quests

With hitting max expansions on the map, I kinda wondered how that would affect people with the required chapter quests of scouting a province. Will they be forever stuck or does that quest become optional? The amuni chapter is 360 provinces and leaves 97 provinces for future chapters? Doesn’t seem like enough. Game would end in like 3 chapters. Maybe we’ll get to click an icon in our interface that shows a brand new map. Ya know for my pet dragon and other new stuff.

CrazyWizard

Wrong again.
Wonders save space.The more good wonders you have, the easier it is to fit more factories in. I have all of the good ones BTW.
Here's my list:
  • Dwarven bulwark-generally KP invested in the shrewdly is better than the dwarven bulwark, but you might unlock the bulwark months earlier which makes this a great wonder until then, and if you level it, it's not worth deleting.
The absolute worst wonders are imo:
  • Pyramid-craft a vallorian vallor or 2 instead.
There are 2 advises under your spoiler that I really dont agree with.

First of all, bulwark is much stronger than shrewdy on the long term in the game. thou I prefer the free units from the shrewdy as an elf. light melee just sucks.
Bulwark gives a percentage of your troop size as a training bonus. As your troopsize increases the further you advance in the game the more powerfull this building becomes.
Shrewdy all depends on the amount of armouries you're running. In my current chapter I need to run al least 4 armouries to get a comparable trainings size increase then I get from the bulwark at the same level.
An amount I haven't run in a long long while

As for the pyramid, valorian valor can't compare, it might be true on level one, ones you get a few levels in it, it outdwarfs the valor by so many times I can't even count it on 2 hands.

SoggyShorts

bulwark is much stronger than shrewdy on the long term in the game.
Only if you don't skip SS techs (which everyone should, and I did)
Or if you have fewer than 4 Armories.

As for the pyramid, valorian valor can't compare, it might be true on level one, ones you get a few levels in it, it outdwarfs the valor by so many times I can't even count it on 2 hands.
Nope. The pyramid always blows compared to vallors.

The pyramid is 4x6 =24 squares
Vallors are 3x3 = 9 squares
So we compare 2.66 Vallors vs 1 Pyramid (2.66 x 9 = 23.94, close enough to 24)

At the end of chapter 14 I will have an SS of 2,811.
2.66 Vallors make 955 VV per day
1028*6 size = 6,171, which is 2.2x my SS
A level 30 Pyramid gives 1.5x my SS

If you take every optional SS tech you will have an SS of 3984 I believe.
2.66 Vallors make 1028 VV per day
1028*6 size = 6.171, which is 1.54x max SS
A level 30 Pyramid gives 1.5x max SS per day and costs 20,000 KP

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Only if you don't skip SS techs (which everyone should, and I did)
A level 30 bulwark wouldn't be better than a level 11 SSS for me.

I skipped as much as I could after the change
upload_2019-3-16_17-15-52.png

upload_2019-3-16_17-16-51.png
Nope. The pyramid always blows compared to vallors.

The pyramid is 4x6 =24 squares
Vallors are 3x3 = 9 squares
So we compare 2.66 Vallors vs 1 Pyramid (2.66 x 9 = 23.94, close enough to 24)

At the end of chapter 14 I will have an SS of 2,811.
2.66 Vallors make 955 VV per day
1028*6 size = 6,171, which is 2.2x my SS
A level 30 Pyramid gives 1.5x my SS

If you take every optional SS tech you will have an SS of 3984 I believe.
2.66 Vallors make 1028 VV per day
1028*6 size = 6.171, which is 1.54x max SS
A level 30 Pyramid gives 1.5x max SS per day and costs 20,000 KP
[
It's every 3 hours! not once a day!
upload_2019-3-16_17-18-26.png

[/QUOTE]

SoggyShorts

I skipped as much as I could after the change
Yeah it's totally different if you skipped more. I'll make a note on my list.
Bulwark level 30: 150%x2,811 = 4,216
SSS Level 30 with 1 armory = 1320
SSS Level 30 with 2 armory = 2640
SSS Level 30 with 3 armory = 3960

SSS Level 30 with 4 armory = 5280
SSS Level 30 with 5 armory = 6600
SSS Level 30 with 6 armory = 7920
SSS Level 30 with 7 armory = 9240

It's every 3 hours! not once a day!
Ah poop. Lemme recalc...

