• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle [Battle] Tournament timer (16h)

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1596

Summary
Make the tournament start at certain time and unlock every following round 24 hours later. (one round per day)

Description
This can be achieved by giving more time for the tournaments
- Shorten the cooldown or
- Extend the tournament length
-Keep one round per day, starting at a steady hour (e.g 12 AM). You would have the entire day to complete this round, and the next day there is one new round.
- Use progressive timing (as explained by @conqueror9 )

Motivation
Because of other responsabilities during the day, players are unable to complete the tournament without extra help or without spending extra hours.

Possible downsides
Might have negative impact on diamonds spent.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Wouldn't making the timer change from 16h to 24h give you less time to complete the tournament? If it was still the same number of days long, you would never get the 6th star.

As it is now you can do each province 5x by doing it once a day, and 6x is anywhere from annoying to impossible depending on timezone/work.

I'd love to see the timer reduced from 16h to even 14h so that I'd be able to do 6 without losing any sleep.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1596

Of course, they would have to give us one more day to make any sense. Or, as you say, keep the number of days and shorten cooldown. Whatever. I'd give my left kidney for any of these options.

DeletedUser1657

I would love them to do something to reduce the timer or extend the tournament length so those who can't play 24/7 can obtain the final rounds. The tournament starts at the same time universally (I presume as it is the same time for US and EN servers).

Sadly I can't see either change happening, in fact Muf-Muf mentioned on Saturday (on another forum) that "...at this point it seems unlikely for the timers to be reduced"
The tournament length is also unlikely to change as they need a gap for them to put the player movements when they are ready to make them go weekly as they can't do them while tournaments are running.

Buttrflwr

Actually, the 24 hour timer would "balance" ;) the game between people who can't access it at work and those who have 24/7 access.
My thing with these tourneys is why in the HECK do they start on Monday mid-morning and finish on Saturday mid-morning?? Weekends are the ONLY time I can play during the day...it would make more sense to have the tourney end on Sunday evening-ish.

Edit...I forgot about the universal timer thing. But I sincerely wish I had the opportunity to play the tourneys on the weekend. :(

DeletedUser724

I object change to 24 hour

In fact, it should be shorten to 8 or 12 hours
There are 6 round
each round is more diffculties ( more loss or even cannot win) to previous round
and
reward is increased in same province with round increased

6 round, each 16 hour, so we need 80 (16 X 5 ) hour
even you can run 16 hour in time, there is not much spare time remain

because of increasing difficulties
more and more battles need to do manual, it take time

my recent experience ( I try to play 16 hour)
I can only do it in the 1st 8 provinces
it is becos the timing ( waiting 16 hour for next round ), right time that you are online and timing to spend in manual fighting

If the time is shorten to 8 or 12 hour
it is more suit-able (especially for those who are working) to play ( you do not wait for timer mature )
e.g. you play some while in lunch break, then u can start next round in the evening with 8 hour

or
using progressive timing
round 2 ..waiting time 4 hour after round 1
round 3 ..waiting time 6 hour after round 2
round 4 ..waiting time 8 hour after round 3
round 5 ..waiting time 10 hour after round 4
round 6 ..waiting time 12 hour after round 5

you should able to do more manual fighting or even arrange to take a break due to work.....

Buttrflwr

I object change to 24 hour

In fact, it should be shorten to 8 or 12 hours
There are 6 round
each round is more diffculties ( more loss or even cannot win) to previous round
and
reward is increased in same province with round increased

6 round, each 16 hour, so we need 80 (16 X 5 ) hour
even you can run 16 hour in time, there is not much spare time remain

because of increasing difficulties
more and more battles need to do manual, it take time

my recent experience ( I try to play 16 hour)
I can only do it in the 1st 8 provinces
it is becos the timing ( waiting 16 hour for next round ), right time that you are online and timing to spend in manual fighting

If the time is shorten to 8 or 12 hour
it is more suit-able (especially for those who are working) to play ( you do not wait for timer mature )
e.g. you play some while in lunch break, then u can start next round in the evening with 8 hour

or
using progressive timing
round 2 ..waiting time 4 hour after round 1
round 3 ..waiting time 6 hour after round 2
round 4 ..waiting time 8 hour after round 3
round 5 ..waiting time 10 hour after round 4
round 6 ..waiting time 12 hour after round 5

you should able to do more manual fighting or even arrange to take a break due to work.....

I agree, I would rather it be shortened, as that would give us more time to play before and after work. As it stands now, I can only do tourneys once every day, as the timer ends when I am at work, so I can only play them in the evenings. It really sucks and puts me at a huge disadvantage. A 24 hour timer would even it out, but they would have to extend the tourney through the weekend to give enough time to finish upper lvls.

