• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle [Battle] Realtime update of damage in tooltip

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dony

King of Bugs
Summary
Show current damage values (based on buffs/debuffs) in tooltips during battle.

Description
With so many debuffs in new system it would be nice to have adjusted numbers of damage based on debuff on unit.
Right now the only way to see what kind of debuffs unit has is to check that debuff on unit who casted it (if you dont know debuffs by name and what they do).

So lets say we have unit who does 7932 - 10731 damage and it receives debuff which lowers his damage by 30%.
Then tooltip could show as 5552 - 7512 or even show both numbers, lower numbers with red colour and original numbers as green.

5552 - 7512
(7932 - 10731)

Second thing which can be done similarly is with defense debuff.
Lets say unit has 50% defense against light melee, game shows it as -50%
Now that unit gets debuff which lowers his defense by 30%
Game whould then show:

<Light melee icon> -20% (-50%) + all other adjusted 4 types.

If there was not any defense bonus then it could go as +30% (0%) with more reddish colour and bigger font so everybody can see on first sight that he will take extra damage

2 more things for improving combat information:

1. when showing tooltip of units on bottom bar, we can see the name of the debuff and its not clear on first sight what that debuff is, if you click on that unit, it doesnt show debuff on unit information screen and only way to find out what that debuff do is to find source of that debuff, but sometimes when there are 12 units on the battlefield it is possible that you wont be able to find out what that debuff do.
It would be nice if on that tooltip next to the name of the debuff would be what it does.
For example:

Weird Witchcraft +40% damage taken/2 rounds (or just 2r)

2. it would be really nice if hovering over enemy unit on the battlefield it would show tooltip next to it with information such as:
Expected number of units to die if my active unit would attack it, where taking into account minimum damage and maximum damage with all active buff/debuffs on the target. Second line below it should show actual total damage in numbers.
Something like:

(Icon of skull) 2-3
(Icon of sword) 1203 - 1953
(Icon of heart) 5325

meaning that with minimum damage roll i would do 1203 damage and killing 2 units and with maximum damage roll i would do 1953 damage with 3 units killed while taking into account for example 20% damage reduction on the target, and 30% increased damage on the target.
5325 would be exact hitpoints of squad needed to kill it completely.
tooltip will be disabled while enemy moves

Motivation
Would help players understanding the choices they make during battles.

Possible downsides
Could cause more confusion because these numbers would change every turn basically. Other than that, none.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
2 more things for improving combat information:

1. when showing tooltip of units on bottom bar, we can see the name of the debuff and its not clear on first sight what that debuff is, if you click on that unit, it doesnt show debuff on unit information screen and only way to find out what that debuff do is to find source of that debuff, but sometimes when there are 12 units on the battlefield it is possible that you wont be able to find out what that debuff do.
It would be nice if on that tooltip next to the name of the debuff would be what it does.
For example:

Weird Witchcraft +40% damage taken/2 rounds (or just 2r)

2. it would be really nice if hovering over enemy unit on the battlefield it would show tooltip next to it with information such as:
Expected number of units to die if my active unit would attack it, where taking into account minimum damage and maximum damage with all active buff/debuffs on the target. Second line below it should show actual total damage in numbers.
Something like:

(Icon of skull) 2-3
(Icon of sword) 1203 - 1953
(Icon of heart) 5325

meaning that with minimum damage roll i would do 1203 damage and killing 2 units and with maximum damage roll i would do 1953 damage with 3 units killed while taking into account for example 20% damage reduction on the target, and 30% increased damage on the target.
5325 would be exact hitpoints of squad needed to kill it completely.
tooltip will be disabled while enemy moves

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
this idea is now a bit of outdated due debuff rework, multiplicative effects instead of additive effects
i will add reworked screenshots from behind the scene battle redesign thread, there are more infos if you want

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

DeletedUser1657

this idea is now a bit of outdated due debuff rework, multiplicative effects instead of additive effects

While the calculations may have changed from when you originally posted the concept of the idea and the need for it hasn't changed.

p.s I have enjoyed reading your insights into combat.

DeletedUser1596

But please.. plain nubers. No sword icons for retards. Many of us can count.