Pyramid > Vallors if
Collect 1x per day: never
Collect 2x per day: Level 19
Collect 3x per day: Level 13
Collect 4x per day: Level 9
Collect 5x per day: Level 6
Collect 6x per day: Level 5
Collect 7x per day: Level 4
Collect 8x per day: Level 3

Ok, I think I should take it off of my "crap" list, but it's still quite bad as a player on a normal server level 9 and 4 collects per day is pretty high. Not everyone plays on the Dutch server where you get 5,000 KP per week. ;)
Placing 2 or 3 vallors and putting the 3,000 KP in another wonder is probably better for a normal player getting ~300KP per week, or even a hardcore one gettin 600 per week.

I'm a pretty hardcore player and have 8 level 6 wonders and 8 level 8-11 wonders, so to make the Pyramid better than Vallors I'd need to put a huge portion of KP into it.

CrazyWizard

I wish it was 5K a week,
Took me 9 weeks to collect this collection:
upload_2019-3-16_18-16-42.png
2 more research before I can finally add my simia sapiens, just in time before the switch to summer time in which I have much less time for tournaments during the day.

No clue what normal wonders should be, started a new account it was already a year old, but got deleted once, and started playing it again since november I think.
And could easily have my 4th 10+ wonder, if I was not struggling with my workers. I'am moving so fast trought the research tree that my workers simply can't keep up. my bullwark (lvl 1) and needles(lvl 3) are stuck because I can't spare the workers. playing in the fairies chapter while my buildings are still in chapter 5/dwarves

But in each tournament I managed to pull of 1600+ points and 2700+ in both scrolls tournaments since I needed my 700% boost.
Scrolls stay's an enourmous pain in the *ss.

The main problem is that the light melee units lack approx. 100% HP before they can compare to the other units in strength.
When you add 100% extra HP they are not to bad.

SoggyShorts

I wish it was 5K a week,
Took me 9 weeks to collect this collection:
But...where's the KP from push accounts, and how come only 2x30 KP instants? Don't you get 1x30 every 10 chest?
Also, your chapter 7 city is kinda irrelevant when we are talking about the usefulness of a chapter 14 wonder:p

Yeah scrolls blows. I'm considering selling my Training Grounds and not cooking light melee at all. Just suicide my bulwark troops round 1 and cater the rest.
Use the 2 weeks LM training to train mages instead?

CrazyWizard

But...where's the KP from push accounts, and how come only 2x30 KP instants? Don't you get 1x30 every 10 chest?
Also, your chapter 7 city is kinda irrelevant when we are talking about the usefulness of a chapter 14 wonder:p

Yeah scrolls blows. I'm considering selling my Training Grounds and not cooking light melee at all. Just suicide my bulwark troops round 1 and cater the rest.
Use the 2 weeks LM training to train mages instead?

Well that chapter 7 accounts some day gets towards chapter 14 at least I hope. I need those wonder levels also for the seeds if I dont wanna be stuck on those.
And Since I invest those 30KP for more in return at peoples wonders I dont have to many of those left. just like all the other non 5's and 20's KP instants.

Once I finisch this chapter I hope to return to invest to 2000+kp per week in my wonders. this is the base KP, book of secrests, wonder searching, tournaments, and returns from swapping KP within the guild.
No pushing required, but it takes a lot more effort but also more rewarding.

If you completly cater scrolls and magic dust tournaments then there is nothing left for the other tournaments, you can't just battle or just negotiate and expect good results week in week out with any account past chapter 4. only chapter 4 accounts can do 6*26 provincies weekly using catering without cheating.

I like to do 30-35 provincies since it gives me loads of KP at round 2 and 5. and those help boosting your wonders a lot or in my case currently racing trough the constructs chapter.
I have experimented a lot lately and am now able to pull off these numers by fighting/negotiating. a big help are my mega-supersets that deliver millions of goods weekly to offset my handicap introduced by the SS increase from woodelves and before. (in fact since constructs I don't even have T1 factories anymore to create space)
Without them I would be screwed another huge help are the combat buildings, and by placing them strategically during for example scrolls tournament I can even fight my way trough that mess.
Once you add about 100% HP to your light melee there not too bad anymore and very comparable to your other units during other tournaments.
try it out next scroll tourney and you'll be suprised.

Since 12 weeks I am finally able to beat the chapter 4 negatiotor accounts which do 26 provincies 6 rounds with there eyes closed each week, but's it also there "ork limited" barrier. (7020 tournament points), it has taken a lot of effort to get to this point. and it will stay that way for the forseeing future.
The tourney balance is really screwed thats to those flaws.

SoggyShorts

Yeah my goal is only to get 10 chests, and I'm in Canada so 6 rounds isn't possible without losing sleep, and Elvenar isn't worth that.
Basically, I do 1-5 @5 stars and 6+ @ 2 stars only. I just can't stand all of the clicking required to do more so I stop anywhere from 20(scrolls) to 40(steel)

I'm looking forward to the 2 new wonders.