DeletedUser1596

First, my description was a little unclear. What I meant wasn't 24 hours cooldown, but 1 round every day. Which means, that one day you fight whenever you want and the next day you may fight another round whenever you want. That "certain time" mentioned in my "solution" would be preferably at 00:00. Six rounds, six days. Easy to understand and plenty of time.

Second, the point is not in arguing about the cooldown length. My main point was in asking for a change. I'd let INNO decide what length fits best while making it more user-friendly. Progressive timing or not, both are equally good for me.

DeletedUser1759

Hey guys!

Thanks for this idea and the discussion about it. I have modified the opening post according to the suggestions given and created a poll.
Please vote!

DeletedUser1877

No one seems to have thought about the results of changing the timer. Shortening it would reduce the time to generate goods and recruit tropps between rounds, increasing the difficulty of the tournament overall.

Conversely, extending the timer to 24 hours meand a potential 50% increase in goods/trrops generated between rounds, making the tournament easier overall. That would likely mean a 're-balance' was required.

DeletedUser724

If yes mean "current timer system (16 hr ) need to revised and change"

I vote YES

now, my tournment are basically 100% manual after encounter reduced from 8 to 4 with enemy size hugh increased
I use nearly 1 hour to complete 1 round for 8 province
more time require for next round...more more for next round...

suppose the change help player
now, player get serious hurt /hammer

It is FREE GAME
Player get advantage by spending , that is fine
but it is a FREE GAME, INNO should consider to leave a path for those who are willing to pay time to do manual fighting in tournment

CrazyWizard

No one seems to have thought about the results of changing the timer. Shortening it would reduce the time to generate goods and recruit tropps between rounds, increasing the difficulty of the tournament overall.

Conversely, extending the timer to 24 hours meand a potential 50% increase in goods/trrops generated between rounds, making the tournament easier overall. That would likely mean a 're-balance' was required.

Last time I checked a week still holds 7*24 hours. so the generation of goods and troops is not a value that need to be considered. it would only need consideration if the tournaments would be held faster than once a week.

DeletedUser1596

Hi everybody, this idea was posted in ancient times, when there was a different number of battles/province, different AI, rewards, scoring, catering prices... Now, even if we do not manage to beat all 6 stars, we still get a lot of rewards and we still can be a great help in our hunt for the 10th chest :). This means, that timer problem is not priority anymore and perhaps other ideas should be dealt with before this one.

BUT! this does not mean I wouldn't like to fight all 6 rounds. You see, I like tournaments. For me it's the most enjoyable part of the game and this is spoiling the fun a little.

And finally.. there is no need to argue about how to do it exactly. The devs will know. Let's just vote on whether we want this to change or not.

CrazyWizard

oh about the timer, I wont vote positive or negative.

Right now with the new tournament point counting there are more roads to success, you simply do not need round 6.
for that reason, fellowship reward wise this post feels pointless.

On the other hand, to battle for the top spots and earning ranking points you surely do need round 6, and therefore the competition for the top spots would be a lot broader making it more of a challenge. since people who have no access to the internet during work hours could compete as wel.

Instead of the timer, another option might be to look at the times itself. and find a pattern that allows at least a 9/5 workday to reach round 6, 1 option could be to have the tournament run from wednesday to sunday, each time the tournaments are delayed by a day, we see an increase in participations, players could do there "2 rounds a day" on a saturday in that case.

DeletedUser

I don't want a longer tournament, 4 days is enough but I wouldn't mind a more flexible starttime (but keep the same 4x24 hours tournament window) so each can start the tournament when it best suits him.

For example: during wintertime the tournament started at 19:00 o'clock, which was perfect for me. Now during summertime it's starts at 20:00 o'clock but because of real life obligations I'm unable to play at that time, I can only start around midnight so I've already lost 4 hours. :( It would be perfect if I can start earlier (and off course also stop earlier then).

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttrflwr

Instead of the timer, another option might be to look at the times itself. and find a pattern that allows at least a 9/5 workday to reach round 6, 1 option could be to have the tournament run from wednesday to sunday, each time the tournaments are delayed by a day, we see an increase in participations, players could do there "2 rounds a day" on a saturday in that case.

THIS!! PLEASE!! Those of us that work can't complete the tourney's the way they are set up. PLEASE have them run on WEEKENDS!!

DeletedUser1777

To increase the amount of people who are timewise be able to manage the 6th star, it would need a combination of changes:
- start of tournaments postponed a day in order to include more time at the weekend
- shorten the cooldown to 14 hours

I'm lucky and are able to manage the 6th star, even with a little lack of sleep on one day. But I see the point many players aren't able to fit in the small borders Inno has placed around the tournament. So for those players I vote "yes"

Shorten to 4 was a first good step, but there need to be a little more support from Inno to satisfy players.

DeletedUser1953

We can extend the cooldown like help between neightbours to 22-23h (you can sleep 1h more ;) + time to complete the round), to compensate, reduce the number of round to 5 (in place of 6). Tournament take too much time ;)