• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle [Battle] Start Formation and Map Overview

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser580

Summary
Being able to choose which units you want to put where on the battlefield and see a map overview of the battlefield.

Description
It would be nice to see more visible where which unit will start on the battleground. Really often its quiet important. :)

Just rearrange the spots which we fill like I did in the screen.

I'd also like to see a map overview of the battlefield, so I can adjust my units to the terrain and obstacles.

Motivation
It would enhance the tactical aspect of the battles, making battles more dynamic and contributing to how players feel about the battles.

Possible downsides
Would probably take some dev time to rewrite scripts. Other than that, none.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+! for thuncal, ++2 for working out the idea, Thuncal.
Nice avatar by the way. The tree and green notifies that you are an elf.

DeletedUser442

Indeed. I miss the option to re-arrange my troops like, for example, in Heroes of Might and Magic. Somehow the looks of this battle system reminds me of that.

DeletedUser

+1 ...Good one ... but not sure this will be done as it makes things easier for players and the dev's of elvenar are busy trying to make things harder, harder and complicated :D

DeletedUser

It is not necessarily easier. It would actually provide better combat depth and flow. Even with Thaphantoms guide it isn't fun. A better interface would result in the wanted tactics like the opening of a chess game. It's all about the beginning, if a person starts good the game will be good.

DeletedUser43

This idea has been forwarded together with the great mock-up!
In the meantime, you could use the Encounters Guide (click) my collegue Goryn linked to earlier. The current start formation is discussed in the first post under the header "Battlefield Units Placement". :)

DeletedUser

It would be nice to see more visible where which unit will start on the battleground. Really often its quiet important. :)

Just rearrange the spots which we fill like I did in the screen.

+1, good idea :)

DeletedUser118

I would really like to see that one. The coolest solution of course would be if I could decide freely which troop to place where. :cool:

DeletedUser1596

I don't understand why we have to discuss this at all. This should have been implemented a long time ago. Our units are placed onto the battlefield in a dumb order (3-2-4-1-5).

DeletedUser1767

I usually don't vote in the battle-related polls because, as a pacifist, I can't make an informed decision, but I'm making an exception in this case because this seems like a no-brainer.